As predicted.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My son keeps getting expensive keyboards LOANED to him (all about £2000) to review on his YouTube channel, as he has 52,000 followers. But he always returns them, they've never said he could keep one.

All his videos show him playing music except this one, which is about me for the first few minutes!

My son keeps getting expensive keyboards LOANED to him (all about £2000) to review on his YouTube channel, as he has 52,000 followers. But he always returns them, they've never said he could keep one.

All his videos show him playing music except this one, which is about me for the first few minutes!

I love his enthusiasm, what a talented man you must be very proud.

I remember when the Paris bombings happened a few years back on November 13th 2015, it was the LuLu Time Bomb TSV and they still went ahead. Simon “lots in store” Dairylee had the paper in front of him and in his usual cheesy way, after speaking to LuLu, screams “oh yes! there are bombs going off all over the place!” *big cheesy grin* He’d be forgiven for not knowing only it was those morning shows when, like lemmings, there were about seven sitting squashed on the sofa, and he had the paper on his lap, plus it’d been on the news all morning. Did anything happen to him? was he reprimanded? was he suspended? Absolutely not

I remember during the first lockdown when the pandemic was raging and hundreds were dying every day, not to mention so many people were losing their mental health, and so many people were losing their jobs and being plunged into poverty ickle Clair suggested that we should purchase an EEK ring as a memento and even suggested we could call it our 'lockdown ring'

I remember during the first lockdown when the pandemic was raging and hundreds were dying every day, not to mention so many people were losing their mental health, and so many people were losing their jobs and being plunged into poverty ickle Clair suggested that we should purchase an EEK ring as a memento and even suggested we could call it our 'lockdown ring'

There are no levels they’ll sink to to grab that sale.

Queen Julia's blog on 20th November was entitled 'I think you'll find that's mine' & there was a photo of her cat in the TSV Centigrade coat. This is the first sentence:

'We presenters are very fortunate in that we are sometimes supplied with samples in order to take our own photographs for blogs and social media'.

I can understand sales staff having to have knowledge of the products they sell, that's good customer service, it's the smug attitude of the Q's tat peddlers that's so awful. Judging by JR's comment Evie's thread has touched a very raw nerve.

The very fact that JR made that statement, shows that something has been said behind the scenes, and isn't it telling that we've been discussing it on here and then JR issues a justification shortly after ?

On Flinty's blog I asked the question about all the freebies she and other presenters get when people in retail and the like are losing their jobs handover fist. I knew it would never be published, but I like to think that my comments were passed on.

They've always done the marketing ploy of "I must order this in the break", or "I really need the size 6 before they sell out", and "I ordered mine before we came on air". FFS who are they kidding ? They all see the products beforehand to do their homework, so have all the time in the world to buy whatever. They don't charge into work 5 minutes before they're due on air, so all this kiddology is pathetic.

Yes she did and said she BOUGHT a Centigrade jacket/coat every year......so she’ll have 2 this year owing to her ‘sample’ gift. I appreciate what others here are saying about ‘freebies’ being commonplace but personally I think it’s unethical in this day and age of poverty and suffering due to COVID-19. People are jobless and these presenters are lucky to have held onto theirs AND think it’s appropriate to boast about taking ‘extras’ on top of their substantial salaries. No doubt the freebies are tax free too...sorry I’m so annoyed about their greed and thoughtlessness during this dreadful time for many of us.

I think its the vendors that give out the freebies not QVC. Cost the vendors pennies cost us.......

I think it’s more QVC boffy, these freebies would be classed as “tools of the trade” given by the employer.

Let’s not forget that this is the woman who thought that shapewear would help those who had lost their entire life’s possessions in the floods.

Oh yes I remember it well.

I briefly had DF on in the background whilst making a birthday card for my granddaughter. I wasn’t listening very carefully but I became aware of her wittering on about getting herself another shade of I think it was a lipstick and the guest replied something along the lines of finding one for her. I couldn’t stand anymore, glue gun down, tv off. They really are incorrigible. I think DF is aware of views expressed here and she is deliberately goading. In a recent vlog she pointed out her new Ninja sample, her words, which had replaced her old one now sitting on top of her kitchen cabinet.

Thing is, whilst we know there are 'perks of the job', and freebies and discounts etc etc , there ARE jobs where you just dont get perks etc. What do office cleaners get ? what does a zoo keeper get ? I was an estate agent for many years but I didn't get a freebie roof over my head, or a bungalow to try out indefinitely, despite selling many properties to happy clients over 20 odd years !!!

I've had a few work freebies..but apart from our annual bonus (which is now a thing of the past) they've all been xmas gifts. One of my first jobs was in a department store and we were all given a bottle of whisky by our manager (regardless of our age) I was under 18, my office jobs including the Civil service - sod all, and I worked part time evenings in an off licence for a while and all managers got a xmas turkey whether they liked it or not and other staff were told to help themselves to a bottle of wine or spirit (within reason of course) - Better than nothing!

They will find a way round this, these presenters aren’t going to give up on these lucrative benefits. They will start paying a few pounds as a token payment to allow them to say that they had bought something. Certain types of people can be extremely crafty. If that’s the type of person they are then so be it. As long as HMRC is happy with this and it is an acceptable practice it will continue. However, it does not sit comfortably with me particularly in these really difficult times and they have lost my custom. They won’t care but my principles remain intact.

I know the beauty companies in department stores have a list for staff to pick items for free each month. So say you work for Estee Lauder you can pick from any brand they own as long as it is on the list.

The staff in SpaceNK used to get free products from new brands or products released. Then it was stopped as staff were caught selling on eBay, they got stacked as a warning to the rest of the staff about selling on freebies.

Craig was just on with Gill Gauntlet getting so excited about a set of 3 belts. So excited in fact that he was waiting for the break to place his order. Craig, if you are reading this can I ask you to give it a rest. Julia has also just told us that they all do an awful lot of shopping with QVC. Presenters we all know what you are doing in response to what has been said on this forum. All of a sudden they are ordering/buying. They are making it worse by assuming we are fools. We are not.

Craig was just on with Gill Gauntlet getting so excited about a set of 3 belts. So excited in fact that he was waiting for the break to place his order. Craig, if you are reading this can I ask you to give it a rest. Julia has also just told us that they all do an awful lot of shopping with QVC. Presenters we all know what you are doing in response to what has been said on this forum. All of a sudden they are ordering/buying. They are making it worse by assuming we are fools. We are not.
I don't know what would be worse really - this, or them coming on and saying "I've been given a free dyson hairdryer and it's great, only £400 to you lot...suck it up losers!" I guess the latter would be honest eh?!

We'd get pens, pads and mugs given out by the drug companies in our clinic but we wouldn't dare touch them until the doctors had taken what they 'needed' first.

The reps would already have offered them freebie golf weekends or a week at a nice resort...

I don't know what would be worse really - this, or them coming on and saying "I've been given a free dyson hairdryer and it's great, only £400 to you lot...suck it up losers!" I guess the latter would be honest eh?!

What would be best would be for them to come on, introduce the product, discuss it with the guest who has the product knowledge and cut the, can I say, BS. They don’t need samples or to pretend to have made multiple purchases to do their job. They don’t need to mention samples or purchases. That would be professional.

Latest posts

Back