The end of QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

oh the stuff ive sent back.

there was the cooks essentials pan set - i drilled a hole in the casserole just to see what would happen and left scrambled egg in the omelette pan. well, its a bugger to get that out isnt it?
then there was the kelly hoppen throw - prezzie for my mum. her incontinent sheepdog loved it and lived on it for 3.5 weeks and then croaked. she couldnt bear to keep it (memories etc) that went back toot sweet!
erm... then there was the Basso faux fur, ended up covered in paint - long story! decided best to return. made a right mess of the post office counter.
The Emu's didnt suit my neice's athletes foot... although she certainly gave them a try. i think they went to Ibiza with her and alsorts. managed it just inside the 30 days though :happy:
and of course, the NN bedding. i wont bored you with the details but our long departed friend Klarion described it as neapolitan ice cream stains. i was almost embarassed as i wrapped them back up but wotever eh?

anyway just checked back on my account and my returns rate must be a good 95% and not a sniff of a letter!

you rock QVC! :heart:

oh the stuff ive sent back.

there was the cooks essentials pan set - i drilled a hole in the casserole just to see what would happen and left scrambled egg in the omelette pan. well, its a bugger to get that out isnt it?
then there was the kelly hoppen throw - prezzie for my mum. her incontinent sheepdog loved it and lived on it for 3.5 weeks and then croaked. she couldnt bear to keep it (memories etc) that went back toot sweet!
erm... then there was the Basso faux fur, ended up covered in paint - long story! decided best to return. made a right mess of the post office counter.
The Emu's didnt suit my neice's athletes foot... although she certainly gave them a try. i think they went to Ibiza with her and alsorts. managed it just inside the 30 days though :happy:
and of course, the NN bedding. i wont bored you with the details but our long departed friend Klarion described it as neapolitan ice cream stains. i was almost embarassed as i wrapped them back up but wotever eh?

anyway just checked back on my account and my returns rate must be a good 95% and not a sniff of a letter!

you rock QVC! :heart:

You'd have a hole in your pan? :taphead:

As for the rest: URGH :puke:

I feel sorry for whoever had to open THOSE parcels up.

I'm sure the letter has done you a favour. Their prices are exorbitant, plus the cost of returning rubbish, CS stinks, company policy stinks, they're only interested in new customers, they've got no interesting products, presenters are annoying, service is slow, charges are high - wow, there's probably more but I think that's enough to put me off! I've been a long term customer but I've decided I can't afford to throw money away anymore - there are better deals elsewhere on the 'net and on the high street. I think the sun is setting on their regime.

I'm sure the letter has done you a favour. Their prices are exorbitant, plus the cost of returning rubbish, CS stinks, company policy stinks, they're only interested in new customers, they've got no interesting products, presenters are annoying, service is slow, charges are high - wow, there's probably more but I think that's enough to put me off! I've been a long term customer but I've decided I can't afford to throw money away anymore - there are better deals elsewhere on the 'net and on the high street. I think the sun is setting on their regime.

All very good points but I am sure it'll be a long while before the sun sets on QVC. Someone will do something at some point if it really does start to lose business.

Last week I returned 4 items, emailing QVC before the 7 working days had elapsed telling them I would be returning them under DSR. Got email confirmations back from them stating I'd get a full refund (with original P&P returned) of the 4 items. Only 1 item was credited correctly. So I have to chase down the other 3 P&P credits. That's not very nice. Why make it difficult for me because in the meantime my hubby and I ordered 3 more things that we are definitely keeping. So they are still ahead even when they credit me my P&Ps.

I know that mail order, internet ordering and telly shopping count on people being lazy to not return items at all especially under DSR. But if a customer does, then the seller shouldn't make it so difficult to obtain an accurate refund. :sleepy:

I still think that the OP ought to call QVC up when feeling confidant, etc. and see what it is they have to say about the whole thing. It might not be so bad. I'd be curious as to what is on their mind.

When buying off the telly you've got to be able to send things back if they don't fit. All clothing retailers take unworn still tagged items back within a week or two without a murmur.

Obviously if something is damaged or otherwise not as expected you've got to be able to send those back too. Any retailer would expect you to return those. When they send you the wrong thing, or somone else's used return for example.

