the £130 perfume book...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
... by Micheal Edwards is now £45 in clearance. I know this is a hard to find annual publication but why on earth is it so expensive?

Funny you should post this WG but I had noticed it the last time I was in clearance and I seem to recall Julia talking about it only a week or so ago.

Because its a very niche thing, usually only manic fragrance lovers or perfume stores will buy. Also I believe he has it published privately, it takes a lot of work??? It is on his own website but you have to pay to join. To be honest I have no idea why QVC thought it was a good idea to stock it.

I buy Lucia Turin's usually which are much cheaper, no photos thought and the opinions of him and his wife only. Some I agree with others, no.

If anybody is looking for a lovely book to dip in and out of or as a coffee table book, then this one is lovely. It`s hardback, the pages are edged in gold, and each page is a little bit of fashion history. I got mine in the Black Friday sale for £5.99, its now back to its original price but if it rings your bell, then keep an eye open for it dropping in price again after Christmas. It`s £5.99 on The Book People website but unless your spend £25 you pay £2.99 p and p so its no cheaper.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1742708234/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Thanks Vienna! I've just ordered 2 for my daughters to top up their main present. Looks lovely!

Latest posts

Back