As predicted.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We normally have a Christmas do although it’s been a few years since I attended but as that is not happening this year we have been offered a substitute and given a choice of 6 bottles of wine, meat, festive hamper or voucher for a meal. I’m winning this year as I could miss out by not attending the staff do.🍸

I was a customer from the beginning until a couple of months ago & remember Queen Julia occasionally making a 'joke' about an item of clothing mysteriously ending up her dressing room. However, there wasn't the smug attitude of "We're all on the Freebies Express" that now pervades QVC Towers.

What would be best would be for them to come on, introduce the product, discuss it with the guest who has the product knowledge and cut the, can I say, BS. They don’t need samples or to pretend to have made multiple purchases to do their job. They don’t need to mention samples or purchases. That would be professional.

Exactly. The higher-priced freebies they're getting are always presented by a guest. Why would they have any need for a freebie? They're in a studio and see the products up close. If they like them they should use their staff discount to buy them.

Even when they get a freebie they don't seem to make any relevant input to how it works or what it does that would be helpful to people who have to part with hard-earned cash to buy.

And don't get me started on Holly & Phil and their 'family' on This Morning. I've lost count of how many times they make a show about pretending to sneak an item off their table. They can DEFINITELY afford to buy their own. Greedy buggers!

It's not just the presenters who are 'gifted' items, I follow model Ali on social media and she is also 'gifted' makeup, hair products, skincare and I would not be surprised if the Dyson items she uses hadn't also been a gift. I work for the NHS, I get excited if we get gifted a packet of biscuits by a grateful patient 😊

I also find it staggering when so many other well known and well loved businesses are going to the wall, that they can continue spending money so uneccessarily - I suppose the more places that go under, the better it is for them. I'm still surprised they're not feeling some kind of pinch as people have less money to throw around - Maybe this is why tsvs are becoming increasingly less generous, P&P has become a joke, and things are put on advanced order from the gecko!

It's not just the presenters who are 'gifted' items, I follow model Ali on social media and she is also 'gifted' makeup, hair products, skincare and I would not be surprised if the Dyson items she uses hadn't also been a gift. I work for the NHS, I get excited if we get gifted a packet of biscuits by a grateful patient 😊
Ali was on one of the Dyson shows the other day. I can’t remember who the presenter was, but she was saying how Ali had bought the Dyson, tried it and sent it back. And then she changed her mind again and had re-ordered it.

It's not just the presenters who are 'gifted' items, I follow model Ali on social media and she is also 'gifted' makeup, hair products, skincare and I would not be surprised if the Dyson items she uses hadn't also been a gift. I work for the NHS, I get excited
Ali was on one of the Dyson shows the other day. I can’t remember who the presenter was, but she was saying how Ali had bought the Dyson, tried it and sent it back. And then she changed her mind again and had re-ordered it.
Pippa has also told that story about herself! Hmmm...sales talk?
Now that Ali is the ‘darling ‘ of Simon Wilson, I’m sure she doesn’t go short of Butler & Wilson tat either.

They must have a number of scripts they rehearse, chosen to nudge the reluctant into parting with their cash. So often the same story emerges from a different guest's or presenter's lips. I guess I'm just a cynic!

What drives me bananas is the list of potential recipients for items as gifts. Q seem to think we give presents to Uncle Tom Cobley and all. By the time I've paid Q's postage, that will have consumed the majority of my budget for most gifts... if they will even arrive in time, of course.

They must have a number of scripts they rehearse, chosen to nudge the reluctant into parting with their cash. So often the same story emerges from a different guest's or presenter's lips. I guess I'm just a cynic!

What drives me bananas is the list of potential recipients for items as gifts. Q seem to think we give presents to Uncle Tom Cobley and all. By the time I've paid Q's postage, that will have consumed the majority of my budget for most gifts... if they will even arrive in time, of course.
You and me both...Most people give to friends and family, might pop a few quid in an envelope for kid who delivers the paper and there's nothing wrong with having a few bits on standby just in case...but no we're not going to bestow gifts upon the butcher, the baker or the candlestick maker unless they're family!
Last night lovely June was on with Flinty and she was selling some kind of fur neckwrap that had a slot in which you could pass the other end of the wrap through so it stayed in place...DF started blathering on about how useful that slot would be for putting your specs in so you didn't lose them - That got me to the phones!!! June said something along the lines of "mmm you could do...I have mine on a chain"! This happens a lot when the presenter chips in with something that's patently obvious as though nobody else could have ever thought of it, or something so ridiculous that no one else would've possibly thought of it..and the BA smiles and nods! Sometimes it would be better if they just shut up!
Yesterday Julia was suggesting that one could split up a cheapo set of eek earrings and a necklace, not thinking that you'd have to get rid of the gift box cause it's clearly designed to hold more than one item, and that a single item would look even cheaper than the whole set...and boy, did it look cheap?!

Pippa has also told that story about herself! Hmmm...sales talk?
Now that Ali is the ‘darling ‘ of Simon Wilson, I’m sure she doesn’t go short of Butler & Wilson tat either.

I remember numerous occasions when JR would blatantly put her freebie order in on air ! and even Simon commented that she had been give so much 'stuff'. Yes, we have good memories.

I remember numerous occasions when JR would blatantly put her freebie order in on air ! and even Simon commented that she had been give so much 'stuff'. Yes, we have good memories.
It will never stop because that’s the way QVC is run. This is the company which for years has claimed returns are not sent out to customers. Remember when they claimed that earrings were sterilised if returned but I thought they didn’t send out returns so why were they sterilised? Neither claim was true. People on this forum have reported receiving stained, smelly clothing, Used earrings, bags etc. Anyway, we can at least be happy that Charlie has now shared with us that he was thrilled to have been sent a Cozee Home throw as a sample to try at home. When he returns it after his trial period what will they do with it?
What a collection of delightful people?

How much do you bet the presenters NEVER get returns on the items they do buy - I suppose since they buy little, rather than be handed a box in the studio, the % chances are small.

Latest posts

Back