Sony Xperia Z Ultra Android Smartphone TSV 01/08/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's nice to see a different brand for a technology TSV. Sadly I had a Sony phone recently but it was horrible.

When I was looking to replace my phone the Sony ones did not get good reviews.

I liked my Sony Xperia U :)

Not really seen any bad reviews on them - at least not the top of the range stuff.

I have an Xperia mobile its the worst phone I have ever used. I'd be interested to see how q flog it to the unsuspecting. Beware it's not very user friendly and feels really awkward to hold ,it looks cheap and plasticky too.

I have an Xperia mobile its the worst phone I have ever used. I'd be interested to see how q flog it to the unsuspecting. Beware it's not very user friendly and feels really awkward to hold ,it looks cheap and plasticky too.

Although I hate it to use I don't think it is any worse looking than other brands except Apple but then you are paying a heck of a lot more.

I only really keep a mobile for emergency use as I can't be bothered with the blasted things but the Sony annoys me so much I'm nearly (not quite), thinking of an Apple despite the cost.

In what way did you find it difficult to use? The setup is pretty much the same as any other Android based phone.

Sony Xperia Z 6.4" Ultra SIM Free Android Smartphone w/ Bluetooth Speaker

QVC Price: £360.00

Today's Special Value Price :£329.94

P&P: £6.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/Sony-Xperia-Z-....html?sc=SPLN&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-505303

Sony Xperia Z Ultra 6.4" Android smartphone with Moo Sweden Bluetooth speaker. Supplied SIM-free and unlocked for use on any UK network, the Sony Xperia Z Ultra is the world's first Android smartphone with a 6.4" Full HD display, plus it features a powerful quad-core processor for a fast and fluid performance, and is water and dust-resistant to withstand the rigours of daily use. Experience the best of both worlds with the Sony Xperia Z Ultra, a smartphone and tablet in one - you'll find it hard to believe you ever lived without it!

A uniquely brilliant display - providing a visual experience unlike anything ever seen on a mobile phone before, the Xperia Z Ultra proves that bigger really is better. Sony’s own TRILUMINOS with X-Reality technology creates a wider palette of rich, natural colours, with each pixel optimised to provide the sharpest possible videos and images.

Desirable design - with the utmost attention to detail, this smartphone has been carefully crafted using clean lines and premium materials. Both the front and back are made of glass with a seamless, reflection-coated surface. Plus, with its ultra slim 6.5mm body and lightweight finish, it’s the perfect partner for someone on the go.

Built to last - with a rating of IP55 and IP58, the Xperia Z Ultra is water and dust-resistant, giving you the freedom to film and take pictures in all weathers and in fresh water up to 1.5m for 30 minutes.

Great for work and play - the super responsive screen comes with handwriting recognition and is compatible with any pencil or metallic pen. This big-screen phone also lets you take notes using the Notebook or Sketchbook apps. In fact, you can even take notes from a locked screen and during calls.

Pitch perfect - offers the superb sound quality of Sony’s Clear Audio+ and XLoud loudness enhancement, which means your entertainment is delivered with unbelievable clarity.

Added value - with a 45mm 3W element inside a high quality, compact design, the Moo Sweden 4.0 Bluetooth speaker won't disappoint. Plus, the 520mAh lithium battery allows you to enjoy your music for up to three times longer.

Full HD display with technology taken from Sony Bravia TVs
4G ready for ultra-fast internet speeds (4G data plan required)
Enjoy thousands of useful and fun apps with complete access to the Google Play store and Google Mobile apps

Technical specifications:
Xperia Z Ultra:

Display: 6.4" (16.3cm) TFT screen; 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution; 16 million colours
Operating system: Google Android 4.4 (KitKat)
Processor: 2.2GHz Qualcomm MSM8974 quad core
Storage: 16GB
Camera: 8MP fast-capture camera with Exmore RS and 16x digital zoom with auto focus
Audio: Sony’s Clear Audio+ and XLoud loudness enhancement
Durability: water-resistant: IP55 and IP58; dust-resistant: IP55
Battery life: talk time: up to 16 hours; standby: up to 820 hours; playing music: up to 110 hours; video playback: up to 7 hours
Dimensions (l x w x d): 17.9cm x 9.2cm x 0.6cm (7" x 3.6" x 0.2")
Weight: 212g

Input/output:

1 x Micro USB
1 x Micro SD card slot

Moo Sweden Bluetooth speaker:

Working range: up to 10m (32' 10")
Loudspeaker output: 3W
Play time: up to 10 hours
Charge time: two hours
Dimensions (l x w x d): 6cm x 6cm x 5cm (2.3" x 2.3" x 1.9")
Weight: 230g

What’s in the box?

Sony Xperia Z Ultra smartphone
UK mains charger
USB data cable
SBH20 Bluetooth headphones
Documentation

Added value:

Moo Sweden 201 Bluetooth speaker

Direct despatch: please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery. UK mainland including Northern Ireland only

All measurements are approximate

Sony Xperia Z -- tempted? Don't be.

I've owned this. The Z Ultra. It seems QVC are shifting old models, as its been available for about 1 year elsewhere
Nice phone, expensive, but its not without niggles...
The gripes I have are basically as follows.
Battery life - its very poor, furthermore battery is non replaceable -- its amazing you cant find a charger when you need it most
The additional speaker in the QVC bundle is because the loudspeaker on this is poor. This is probably due to increased water tightness on device.
The size is a bit impractical, for a phone - only after owning this I realised how handy it was that my smaller phone slipped in almost anywhere. It really is totally impractical for every day use If you do manage to find a pocket big enough, at least you wont get a bulge :mysmilie_11:because it is VERY thin

It doesn't take a genius to work out the bigger a screen is the more susceptible the glass is to break, and yep, hands up, my screen has cracked on mine, luckily within warranty, oh it LOVES smudges by the way, the white one not so smudgy, but I dont think white is available on QVC

I replaced mine eventually with another brand, leaving Sony completely, and I'm glad I did.

Maybe save the ££ - wait for something that is bang up to date rather than a model that is 'old stock' and furthermore, no camera flash!!! MAD. I was impressed by the display though, but VERY reflective on a sunny day outdoors with very poor sunlight contrast ratio

Last edited:
In what way did you find it difficult to use? The setup is pretty much the same as any other Android based phone.

It's my first Android device and didn't come with a manual the online help was next to useless. Not as intuitive as Apple, it's quite big ( lengthways) and very thin it feels flimsy and that it could fall out of my hands and shatter. The back keeps falling off
On the plus side the camera and screen are excellent but that's not the main reason for buying a phone.

the size of phones is getting silly when will it stop it looks like a tablet soon have to make pockets bigger.

When I was in Malaysia last year I noticed that more people seemed to have the larger phones.
QVC usually bring old technology.

Far too large for my liking to use as a telephone but great camera and graphics. HTC and Samsung are ones to look at.

Latest posts

Back