As predicted.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn’t see that! That’s outrageous! Only on QVC would that be acceptable. And as for him total idiot. Can’t stand watching him, silly shirts, silly expressions, silly comments and don’t start me on his Christmas jumpers. The whole act is so embarrassing.

Yeah Evie my gob hit the floor, kept rewinding to check I’d heard properly and yep, I had. LuLu, and the guests, looked like they wished the ground would open up and swallow them.

I agree about those jumpers, my favourite is the self descriptive one he wore last year that said “North Pole” when he turned a certain way it looked like it said “Nipple”. Always said he was a tit, even his jumper agrees. 😂😂😂

It still puzzles me as to what genius mind thought that QVC presenters wearing a particular item of clothing, using a particular shower gel, cooking in a certain pan, sleeping on a particular mattress etc. the list could go on ad infinitum would make me want to buy? Particularly when it’s obvious they are freebies. Sorry, it just doesn’t make sense to me.
Going by all the sychophantic tweets and comments on social media and presenter blogs, it's obvious that there's a lot of "cranially challenged" people out there. Whilst they've got people who are daft enough to buy 100 sets of cozee home bedding and phone in and talk about it. They've got people who are daft enough to think "If it's good enough for Julia then it's good enough for me," and not worry that she hasn't had to pay a penny for it. They probably think she's earned it - it'll continue . It doesn't make sense to you or me, but they clearly recognise the stupidity, and dare I say vulnerability of many customers, and are exploiting it to the hilt.
They should stop the freebies as much as they should stop encouraging customers to share their unhealthy, often bizarre shopping habits - but they won't!

They ceased broadcasting for a few hours after 9/11 but by mid-evening, they were back on air with Alison Young fronting a nail varnish show.
If I remember correctly during the first Paris bombings they were very very very slow on the uptake rather they went into hard sell mode. In fact was it not only after customers gave them a hard time that they actually did anything. For once SM was useful as phones and QFB was overrun with complaints.

In America a QVC presenter is paid a yearly sum (according to their contract) roughly $60000 which equates to £45000 a year, not bad for about 12 hours a week. Also I wouldn’t call a Dyson hairdryer (£400) a Dyson fan (£500) a Kitchenaid (£400) etc samples.
Maybe this question is redundant, but how do we know about the 'freebies?' Do the presenters ever discuss it ? Are they bribes ? Most of the women presenters wear Gok's plaid jacket, for example. Did he give them the jackets and ask them to wear them, hoping doting shoppers would buy them ? Certainly, the presenters are doing themselves a disservice by telling people about the freebies.

Maybe this question is redundant, but how do we know about the 'freebies?' Do the presenters ever discuss it ? Are they bribes ? Most of the women presenters wear Gok's plaid jacket, for example. Did he give them the jackets and ask them to wear them, hoping doting shoppers would buy them ? Certainly, the presenters are doing themselves a disservice by telling people about the freebies.

They tell you every time they’re on that they were “given it to try” which is QVC speak for freebie. Good luck to them I don’t blame them, I certainly wouldn’t knock back an item worth £500 and freebies on a daily basis, it’s just their constant bragging that’s quiet crass, especially when customers pay excessive postage to fund it. Why not reduce the postage instead of giving presenters hundreds of pounds worth of free stuff, the reduced postage would benefit the customer, a presenter getting a £1000 tv for free, doesn’t. They’re not doing themselves a disservice because they know most people know how QVC work by now, their job is secure and the freebies just keep coming and people will keep on buying, in other words they don’t give a shine-a-light (rhyming slang). It’s just the fact that they love to rub peoples noses in it and the gloating etc..........it’s horrible.

They tell you every time they’re on that they were “given it to try” which is QVC speak for freebie. Good luck to them I don’t blame them, I certainly wouldn’t knock back an item worth £500 and freebies on a daily basis, it’s just their constant bragging that’s quiet crass, especially when customers pay excessive postage to fund it. Why not reduce the postage instead of giving presenters hundreds of pounds worth of free stuff, the reduced postage would benefit the customer, a presenter getting a £1000 tv for free, doesn’t. They’re not doing themselves a disservice because they know most people know how QVC work by now, their job is secure and the freebies just keep coming and people will keep on buying, in other words they don’t give a shine-a-light (rhyming slang). It’s just the fact that they love to rub peoples noses in it and the gloating etc..........it’s horrible.
I don't want to beat this to its death, but why do the presenters get the freebies ? What is the reason that, for example, they would get a Kitchen Aid or a mirror and pay nothing for them ? The well known phrase. 'search for the money' comes in here somewhere, but how and why? Do the QVC bosses know about it ? Are they in on it too ? Trying/testing make up or skin cream makes sense, but the big bucks items you don't have to try, do you ?? Something stinks in the State of QVC. I wish I knew exactly what.

