Surprising Comment

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I roared with laughter the day her offered to pay for a face lift for her!

Regarding freebies:

I can accept a brand new product being given as a SMALL sample but after 20 plus years if they don’t know about the tried and tested products by now then a bucketful of the stuff won’t make any difference. A sample to try is a whole different ball game to getting enought to stock Boots. No doubt family and friends are supplied FOC as well and that really pisses me off.

Its the boasting and crowing that makes this type of thing unpalatable to the customer who has to spend their hard earned cash.

I roared with laughter the day her offered to pay for a face lift for her!

Regarding freebies:

I can accept a brand new product being given as a SMALL sample but after 20 plus years if they don’t know about the tried and tested products by now then a bucketful of the stuff won’t make any difference. A sample to try is a whole different ball game to getting enought to stock Boots. No doubt family and friends are supplied FOC as well and that really pisses me off.

Its the boasting and crowing that makes this type of thing unpalatable to the customer who has to spend their hard earned cash.

Exactly my thoughts. Many of the beauty brands and products have been around as long as the presenters, so they should know what brings them out in a rash and what works by now. At beauty counters we feel we've won the lottery when we get given a spoonful of free perfume, or a thumbful sachet of beauty cream. Its not free though is it, the brand no doubt offset the freebies by upping the price to the public.

I'll never forget Kathy Taylor one day telling us how she had spent the day with her daughter making fudge with the Calico Cottage kit she was given to try, then, on air someone said she had to bring it in to work for displaying on the food shows. Her face ! she was mortified and that her daughter had taken it to school to share with friends, and then a slip of the tongue "oh I thought I was given it". Huge Ooooops !

Beauty Insider Ali Will & Milly with the same said L’Ocitane gold pot again.
AY said it’s the moisturiser she’s using at the moment - strange then the pot wasn’t really empty from last week :unsure:

I’ve never heard AY (the resident beauty shop assistant) tell one ounce of truth since the day she started, oddly enough probably the same ounce of bull-sh!t that’s in that pot.

I have mentioned this before but this thread made me remember it again.

I caught a YouTuber doing a long bit about L'Occitane and how they made her remove her reviews of the Immortal face cream. She had mentioned in another blog how she used the bar soap on her daughter and suddenly L'Occitane sent her loads of free products to review and she was being paid for doing so. Now respect to her she actually researched the ingredients and scientific research showed the immortal flower was great at living up in the mountains in all weathers. But had no effect on human skin what so ever. So she did her review and said this. Next thing L'Occitane solicitors got in contact and she was told to remove her review! They also refused to pay her and she showed the contract from L'Occitane saying they would pay her nothing about if she gave a bad review or a good one. She fought them and won her payment. But had to remove her review but then did the second video explaining why the first review had been removed.:sneaky:

There is a video on Craig’s blog of him opening a TSV meat hamper. He said he doesn’t eat much meat and every item he unpacked he said which of his friends/neighbours he was going to give it to. I think he was only going to keep the sausages. If this was a sample sent to him, surely the idea was for him to try the food so he can comment on it? Also I remember when Ruth Langsford first joined QVC she was gushing about how lovely everyone was, and how the ‘Decleor lady’ had ran up to her and given her a gift box of products!

I remember writing this before a few years back. A lady I used to travel on the bus with and became friendly with said her granddaughter had left beauty college and looking for a job got a stint as cover for maternity leave at Estee Lauder. So two massive boxes arrived for the granddaughter which turned out to be ££££s worth of Estee Lauder makeup and skincare, pots of cream at over £200 each aimed at mature skin which of course no use to an early 20 something. She was not allowed to sell any of it as in her contract so ended up giving much of it around her family who fitted int the age group it was aimed at.

It's well known that the brands in department stores get allocations each month and can pick a certain amount of free products. If a new product is released they will get it free to try. Estee Lauder owns so many brands their staff can pick their freebies for any brand owned by them.

We have 2 EL counters in town, both of them seem to have a high turnover of staff, no-one stays for long.
I've often wondered why that is, considering the perks they get.

Latest posts

Back