molly
Gloria
rob
bess
polly
brenda
dave
trevor

I'm sure I read somewhere that animals respond better to names ending in "ee". Alfie learnt his name really quickly but Harvey took ages.

I think there maybe something in that. I named Jasper after a lovely little Jack Russell terrier, which I was allowed to keep out of of litter my first husband had bred. A few months later I came home from work and the b@stard had sold him to one of his friends. Anyway, I don't know if it was because Jasper was about 6 months old when we got him, but it was 2/3 years before he reacted to the name. Millie new hers almost immediately.

My cats were Dusty (white with tiny black patch on head), Cinder (all black), Sniffer ('cause he did), Brindle (she was), Chel-C (fit inside a 'Chelsea' teacup) and Teas-L (teasel-like stickyouty white whiskers on a black face). Can/Ams mostly name their animals that way and then I found that in GB, ProperNames are given them (like you could claim them on TaxForms). I like Jennifur and FurElise (Beethoven's song), Prrrcy, Apricat. But then I am quirky. x Snarly Did name two teddy bears, Basil and Sybil Saw a name the other day - SirPoopsALot :heart:

Last edited:
Barkly, are you asking if I would like a kitten now? Not a kitten, maybe an older Maine Coon. Maine Coons don't mature 'til 3 or 4 years of age (their ruff). It's been 2 years since Tiddles passed. With this Forum, I can be Aunty to quite-a-lot-of-BooBears! :heart:

Last edited:
Barkly, are you asking if I would like a kitten now? Not a kitten, maybe an older Maine Coon. Maine Coons don't mature 'til 3 or 4 years of age (their ruff). It's been 2 years since Tiddles passed. With this Forum, I can be Aunty to quite-a-lot-of-BooBears! :heart:
Yeah Snarly, just read my post and even i didn;t understand it. Hopey has just climbed on my knee and says miaow is that auntie snarly, i like snarly things, (yes she just swiped my hand ) when i tried to brush her. You can share all the lovely animals down here :wave:

Latest posts

Back