Stop gabbling and speak more slowly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
I've noticed some presenters and guests rushing through their words as if there's no tomorrow. One hour it was Debbie Flint and the next it was that IT guest, Abby someone-or-other. I think they're struggling to get everything said that the gallery's telling them to but I really struggle to catch the words of some of them. Okay, maybe it's an age thing but I'm a customer after all. Slow down! No prizes for finishing first!

I don't get it either. Far too fast and furious. I find DF almost impossible to listen to because she doesn't draw breath until she's virtually gasping so her prattle is a stream of randomness strung together with no phrasing where a normal breath should be taken. It really bugs me. I suppose we should point out that good old Charlie bucks the trend. There's no hurrying him!

I rarely watch the IT shows but I did briefly see an "expert" who may be the famous Abby and I simply did not follow a word she was saying. Ditto Caroline from Liz Earle. As for DF, I saw the end of a show she was on the other day and she signed off with a reminder that another new book is about to launch in the next couple of days. Unbelievable.

DF needs to go back to the Bid Up channels, I'll be happier with her there (especially as they've gone lol)

Latest posts

Back