The Christmas Shop TSV 01/10/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really could do with a new tree, I've had mine for over 30 years but it's still OK despite a couple of broken branches. I'll see how much it is.

CC

Mark my words CC, knowing Q, it’ll be about 3 times as much as it’s actually worth. You’d be as well getting something from the likes of Argos IMO.
There speaks the voice of sense. My tree came from Grattan catalogue and it cost £50 back in the day which was massive. Not pre-lit. I say every year for the past 10 I'm going to replace it but then I don't have the heart. It would be like rehoming your 15 year old dog wouldn't it? I would never ever ever do that btw (unfortunately none of my dogs have got to 15 :cry:)

CC

Last year I bought a gorgeous pre lit tree you could have all different light patterns and colours. Boxed it up for the following year and it never worked again. Complained to Homebase and they were rude. No exchange or refund offered. Fumming! So I stripped the old lights off and put some old ones I had put away. Looked gorgeous. I put a basket skirt base to cover the tree legs. Cant wait to get it out again.

Of course I could but then it might sit on the doorstep for a few days! I have more junk than any sane person needs without buying overpriced tat from Q.
I agree, and tbh this time of the year is probably the worst time to be spending money on tat! When we're thinking about having to put the heating on as well as buying Christmas presents, perhaps getting the home ready for visitors, extra food to buy etc etc, so it pains me to say, those who start buying cheap junk for Christmas from Boxing day onwards have probably got the right idea! Of course there's always the notion that nobody needs to decorate their homes with plastic bits and bobs and flashing lights, but we just do, don't we?!
I have already started buying Christmas presents from the catalogue and have paid off what I've bought so far already, so very pleased about that, however, I still have a couple of larger, more pricey gifts to buy which I can put onto bnpl. I'd be happy to order them now and start paying immediately, the problem is with this sort of gift, if you find that the item is faulty on Christmas day then it's too late do anything about it. They do extend their refund period to cover this eventuality, however this doesn't kick in for at least another month. Frustratingly, the gift I'd chosen for OH is now sold out and has been removed from their website and after enquiry seems unlikely to come back into stock...grrr. So back to the drawing board. It is available to buy from other retailers but I'd have to pay outright, not only that if I don't buy it from them, or an item of similar value, then it puts the kybosh on being able to qualify for the bnpl on the other item. Like I said it was just too much of a risk ordering early just in case there was problems with it on the day. It's ok with small stuff and non electricals as you can spot faults immediately and get them rectified. So yes, I think I'll wait until the necessary Christmas purchases are done (and mostly paid for) before I even consider buying novelties - I probably won't anyway! Christmas is a pain in the a%$e!

I've always wondered how people who start in February work if it isnt suitable or doesn’t work, could be fine in Feb but sitting in a box since goodness knows come Dec it’s a dud, and the worst of all is that they go and buy it for themselves. I think you would need to only buy safe things not dependant on size or moving parts.

I have very little to buy but my main problem is thinking of something different after 50 years of presents!

Attachments

• Tree TSV 1.jpg
    Tree TSV 1.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Tree TSV 2.jpg
    Tree TSV 2.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 53
  • Tree TSV 3.jpg
    Tree TSV 3.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Tree TSV 4.jpg
    Tree TSV 4.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Tree TSV 5.jpg
    Tree TSV 5.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 48
For the price of one of these trees you could buy some presents, cook a Christmas meal for a family, buy some plonk and heat your home even taking the price over our over hiked fuel bills
Can't see how much they are but I'm guessing they'll be £200+. They Kelly Hoppen/JM ones they've got on the website start at £300. It's a tsv so I presume there'll be some kind of saving. QVC aren't interested in the normal person/family who want nice things but need their money to go far because of the reasons you've stated. They're only interested in those who have money to burn, or those don't have money to burn but will burn it anyway!

Not wanting to sound like Scrooge, I don’t bother with a tree or decorations nowadays because I’m not at home over Christmas. I let my son deal with those now although, as a family, we never went OTT and he’s followed suit.

As
Long as it’s not Alison cork .. such a snore fest … I’m so sorry to any fans but my eyes glaze over as soon as I see her name mentioned on tv line up 😆

Santa's Best 116 Function Pre-Lit Gumdrop Auburn Christmas Tree
Item Number: 818350
P&P £9.95

4ft QVC Price £240.00 Todays Special Value Price £198.00

4ft QVC Price £291.00 Todays Special Value Price £240.00

4ft QVC Price £363.00 Todays Special Value Price £300.00

4ft QVC Price £474.00 Todays Special Value Price £396.00

4ft QVC Price £606.00 Todays Special Value Price £498.00

Take pride in your festive display this year with this beautiful pre-lit Christmas tree from Santa's Best. Stunning in its traditional shape with incredibly lifelike, defined branches, this artificial tree boasts gumdrop lights with frosted caps for a delicate twinkle, complete with a remote for 116 lighting functions and 14 colour options. Easy to set up with an energy-efficient auto-timer function, this tree will make for a standout piece in your living room that shines through every special Christmas moment.
A magical centrepiece - this tree boasts 116 light functions, including Steady, Twinkling and (possibly our favourite) Fireworks. There's a wealth of colour options to choose from too, with everything from Warm White to Red/Cool White/Blue. Use the remote to flip between the settings on your tree and switch up the magic mid-season.
True to nature - from the lush leaves to the traditional bushy shape, this Christmas tree looks and feels lifelike. Santa's Best has used a mixture of techniques to create the most realistic-looking branches yet, keeping your tree as true to nature as possible. Even better, it's super easy to set up. Simply slot one piece into the next, and play some carols as you have fun hanging all your favourite decorations.
No-fuss design - with built-in EZ Power technology, this tree houses all its power in the centre of the pole, so there's no messy extension cords or wiring to contend with, and each piece lights up as you stack them. There's a clever On/Off foot pedal, so you don't have to bend down to switch your lights on and off. What's more, the auto-timer function (6 hours on, 18 hours off), ensures your tree is energy-efficient as well as beautiful.
Pick your tree - this Christmas tree comes in a choice of two styles; opt for Natural if you like a traditional evergreen look, or Snow Kissed for a dusted snowy look with delicate flocking at the tree tips. Plus, in a choice of five different heights, from four to eight feet, there's a tree to suit every room in every home.
Tree options (each size comes in a choice of Natural or Snow Kissed):
  • 4' tree: 180 gumdrop lights
  • 5' tree: 240 gumdrop lights
  • 6' tree: 360 gumdrop lights
  • 7' tree: 480 gumdrop lights
  • 8' tree: 600 gumdrop lights
What's in the box?
  • 1 x Christmas tree
  • 1 x metal tree stand
  • 1 x on/off foot pedal remote control with 11 lighting functions
  • 1 x timer (6 hours on, 18 hours off, with dimmer switch)
All measurements are approximate

Latest posts

Back