Stones falling out of jewellery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply and for all the very useful advice

Rosielinks, it's funny you mentioned the claw settings being too short as my mum told her colleague in work what had happened and the colleague said her friend had a bracelet from QVC that the stones kept falling out of. She took it to her local jeweller several times to be fixed and he said that this was a frequent problem with QVC jewellery and he saw a lot of it - inadequate claw settings.

What a shame so many of you have had the same problem.

I have a black pearl necklace from QVC which I love and some other cheaper pieces from Southwestern Silver and one Lola Rose bracelet (I'm with those who have a love/hate relationship with it!) but I doubt I'll be ordering much jewellery again.

I'll let you know how I get on - thanks again!

I had a lovely pearl charm bracelet from QVC and the pearls kept falling off, same thing happened to the replacement they sent me after a couple of months and they offered me replacement or refund, even though with the replacement I didn't have the pearls that fell off. Anyone with problems with a QVC product, DON'T ACCEPT WHAT YOU ARE TOLD BY THE FIRST CS PERSON YOU SPEAK TO UNLESS YOU ARE HAPPY WITH WHAT THEY SAY. In my experience if you ask for a manager you get a better response, and failing that-ask to speak to the Chief Exec. I cannot believe that they would expect you to have sucn an expensive item repaired at your own cost, so shortly after the year ran out and with so little use-it's a disgusting way to treat a customer imo.

Stand firm-demand a replacement or refund or ask them to pay for your repair costs and quality check so your mum is happy to wear it. State it was a considered purchase and the quality experienced is no way commenserate with the price range. It is simply unfit for purpose.

Since my mammoth fight with QVC re a shoddy IQON computer some years ago, which took months of being run-around, with them threatening me with debt collectors because I refused to pay the 3rd and 4th payments for a useless piece of tat, I suffer no fools at QVC towers anymore. I got a full apology and refund from QVC over the pc and the exec phoned me at home to state the customer service I had recieved was totally against their expectations. Since then a further complaint re being messed about over a decleor hydra floral bargain buy, resulted in me being sent a full size jar and tube free as compensation: They only jump if you make enough fuss tho-it shouldn't be like that, but if that's the only way to get satisfaction then you have to play it their way and give them earache!

Latest posts

Back