The All New Perimenopause Thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh the menopause - I am well passed it now (13 years ago it started) but, even now, a surge of hormones comes from somewhere and you get hit with sleeplessness, hot sweats etc. just to keep you on your toes. Enjoy!!!!!

Well after 6 months (possibly more) of being period free they've come back! I had a headache from hell (so bad I threw up) and said to hubby this is just like a pre period headache and then wham! There it was! I can't deny I'm happy, although I had convinced myself that was that and I was finished with it all. Now I'm not sure what to expect. The hot flushes had all but gone as had the palpitations and irritability. I really thought I had sailed through in a short time frame. Now what? Does it all start up again? I'm confused!

I use to do this PP, my doctor told me you could only be certain after two years without a period. I went year then had what turned out to be the final one.

Sympathy to everyone dealing with Shingles, had it in my thirties and it can take quite a while to feel really well again.

menopause.jpg
Hahaha how true !

Hi,

its weird, but I had no menopause symptoms at all.

I'm 48, but it was enforced by a full hysterectomy a couple of years ago.

No hot sweats, no nothing.

And if anything, my temper has improved greatly... :)

Cheers,
Karen

Hello fellow menopausees

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I started this ****** thing not so long ago and am managing to control most of the symptoms with natural aids (plus exercise) but the one thing Im stuck with is burning tongue syndrome. I know Im lucky that all the other usual things are OK (apart from a bit of disturbed sleep) but this is driving me mad. Tried all the usual things regarding avoiding spicey food, rocket etc but still its there.

Doctor said Im not deficient in any vitamins after a blood test but am still taking Vitamin B Complex as a precaution.

Any advice would be very welcome

Ta

Hello fellow menopausees

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I started this ****** thing not so long ago and am managing to control most of the symptoms with natural aids (plus exercise) but the one thing Im stuck with is burning tongue syndrome. I know Im lucky that all the other usual things are OK (apart from a bit of disturbed sleep) but this is driving me mad. Tried all the usual things regarding avoiding spicey food, rocket etc but still its there.

Doctor said Im not deficient in any vitamins after a blood test but am still taking Vitamin B Complex as a precaution.

Any advice would be very welcome

Ta
I've had this burning tongue for about 6 weeks. It's awful! Didn't realise it could be to do with the menopause.

I've had this burning tongue for about 6 weeks. It's awful! Didn't realise it could be to do with the menopause.

Oh yes, its terrible isnt it. My spell of Carpal Tunnel was also related to wonky hormones and I wouldnt have believed it. Like I said diet and Menopace herbal tablets have sorted virtually everything (for now) but I can only hope that in time it will sort this.

I dont know if youve tried anything yourself but I have spent £££££££ on various mouth treatments but would have to say save your cash cos nothing has worked.

Do you start pretty much OK in the morning and get worse as the day goes on? Apparently thats the way it normally goes.

:angry:
Could your burning tongue be due to iron deficiency ladies?

Not in my case as all the tests showed that all my vitamin levels were pretty much spot on, that was the first thing the Doctor said in addition to vitamin B shortage and possible thyroid problems but in my case not so.

I should be grateful really when I read what some people on here have gone through with it but Im ****** sick of it now:angry:

:angry:

Not in my case as all the tests showed that all my vitamin levels were pretty much spot on, that was the first thing the Doctor said in addition to vitamin B shortage and possible thyroid problems but in my case not so.

I should be grateful really when I read what some people on here have gone through with it but Im ****** sick of it now:angry:

Thyroid was my next question, but that is normally swollen rather than burning due to underactivity.

Best wishes, hope it stops quickly for you, must be awful.

Thyroid was my next question, but that is normally swollen rather than burning due to underactivity.

Best wishes, hope it stops quickly for you, must be awful.

Thanks Loveinamist

It was really good to hear that I was so fit and healthy in most respects so will just have to put up with it till it goes.

I've never heard of this before , sounds absolutely awful.

I just been looking at the problem online and saw this on one page "Did you know?" "Chewing sugar-free gum can be an easy remedy for burning tongue"

Might worth a try for temporary relief?

I've never heard of this before , sounds absolutely awful.

I just been looking at the problem online and saw this on one page "Did you know?" "Chewing sugar-free gum can be an easy remedy for burning tongue"

Might worth a try for temporary relief?

Ill give it a go, ta Frazzled

It's pretty much there all the time Yorko but does get worse throughout the day. Doctor gave me an antibiotic for it and took a tongue swab. Took blood tests but said they were OK. Last week she gave me Ranitidine tabs and told me to start the Lansoprazole again. I've got terrible acid, don't know if its connected to the burning tongue or not. The Doctor doesn't seem concerned about it nor has she suggested what it is. I'm going to have to go back.

It's pretty much there all the time Yorko but does get worse throughout the day. Doctor gave me an antibiotic for it and took a tongue swab. Took blood tests but said they were OK. Last week she gave me Ranitidine tabs and told me to start the Lansoprazole again. I've got terrible acid, don't know if its connected to the burning tongue or not. The Doctor doesn't seem concerned about it nor has she suggested what it is. I'm going to have to go back.

Having looked this up quite a bit I believe that it can be associated with acid reflux so could be that. Doctors are not very good at lateral thinking in my experience and tend to pick a cause and treat that first without really thinking about what else it could be until you go back and they pick another one to treat,I know thats the only way they can deal with it but they dont always think too deeply about it in the first instance.

Good luck and I hope you get sorted, me Im off to buy sugar free gum (I hate chewing gum, always have) :sad:

I have LPR due to acid and it has affected by voice box, similar to GORD but laryngio/pharyngio rather than gastro/oesophageal. I take Omeprazole and have voice therapy due to the acid burning my voice box. Fun times!

I have LPR due to acid and it has affected by voice box, similar to GORD but laryngio/pharyngio rather than gastro/oesophageal. I take Omeprazole and have voice therapy due to the acid burning my voice box. Fun times!

Loveinamist that sounds awful. How long have you had this? Any tips in controlling the acid? It's driving me mad.

Loveinamist that sounds awful. How long have you had this? Any tips in controlling the acid? It's driving me mad.

I had no symptoms of indigestion, reflux etc. just voice probs. Apparently 50% of people don't surprisingly. I am not in pain so it was a shock to see the camera screen in all its glory, I have to have vocal chord strengthening exercises and if I miss a pill or am late with one of the two a day I am prescribed my voice doesn't hold out. It is massively improved since on meds and I have suffered for years without knowing, compounded by thyroid probs which affect the voice as well delayed diagnosis. I couldn't stomach Gaviscon which was presc. in conjunction with pills. I don't have a spicy diet, I eat quite bland food and don't drink/smoke so I didn't fit the criteria for obv. cause but stress was/is the factor for me. I was told to up my water intake too.

Latest posts

Back