Standardisation of sizes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
I've posted this in here but it could go anywhere really.

I think it is about time what with all the EU regulations for everything these days that we had uniform clothes sizing right across the board.

I am fed up to the back teeth of a size meaning one thing with one retailer and quite another with a shop down the street.

When I was a teenager, the standard size that every female aimed for was 36 - 24 - 36 with the waist always being 12 inches smaller than the bust and hips. Classic hourglass! This equated to a 14 by the way.

Why can't clothes be sized so that we could go in any shop or watch any channel and know that we are getting the same size no matter where we buy them from. Maybe there could be a slight variation like a 14+ or a 14- (etc etc ) so that people with in between sizes could try them.

I am an XL in some things, 2XL in others and dare I say 3XL in some. It is very much a guessing game.

If you look at Nina Leonard clothes for instance, they even vary from dress to dress.

It's so irritating but QVC and the High Street are equally guilty. I don't find a massive difference in Nina Leonard in reality, for instance, but the measurements given are not what you get. I've got a few NL dresses and I buy an XL and they fit great BUT going by the sizing on QVC I should be ordering a 2XL minimum!

It also gets on my pip when ranges differ wildly in sizing on tops and bottoms. I have a Kim & Co dress in a 3xl but when I tried (and didn't keep!) her trousers even the XL was too big. My bottom is one size smaller than my top not three!!

Well it is not just shop to shop in my experience it can happen in the same store. Even in M&S.

Latest posts

Back