Steal Deal!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TheManWithNoName

Registered Shopper
These were on Jewellery Maker - part of the Gemporia partnership, earlier today. This is the 'discounted' on-air price.

1.JPG

Meanwhile, the same item on Gem Collector, also part of the Gemporia partnership. This is also the 'discounted' on-air price.

2.JPG

The difference on this 'Steal' of a deal? Just the item code and £60......

This isn't the first time they've taken Gem Collector stones and put them on Jewellery Maker under a different code at a hiked up price.

Wow... just... wow.... seven times the price... I thought it was bad when they marked something up by 50 per cent as it was on the breakfast show.

It's disgraceful.

I'm all for businesses making a profit - but there's a difference between making a profit and ripping people off.

If they were selling them at a tenner just a matter of weeks ago, they were presumably already making a profit at that price.

I had a look at them and can't see a difference - except for the code - the Gem Collector one is unavailable now, but the other one is still there.

They've done it before with Colour Change Fluorite and a few other stones too. They used to send them out with the original Gem Collector item number on the authenticity certificate - but I think people were complaining after putting the 'old' code into Gem Collector or Google and seeing how much lower the price was on that website. Now they show a different code on Jewellery Maker - presumably to stop people 'cross-referencing' between the two websites.

Just to add, this is the same channel that claims on-air that they 'operate on tiny margins'........

Oh no, they do not operate on "tiny" margins. I have regularly bought items that have had price drops of 30 to 40 per cent from usual showing prices (not even launch, which is usually more). Never once did a presenter day "this is below cost" or "we are not making a profit on this". Remember, they are on record as saying that in recent years they made a bigger profit although they did not make as many sales. I, personally, believe about 50 per cent of the price is their mark-up - if not more. They are still banging out an AAA tanzanite ring that I bought and asking (depending on show and the price of pork scratchings) £150 or £200 more than I paid (about 50 per cent more). Once the presenter even gushed "lowest ever price!" Not according to my invoice honey!

Oh no, they do not operate on "tiny" margins. I have regularly bought items that have had price drops of 30 to 40 per cent from usual showing prices (not even launch, which is usually more). Never once did a presenter day "this is below cost" or "we are not making a profit on this". Remember, they are on record as saying that in recent years they made a bigger profit although they did not make as many sales. I, personally, believe about 50 per cent of the price is their mark-up - if not more. They are still banging out an AAA tanzanite ring that I bought and asking (depending on show and the price of pork scratchings) £150 or £200 more than I paid (about 50 per cent more). Once the presenter even gushed "lowest ever price!" Not according to my invoice honey!
But the presenters are always shouting on their shows about how much they're going to look after us! Lynn Jinks wouldn't ever lie! Say it ain't so!

It's getting to the point now where it's quicker to try and spot a truth in a Gemporia show than it is to keep track of the multitude of fibs, ruses and outright lies.

😏

Caught a little bit of Lindsay’s show this afternoon when she was selling one of Charlie Barons shells which went to £19.99. Shouldn’t go below Fifty quid, Oh George, we’re in trouble etc etc. Don’t worry Linz! I bought it for that about 3 weeks ago, surely someone else’s head has rolled!!!

But the presenters are always shouting on their shows about how much they're going to look after us! Lynn Jinks wouldn't ever lie! Say it ain't so!

It's getting to the point now where it's quicker to try and spot a truth in a Gemporia show than it is to keep track of the multitude of fibs, ruses and outright lies.

😏
... and if you listen to the promos and adverts between presentations, it is all about ethics and trust ... 🙄

... and if you listen to the promos and adverts between presentations, it is all about ethics and trust ... 🙄
At least we can rely on Ellis with her 'Game of Trust' ;-)

Caught a little bit of Lindsay’s show this afternoon when she was selling one of Charlie Barons shells which went to £19.99. Shouldn’t go below Fifty quid, Oh George, we’re in trouble etc etc. Don’t worry Linz! I bought it for that about 3 weeks ago, surely someone else’s head has rolled!!!

That shell was originally sold for £60 a couple of years ago - since then, it's sold at at various prices between £60 and £10.

If customers can see that they're selling items for £10, that they've previously sold for £60, that alone shows that they can't be trusted when they say they operate on 'tiny margins'.

Last edited:
The other thing is you do not want to be buying from a company that has "tiny margins" or even worse the old classic "we are losing money here"

On occasions the first one will be true and even rarer so will the second statement, however, overuse should diminish trust because no company can survive on "tiny margins" for a sustained period

At least we can rely on Ellis with her 'Game of Trust' ;-)

That shell was originally sold for £60 a couple of years ago - since then, it's sold at at various prices between £60 and £10.

If customers can see that they're selling items for £10, that they've previously sold for £60, that alone shows that they can't be trusted when they say they operate on 'tiny margins'.
Haha Ellis and her Game of Trust! Seems like such an old fashioned gimmick now.

Look at the Gemstone Daily Deals on the Gem Collector's website! You can save 9600% on the Ceylon White Sapphire (from £28,800.00 to £9.99) and 6900% on the Lamproite (from £1,299.00 to £3.99)! 😂🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 44
Look at the Gemstone Daily Deals on the Gem Collector's website! You can save 9600% on the Ceylon White Sapphire (from £28,800.00 to £9.99) and 6900% on the Lamproite (from £1,299.00 to £3.99)! 😂🤣
How odd. They're showing prices that are a bit more sane for me.

Screen Shot 03-25-23 at 12.20 AM.JPG
Screen Shot 03-25-23 at 12.21 AM.JPG

Have you seen some of the glitches that appear on some other nights? Save -69% (Was £3.99 - but £12.99 on the 'daily deal')

I change currency from GBP to EUR and I have 96% on the Ceylon White Sapphire and 69% on the Lamproite. But when I switch back to GBP, I have these strange prices again. I also have glitches when I change currency to USD, AUD and NZD.

Have you seen some of the glitches that appear on some other nights? Save -69% (Was £3.99 - but £12.99 on the 'daily deal')
No, I haven't seen that.

Latest posts

Back