Queen Julia's blog on 20th November was entitled 'I think you'll find that's mine' & there was a photo of her cat in the TSV Centigrade coat. This is the first sentence:

'We presenters are very fortunate in that we are sometimes supplied with samples in order to take our own photographs for blogs and social media'.

I can understand sales staff having to have knowledge of the products they sell, that's good customer service, it's the smug attitude of the Q's tat peddlers that's so awful. Judging by JR's comment Evie's thread has touched a very raw nerve.

None of it makes sense...what part of trying skincare on somebody else's face is gonna help me? It only helps I guess that the presenters themselves might repeat purchase an item, like skincare that will run out, but that's not a big enough section of potential customers to actually make a difference to their sales. A permanent fixture like a television set is utterly non sensical and only underlines their hope that the die hards will feel the need to emulate their heroes and buy the stuff! Yes it stinks - as does Tova Signature!

Queen Julia's blog on 20th November was entitled 'I think you'll find that's mine' & there was a photo of her cat in the TSV Centigrade coat. This is the first sentence:

'We presenters are very fortunate in that we are sometimes supplied with samples in order to take our own photographs for blogs and social media'.

I can understand sales staff having to have knowledge of the products they sell, that's good customer service, it's the smug attitude of the Q's tat peddlers that's so awful. Judging by JR's comment Evie's thread has touched a very raw nerve.
Guess at least she's tried to make an effort! and if she's not been instructed to try and justify her freebies one could say that at least she's got a conscience. We'll never know. The cat looks great in the coat!

Guess at least she's tried to make an effort! and if she's not been instructed to try and justify her freebies one could say that at least she's got a conscience. We'll never know. The cat looks great in the coat!
Merry your words - '...make an effort' & '..at least she's got a conscience' show that you're a much nicer person than me.

Okay, we all need to clean our glasses and wipe our eyes. The QVC presenters are now the same as Influencers no difference from the ones who have social media pages and get given things by the companies to tell their followers how fabulous a product or item is. Then the followers will buy. As the presenters are on the air with the said product they do not have to provide links to buy elsewhere. The online ones get paid for every person who buys through the links. We are talking Mulberry, Hermes etc handbags and yes people will buy if they see X, Y or Z celeb walking around with one.

For years now QVC has pushed themselves as a family and we are all part of that family. So, of course, the Stans will want to buy as they trust the company and presenters.

Look at the Oscars each year the nominates all get goodie bags, with cars, Harry Winston diamonds etc which they show off making it great publicity for the companies. Now it is a well-known secret that many of the celebs sell on what they are given. They do not give them away to their staff or friends no they sell and get the money.

Then I added this comment - - - - -

Hi, Woody's dad here. I still have the Korg MS20, the Juno 6 and the Boss DR55. They are all in perfect physical condition, but I am afraid to switch them on in case the capacitors have blown.

The only time the MS20 was gigged was when we both went to a big-band workshop over a long weekend, Woody on the MS20 and I was playing drums at the time. I dabble a lot with different instruments, so never became an expert in anything.

We also had a proper acoustic piano (Bentley) which I bought when Woody needed a full size keyboard for his music lessons and exams.

He also played drums, and probably my guitar as well, but he never mentions that he also became a good saxophone player, but he later sold this. I have a recording of him playing it in a jazz band, including a sax solo.

His sister had the same opportunities with music, including piano lessons, but she wasn't really interested, and we never forced her (nor Woody for that matter).

(Donna’s quote)
For years now QVC has pushed themselves as a family and we are all part of that family

If I’m part of the “family” I want my share of the freebies! Isn’t that what families do? Or is Q’s family just a group of smug money grabbing gits?

Cartoon King Arthur 128842149_152088005.jpg

Latest posts

Back