Stop the belts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Betsy

Registered Shopper
Why are the models adding belts on shirts & dresses when the customer wants to see the flow & length of these items? I choose not to buy when this happens because of possible returns. Surely the BA would want to show the outfits in their natural design or maybe it's the models who request to adapt the clothing for their figures. Either way the customer should come first.

Why are the models adding belts on shirts & dresses when the customer wants to see the flow & length of these items? I choose not to buy when this happens because of possible returns. Surely the BA would want to show the outfits in their natural design or maybe it's the models who request to adapt the clothing for their figures. Either way the customer should come first.
I don't like it when they tie the front of cardigans into a knot. Also, when a dress is being modeled, why do the stylists add a jacket that hides the top of the dress?

I don't like it when they tie the front of cardigans into a knot. Also, when a dress is being modeled, why do the stylists add a jacket that hides the top of the dress?
Yes I hate seeing the models wearing a jacket over a dress. There is a dress I was interested in, and the video has the model all the way through it with the jacket on. Grrrrr''.........Didn't buy anyway.

Very silly of them because if I'm looking at a dress, that's what I'm buying, not a jacket I don't need. And if it needs a jacket to enhance it, it's not worth having. As for hair - pin it up!* I want to see how the top part of the garment sits and not be distracted by swishing hair (which I don't have and don't want so it won't look like that on me).

*I'm assuming it's in good condition, that is. I hate seeing any type of hair, never mind straggly or wispy hair, cascading out over everything or in any way obscuring product details. Get a good trim first, then pin it up if you're modelling anything with a top. A triangle of long hair just doesn't sell anything and doesn't flatter most people.

Belts cut me in half and I look like a sack of spuds with belt 🥴
I’m not massive but a bit chesty and it’s not flattering whatsoever and I won’t fool myself lol

Another one is the ten ton MW necklaces they throw over the dresses or tops. How on earth can you decide what something looks like on when a neckline is eclipsed by enormous chunks of resin , or what looks like a builder's plumb bulb hanging down in the middle, and of course that bizarre necklace that comprises of two giant metal rings suspended on a leather string?! I hate "statement" jewellery at the best of times though I appreciate that there's a market for it, but to have it detract from the item they're actually trying to sell is beyond ridiculous!

Another one is the ten ton MW necklaces they throw over the dresses or tops. How on earth can you decide what something looks like on when a neckline is eclipsed by enormous chunks of resin , or what looks like a builder's plumb bulb hanging down in the middle, and of course that bizarre necklace that comprises of two giant metal rings suspended on a leather string?! I hate "statement" jewellery at the best of times though I appreciate that there's a market for it, but to have it detract from the item they're actually trying to sell is beyond ridiculous!
Look at the necklace not the shape beneath. Distracting technique

......and the necklace that looks like a hard boiled egg on a bit of string!!

In agreement with everyone about the unnecessary belts. Add to that tops being tucked in when seeing the true length of an item is lacking. I also have a personal ‘sleeve-peeve’…stop pushing the damned things up and let us see how long they are! (Am I the only person who favours a long sleeve?!). Add to that collars constantly being ‘popped’. Ruth L‘s the worst for combining these annoyances. Her ‘uniform’ of popped collars, pushed up sleeves on cropped jackets partnered with jeans and a heeled boot all feels very dated and stuck in the 80s 🫣

This thread "Stop the belts" and the other one "It looks like it's stretched" are the main reasons for the failure of lots of electronic equipment, such as cassette players, DVD players, CD players, record players, etc.

They all rely on thin rubber belts, which invariably either break, or stretch.

Both threads happened to be listed next to each other on my list of unread posts, so that was the first thing I thought they were about.

I always think they are hiding something.Some of the dresses are very full like old style maternity wear. Adding a belt makes the look more fitted. I avoid them.
Yes I agree, these very full Little House on the Prarie frocks don't even look good on the slender gals, and only make the 18 plus girls look like galleons in full sail. I've also seen a trend where slebs and tv presenters (I'm thinking the annoying loudmouth on Bake Off the Professionsals , Ellie something) wear voluminous frocks that are so short they are barely knee length, noooo not flattering.

Latest posts

Back