Something is working... But no idea what!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

K

Kat73

Guest Shopper
I have a dilemma. After a few months of using Elemis Pro Radience Cleanser followed by PCMC I ditched them and went back to old favourite Liz Earle cleanse and polish followed by superskin moisturiser in late January/early February. Then I bought beauty pick of the month for february the Moringa Balm, plus the try me sizes of the am/pm cream, with the lift and sculpt eye serum, the rosehip seeds and the cloth. Then I got the Bare Minerals TSV and have slotted that active soil complex as the last step at night. So my daily facial skincare routine is this:
- morning - cleanse and polish followed by superskin. I use ultrasun for face occasionally when necessary

-Evening- cleanse with Emma Hardie Moringa Balm, and follow with am/pm cream and the eye serum. When absorbed apply Bare Minerals powder thingy.

My dilemma is that my skin (which was ok before, but nothing to rave about using the Elemis- has got loads better, soft, smooth, even toned and not what you would expect for a 39 year old who hasn't slept through the night for 6 months having recently had a baby. But I have absolutely no idea which product has done this, or which to re-purchase- maybe I should just keep using them all! This has never happened to me before, the only thing that came close was discovering Cleanse and Polish almost 13 years ago.

Thinking this may become expensive....

Hi Kat

As you say yourself it may be the combination of all those products thats working. Only thing to do to find out if its any in particular is to stop using them one at a time and see what impact it has!! Youre right though, could be expensive :0)

I have a dilemma. After a few months of using Elemis Pro Radience Cleanser followed by PCMC I ditched them and went back to old favourite Liz Earle cleanse and polish followed by superskin moisturiser in late January/early February. Then I bought beauty pick of the month for february the Moringa Balm, plus the try me sizes of the am/pm cream, with the lift and sculpt eye serum, the rosehip seeds and the cloth. Then I got the Bare Minerals TSV and have slotted that active soil complex as the last step at night. So my daily facial skincare routine is this:
- morning - cleanse and polish followed by superskin. I use ultrasun for face occasionally when necessary

-Evening- cleanse with Emma Hardie Moringa Balm, and follow with am/pm cream and the eye serum. When absorbed apply Bare Minerals powder thingy.

My dilemma is that my skin (which was ok before, but nothing to rave about using the Elemis- has got loads better, soft, smooth, even toned and not what you would expect for a 39 year old who hasn't slept through the night for 6 months having recently had a baby. But I have absolutely no idea which product has done this, or which to re-purchase- maybe I should just keep using them all! This has never happened to me before, the only thing that came close was discovering Cleanse and Polish almost 13 years ago.

Thinking this may become expensive....

Maybe your answer :cheeky:

Sorry to be devils advocate but as you've recently had a baby the change in your skin could just as easily be due to your hormones changing and stabilizing post pregnancy........ Im a fan of Emma hardie, Liz Earle and elemis but I do know that after pregnancy my skin changed dramatically.

I Also found that pro radiance had a more longer lasting effect - which wasn't visible to later on - ie it cleared all the junk out rather like the bliss capsules and balanced the skin out.

I'm a big fan of keeping my routine simple. Not least because of the cost but the time and fiddle factor also matter. You could try removing one product/element of the routine and see what happens. Although the only place where you're doubling up on any "product" is at night. So maybe try the am pm cream on it's own for a week or the BE stuff and see what happens. But using two different cleansers and two different moisturisers needn't prove any more expensive than sticking to one cleanser and one moisturiser.

Hi Kat

I sympathise - my routine has become a bit complicated too. I'm nearly 50 and my skin has always been super sensitive, combination with very dry cheeks and still spots on chin especially at "The Time of the Month" and I've always envied other women with good skin. I've recently added some Balance Me products to Clarisonic, LE C/P, EH Moringa Balm and Bare Minerals norm/comb moisturiser. All of a sudden my skin is behaving itself for the first time ever and I only get a few little breakouts which go overnight. I'm very, very happy about this but, like you say, I'm not sure whether it is one thing or a mixture of products but I'm going to stick to it. Not exactly cheap but tsvs and starter kits help.:whew:

My routine:

AM - Balance Me Pure Skin Face Wash, LE IBST and BM norm/comb moisturiser or Balance Me Balancing Moisturiser. Eye Cream - LE Daily Eye Repair.

PM - Daily cleanse with Moringa Balm, LE IBST, Balance Me Radiance Oil all over face and neck followed by Balance Me Moisture Rich moisturiser just on cheeks. Every other day I use the Clarisonic with LE C/P after cleansing with Moringa Balm. Eye Cream EH Eye Serum alternating with Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream.

My "gut" feeling is that it might be the Radiance Oil that has made the difference because I've never got on with them before - can't stand LE Superskin Conc - and I might have been overloading my skin with moisturisers that I didn't need.

Would be interested to hear anyone about anyone else's routines.

I use the Bare Minerals thingy and find it clears up minor imperfections (moi have imperfections, never) and leaves my skin looking OK. Could be that, otherwise try eliminating the products one at a time and see what happens.

My routine is very simple BUT I have easy skin that has the sensitivity of rhino hide. I am a few months off 50 with few if any wrinkles and the odd spot every now and then on my chin.

Evening: Cleanse n Polish, IBST and either PCMC or Liz Earle Superskin concentrate. Whatever eye cream I'm using ... current Champneys.

Morning: Cleanse n Polish or more likely Neal's Yard Rose Wash Off Cleanser, IBST and either PCMC or sometimes Decleor Prolagene first if I'm trying to heal up spots. Then whatever eye cream I'm using.

I recently did a full month's course of Bliss Capsules. Made no ruddy difference whatsoever BUT as I said to start with, I am blessed with good skin so I would be surprised if it had made a massive difference. I wouldn't bother with them again.

Latest posts

Back