Catherine Huntley!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’d like to make a prediction. I think that in the near future Del Boy will be running for councillor somewhere in Devon. There have been some hints! Heaven help us all! She is so full of herself, she knows it all! This sort of self obsessed confidence is both unattractive and alarming. Maybe she even has her eyes on the big move. Forget Sheepwash, Number 10 beckons!

NOOOOO.....as a maid living in Devon the very thought of that woman running for local council fills me with dread :mysmilie_51:

I think her daughter played Glastonbury this year. Though I'm not 100% as she never mentions it :mysmilie_17:

I never read any blogs but out of curiosity and in the name of research I had a look at CH.When she said follow her on Twit, Insta & the likes for a ‘daily dose’ presumably of what is going on in her life I thought hang on a minute—Who wants, is interested or has nothing better to do than read this? I am so obviously not from the ME,ME,ME generation I was a loved child but never ‘A Little Princess’ all achievements were treated low key but I don’t regret it.Now onto letting the world know I am boiling an egg for my breakfast.

Can you please post a photograph of that egg. Also can you please share if it was hard or soft boiled.
It will make my day!

I never read any blogs but out of curiosity and in the name of research I had a look at CH.When she said follow her on Twit, Insta & the likes for a ‘daily dose’ presumably of what is going on in her life I thought hang on a minute—Who wants, is interested or has nothing better to do than read this? I am so obviously not from the ME,ME,ME generation I was a loved child but never ‘A Little Princess’ all achievements were treated low key but I don’t regret it.Now onto letting the world know I am boiling an egg for my breakfast.

Me too Silver Fox, any good exam results or excelling at school sports, my Mum would say "well done love", but Dad was very muted in his praise as he was a big believer in not making us 'big headed', so boasting about self achievements was not big in our house; but I knew from Mum that he was bursting with pride but would never show it. Being 'modest' these days is a word that's consigned to the history books.

So with Welsh Steve we had everything Wales, visiting loving Wales, speaking Welsh, involvement with Clogau, the daffodil and the Welsh choirs.............................etc etc etc.

It seems we now have a vegan Scottish Jamie.......................

..............And boy are we beginning know it.

:mysmilie_486: :mysmilie_466:

Well if she comes out with any old rollocks about Scotland I will know if she's lying/exaggerating and will call her out on it. You know, if she says tartan cows aren't made of meat or something.

CC

Can vegans eat eggs ? I thought all animal produce was banned, such as eggs, cows milk, cheese & even honey ?

Well if she comes out with any old rollocks about Scotland I will know if she's lying/exaggerating and will call her out on it. You know, if she says tartan cows aren't made of meat or something.

CC

Heard her tell Michelle Mone during the show when it came out about Jamie the Scottish scientist, she likes Scotland

:mysmilie_458:

I can see Del Boy settling into a life of politics. She seems just the type to promise the earth but really be in it only for what she can get. Watch out for a new moat being built around her property!

I try not to eat meat/meat products every day but actively avoid fake leather shoes, belts and bags. They don't stay looking good but take an eternity to degrade in landfill. I have bags and belts (and some shoes) that I still wear from the 80's. The freebie belts that come with some clothes stretch and lose their "leather" coating in days. They become unwearable and end up in the bin.

I don't think many vegans look into that side of their lifestyle.

I notice a lot of vegans banging on about banning plastic but don't see how they can when unless they go barefoot. Plastic is plastic. It's extremely useful in many things and a LOT could be done to use only recyclable plastics.

But if one more fake leather-wearing 'fashion' vegan challenges me about my eating habits I'll be plastered all over the front pages for attempted murder.

CS is another one, she doesn’t give it a rest. All girly and posing. I think she perceives herself as some sexy temptress but in my opinion she comes over as ridiculous. All theatrical and just rather silly. Another unwatchable one.

Indeed. Bunch of eejits.

CC

Rollocks!!!!!!:mysmilie_15: Gran!

My barometer for presenter likeability:

1) Isn't glued to an iPad
2) Listens to, and doesn't interrupt, guests
3) Largely keeps to the products and away from family/friends/personal/celeb waffle
4) Provides relevant information in a timely manner
5) Doesn't preen endlessly in the monitor
6) Doesn't read out nauseating compliments about themselves rather than questions from customers
7) Dresses reasonably smartly for entering my home to sell me stuff
8) Does their homework on the products they are selling me

I feel that this should all be a given, yet so low has the bar dropped that these are now stand-out qualities from our would-be celebs of selly telly.

A brilliant list.

I'd like to add another one, if that's ok?

9. Doesn't order goods on their iPad while presenting.

Kathy Tayler is the worst one for this. I caught a few minutes of a show this morning and the guest (Evie) commented about her doing it while on air. Totally unprofessional in my opinion.

So with Welsh Steve we had everything Wales, visiting loving Wales, speaking Welsh, involvement with Clogau, the daffodil and the Welsh choirs.............................etc etc etc.

It seems we now have a vegan Scottish Jamie.......................

..............And boy are we beginning know it.

:mysmilie_486: :mysmilie_466:

It's as if she remakes herself in the image of whichever man currently occupies a major role in her life. Why not just be herself?

I can see Del Boy settling into a life of politics. She seems just the type to promise the earth but really be in it only for what she can get. Watch out for a new moat being built around her property!

I try not to eat meat/meat products every day but actively avoid fake leather shoes, belts and bags. They don't stay looking good but take an eternity to degrade in landfill. I have bags and belts (and some shoes) that I still wear from the 80's. The freebie belts that come with some clothes stretch and lose their "leather" coating in days. They become unwearable and end up in the bin.

I don't think many vegans look into that side of their lifestyle.

I notice a lot of vegans banging on about banning plastic but don't see how they can when unless they go barefoot. Plastic is plastic. It's extremely useful in many things and a LOT could be done to use only recyclable plastics.

But if one more fake leather-wearing 'fashion' vegan challenges me about my eating habits I'll be plastered all over the front pages for attempted murder.

I think if you are replacing leather with cloth such as canvas (like espadrilles, for example) that has to be less problematic until there are genuinely biodegradable "vegan leathers" with a similar wear performance to leather.

Some of the sales assistants went to the 50th birthday celebrations of a shop on the DHS - Butler & Wilson. It was like those articles where people are called stars because they were on X Factor or Big Brother a decade ago. The sycophants were in raptures.

Their biggest fear is that one day all this QVC celebrity will end and then they will have to face facts. No particular talents, just got lucky selling things on telly and when it ends no one will remember them or care.

Their biggest fear is that one day all this QVC celebrity will end and then they will have to face facts. No particular talents, just got lucky selling things on telly and when it ends no one will remember them or care.

Absolutely spot on Evie.

Latest posts

Back