The departure of Lord Kean

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If Guy was let go straight after his shift, all the other presenters must be crapping themselves!

One last time from Guy: 0904 251 2000

I wish him well.

that's exactly what I thought and having watched a bit this evening I think it's true!

Guy was like a grand ol' music hall pantomime dame player, working the boards, before the theatre was shut down and turned into a bingo venue.

Good luck in the future Guy.

Last edited:
Guy was far far too honest, knowledgeable and ****** funny, made people want to watch, he spoke sense but with wit and humour, more talent in one hair on his testicle than the rest of Bid put together; why do you people think he 'relocated'............ Debbie will be next, she too is as honest as she can be, watchable, pleasant.......

On an unrelated note, what the hell is Lisa Brash's look!!!! Saw her for the first time ever when she was giving the Snake shite her 'seal of approval', hey Lisa, don't for god's sake say YOU use that stuff, that is going to stop even Doris and Lee from Ventnor buying any.

Guy, on the absolute rare chance that you read this; you were a shopping telly legend, along the lines of Hodgson, you are well out of it, you are too classy to be on this shill channel, you for me MADE Bid worth watching at 7.45am when I barely know which way 'up' is. You have standards, and you have class, humour and talent, you were never going to be allowed to shine on a channel where 'larrrrrrrrvely' and 'delicious' people are classed as prime time :) You will be missed xx

"I hope he has gone to a better place..... ideal world" Mr Tom!!!!!!!!

I can imagine Guy on there, " well, another Tefal Actifry pick of the day, didn't we have them at this price 2 weeks ago?...........Oh, apparently this is the best price we've had, (aside) Yeah, this week, anyway. Look I don't need to tell you how to use it do I, these are on more times than the company logo for christs sake..." :)

Guy was far far too honest, knowledgeable and ****** funny, made people want to watch, he spoke sense but with wit and humour, more talent in one hair on his testicle than the rest of Bid put together; why do you people think he 'relocated'............ Debbie will be next, she too is as honest as she can be, watchable, pleasant.......

On an unrelated note, what the hell is Lisa Brash's look!!!! Saw her for the first time ever when she was giving the Snake shite her 'seal of approval', hey Lisa, don't for god's sake say YOU use that stuff, that is going to stop even Doris and Lee from Ventnor buying any.

Guy, on the absolute rare chance that you read this; you were a shopping telly legend, along the lines of Hodgson, you are well out of it, you are too classy to be on this shill channel, you for me MADE Bid worth watching at 7.45am when I barely know which way 'up' is. You have standards, and you have class, humour and talent, you were never going to be allowed to shine on a channel where 'larrrrrrrrvely' and 'delicious' people are classed as prime time :) You will be missed xx

He wasn't nearly as bad a bullshitter as some but by the same token when selling a pathetic looking Indoor TV Aerial he scaremongered by saying that if your Satellite or Cable service goes off over christmas they won't get out to fix it until the new year and you won't be able to use your existing rooftop aerial for freeview. He quite rightly got a ticking off from the ASA for that and there were other issues too.

And his £10 Credit schpeel was (in my opinion) probably worse than anyone's, he actually used to make out an item costing less than £10 was free, he really did.

I classed him as a 'mid range' bullshitter. Nothing like as honest as Andy or Justin but nothing like as bad as Gollum, Neil, Dirty Peter, Split Ends and certainly Schlock. Nevertheless there are others there that would seem far more deserving of the chop than him and while I wish him well i'm not too sad, I very much doubt he had a high opinion of the viewers.

But he could be funny though :mysmilie_59:

I'm surprised that Guy got the chop. He seemed more willing to do the early slots than the other presenters at holiday time.

I think the producers have missed a trick here and they should have allowed him to be unleashed to say what he really thought about the stuff he was selling. If anything, it would have been more fun to watch. I bet he would be perfect at having a good bitch about life and everything. :wink:

Hi there! New girl here!! Love bid tv in a 'so bad it's good' way! Car crash telly at its best!! Never bought a thing from them, mainly because most of it it is a load of old tosh!! That DOTD lion throw! OMG!!! Sorry that Guy Kean has got the chop tho' he really made me laugh. His laidback delivery and his contempt for the tat he had to sell was great to watch....especially when he probably felt his rightful place was at the BAFTAs. Wish he would do an expose of BID!! Would love to hear what the presenters really think!!

