Suggestions for Health and Beauty

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do LOVE Rapport - was it really that inexpensive then? I remember saving up for it.......

As for the Elizabeth Grant Body Creme around the eyes - I use it there but i DO have skin like an old boot....

I do LOVE Rapport - was it really that inexpensive then? I remember saving up for it.......

As for the Elizabeth Grant Body Creme around the eyes - I use it there but i DO have skin like an old boot....

Indeed, there's nothing wrong with Rapport for what it is Peter but yes, it was definitely that inexpensive.

In all honestly it isn't a £20 or even a £15 fragrance, it certainly wasn't then and it still isn't now. And neither is Mandate, your colleague Peter Simon claimed he paid £35 for 30ml which is utterly ludicrous and an insult to our intelligence, especially as they don't even market it in a 30ml size.

They are OK, discount fragrances but let's call a spade a spade. They are what they are, i'd say they're worth a tenner maximum if part of a giftset.

Thanks for replying.

Last edited:
Firstly, I think Christin lars should move into selling an eau de parfum, it's already a global brand established over 50 years, sold in over 40 countries(according to your colleague Peter Simon) and should move into perfumery now that it has conquered painting, sculptures, horology etc Christin Lars should follow in Armani's footsteps.

Secondly, If you could sell fragrances as cheap and as high quality as Lidl do you won't go far wrong. Peter - Have you looked at Lidl's madame glamour suddenly eau de parfum 50ml which sells for £4 and smells better than Chanel coco Mademoiselle- see what the Express thinks of it.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...Lidl-s-4-scent

Also Lidl sell X-Bolt Gbellini eau de toilette 50ml for £4 and it is exactly like Hugo Boss Bottled. It is an excellent fragrance.

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/artic...-the-test.html

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifesty...-label-1365325

If you cut out your exorbitant p&p and call charges maybe we would risk buying your unknown fragrances. Even your branded stuff can always be bought cheaper on cheapsmells or frangrances direct.

Also Peter you still haven't answered my questions? X-Bolt Gbellini is on sale this Thursday at Lidl for only £2.99 for 50ml, I bet it would beat most of the fragrances you sell on quality and certainly smashes your price. Lidl are also doing suddenly madame glamour edp and a gift set(bodylotion/shower gel) 2 for £7. Peter- try both these fragrances and give your honest opinion.

Last edited:
Dear Peter S & all Bid reviewers,
I just googled "Fleur De Cristal 100m EDP" by Lalique & found it on Amazon for a truly amazing £30 + £4.20 p&p!! In Selfridges & Ebay it sells for £95 for exactly the same large EDP bottle! I know as I've been after a bottle as it's my true uplifting angelic scent of Heaven! I treat myself to a bottle each Christmas & have done for a couple of years but wait until I see a bargain price for it. If any of you love Liz Earle's original face toner smell you'll love this I'm sure. It's described as "crisp white petals unfolding in the sun" & that's exactly how it smells & it lasts for hours too as a professionally made parfum derived from natural oils should. Alas many don't these days. Amazon have got some other amazing parfum prices for Lalique too like their Amethyst, Perles & other fragrances from Lalique. I love all the ones I've tried but Fleur De Cristal is my ultimate fav. They only had 1 left at £30 but had others for a couple of £'s more only,which is still amazing! Be quick if you want it peeps! :happy: They had gents fragrances too at a fraction of the retail price. Just make sure if you buy it that it's from a UK retailer to avoid customs & handing charges that can bump the price up a bit.

See Peter, we do admire you for asking our opinion:happy: My thoughts are that if a small shop can do it so can Bid surely? Bid could do a p&p special at say a fiver incl the call to order for such fragrances & this prefume or any from the lalique range at the prices other internet stores sell it for would sell itself & I'm sure you would get repeat orders. Bid has every chance of competing and getting lots of delighted buyers into the bargain! This perfume house is a genuine "top end brand", hence you only see it in the best department stores in the UK. I'd love to see Bid back to the good old days when we were happy when our items arrived safe in the knowlege that we'd got a great deal. Come on Peter, please, we have faith in you! I posted about this perfume on the cheapsmells price I got for it last year & when I checked to make my order they had sold out of Fleur and a couple of the others too in the EDP larger sizes. This forum, thanks to it's creator & users has a massive impact as I'm sure you are fully aware. Jokes & current downhearted opinions about Bid aside I think you can do it! x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back