Update from Guy:

"Just a quick note to thank everyone for the over a hundred and fifty messages of support I have received over the last 24 hours. Really gave me boost. Bid TV now behind me. Not going to waste one second of my life feeling angry about them. It seems clear to me and many others where the company is heading. Looking forward to various projects already on the horizon. Thanks once again....xx"

(I do think he should be a bit careful...he was freelance...I'm not sure other shopping channels will be willing to sign him up if he insults past employers on Facebook...0904 215 2000)

Update from Guy:

"Just a quick note to thank everyone for the over a hundred and fifty messages of support I have received over the last 24 hours. Really gave me boost. Bid TV now behind me. Not going to waste one second of my life feeling angry about them. It seems clear to me and many others where the company is heading. Looking forward to various projects already on the horizon. Thanks once again....xx"

(I do think he should be a bit careful...he was freelance...I'm not sure other shopping channels will be willing to sign him up if he insults past employers on Facebook...0904 215 2000)

Indeed, I understand he feels let down but from those comments he's coming across as a bit snarky which to be honest is how he sometimes came across on screen too.

It's maybe not the smartest move from a professional but it's his life :mysmilie_59:

Indeed, I understand he feels let down but from those comments he's coming across as a bit snarky which to be honest is how he sometimes came across on screen too.

It's maybe not the smartest move from a professional but it's his life :mysmilie_59:

to be fair to him... he hasn't said anything there that isn't true

to be fair to him... he hasn't said anything there that isn't true

Nor does he say why they got shut of him :mysmilie_59:

A dignified silence is usually best in these situations, certainly until some time has passed anyway but as I said it's his call.

I think Andy H dealt with it nicely, if he did indeed get the push.

Hi there! New girl here!! Love bid tv in a 'so bad it's good' way! Car crash telly at its best!! Never bought a thing from them, mainly because most of it it is a load of old tosh!! That DOTD lion throw! OMG!!! Sorry that Guy Kean has got the chop tho' he really made me laugh. His laidback delivery and his contempt for the tat he had to sell was great to watch....especially when he probably felt his rightful place was at the BAFTAs. Wish he would do an expose of BID!! Would love to hear what the presenters really think!!

Hi there, welcome to the forum! I only joined in January and everyone has been nice to me. I also love Bid Tv in the way you describe.

Nor does he say why they got shut of him :mysmilie_59:

A dignified silence is usually best in these situations, certainly until some time has passed anyway but as I said it's his call.

If he thinks that Bid/Price-drop are beyond redemption - and that opinion matches thoughts that are widely-held within the industry - then his remarks won't do him any personal harm. It's a gamble for sure but it's his to take.

If he thinks that Bid/Price-drop are beyond redemption - and that opinion matches thoughts that are widely-held within the industry - then his remarks won't do him any personal harm. It's a gamble for sure but it's his to take.

Indeed, it's his call.

He'll be fine, just licking his wounds. I remember once I went on holiday and when I got back home in the middle of the night I had a lovely letter waiting for me.

It was a goodbye letter!

Update from Guy:

Guy should count it as a blessing that he's now free of Sit-up. I reckon in a few weeks he'll be much happier with a fresh start somewhere else and who value him as a human being.

I think we all know where Sit-up is heading :grin:

I'm a strong believer that a "dignified silence" is better, future employers don't like hearing that kind of thing, it puts them off. ..especially when it's on social media. I remember a few years ago at work helping the personnel manageress look at c.v's as part of some training I was doing, there was a c.v from a young man that sounded amazing, however he'd cited as reason for leaving last job as "bad management". The c.v was immediately cast aside! On the other hand now he's given us a little snippet..c'mon Guy spill the beans, what do you really think...tell us about the shite you were selling, how you found it hard to hide the disdain, the dirty tricks, the meetings with management etc etc!!!!

Latest posts

Back