Likewise, if a product gives you an adverse reaction any retailer would take those back.

Then there's the distance selling regs. By law you are allowed to change your mind. If QVC say "oh it's in process now we can't cancel it " then any subsequent return is their fault.

Then there's the things that they said on air would suit everyone - and it didn't, or the clothing they gave the wrong measurements for - you shouldn't be penalised for that surely?

Maybe you didn't realise that QVC only sell the narrow Birkenstocks because they never mention it so I think they bear at least 50% of the responsibility for that kind of return where their refusal to give full information led you to make a purchasing mistake.

Then there's the times when you take the presenters at their word when they say

"Try it! If you don't love it send it back to us. You can do that with QVC. "

My returns are a mixture of shoddy products, damaged products, being sent the wrong item, products that gave me a reaction, clothes and shoes that didn't fit, and one or two things that I decided to use the 30 day money back guarantee to try.

The shoddy, the broken, the wrong items and the miss sold are all QVC's responsibility not mine.

The reaction causers and the things that didn't fit? Well that's retail. Surely they don't expect me to keep them?

The things I used the 30 day money back guarantee to try, that weren't returned in perfect condition?

Well they told me I could do that.

So I did.

How can that be wrong?

The returns that aren't QVC's own fault are a small proportion of my returns, and a tiny proportion of my orders.

I expect it's the same for you Northernlights

Give 'em hell! :rock:

Give 'em hell! :rock:[/QUOTE]

I haven't the energy...:call::mysmilie_365::mysmilie_365::mysmilie_496:

When buying off the telly you've got to be able to send things back if they don't fit. All clothing retailers take unworn still tagged items back within a week or two without a murmur.
Obviously if something is damaged or otherwise not as expected you've got to be able to send those back too. Any retailer would expect you to return those. When they send you the wrong thing, or somone else's used return for example.

Likewise, if a product gives you an adverse reaction any retailer would take those back.

Then there's the distance selling regs. By law you are allowed to change your mind. If QVC say "oh it's in process now we can't cancel it " then any subsequent return is their fault.

Then there's the things that they said on air would suit everyone - and it didn't, or the clothing they gave the wrong measurements for - you shouldn't be penalised for that surely?

Maybe you didn't realise that QVC only sell the narrow Birkenstocks because they never mention it so I think they bear at least 50% of the responsibility for that kind of return where their refusal to give full information led you to make a purchasing mistake.

Then there's the times when you take the presenters at their word when they say

"Try it! If you don't love it send it back to us. You can do that with QVC. "

My returns are a mixture of shoddy products, damaged products, being sent the wrong item, products that gave me a reaction, clothes and shoes that didn't fit, and one or two things that I decided to use the 30 day money back guarantee to try.

The shoddy, the broken, the wrong items and the miss sold are all QVC's responsibility not mine.

The reaction causers and the things that didn't fit? Well that's retail. Surely they don't expect me to keep them?

The things I used the 30 day money back guarantee to try, that weren't returned in perfect condition?

Well they told me I could do that.

So I did.

How can that be wrong?

The returns that aren't QVC's own fault are a small proportion of my returns, and a tiny proportion of my orders.

Give 'em hell! :rock:

What you said :clapping:

I've never understood how QVC can state in on-air adverts and through its presenters that customers have 30 days to "buy, try and return if the item's not to their liking" without stating that there is some kind of limit, then get heavy-handed with customers who have taken them at their word.

Why isn't QVC more up front about the 30 day MBG so that prospective customers can make an informed decision before they buy? That's only good business practise, surely? ("And don't call me Shirley" :happy:)

Just checked and since the beginning of November I have ordered 10 items. I have kept 6 and sent back 4...so what is the problem? No idea? but the letter has probably done me a favour.

Maybe they just want to discuss the situation with you first?

Maybe they just want to discuss the situation with you first?

Warn me more like....:sweat:

I think I buy from QVC because I am a busy working Mum and don't want to spend hours trawling round the shops on what little leisure time I have. I have tried to purchase clothes from QVC and that is what has rocketed my returns...........because they don't fit, look and feel crap in the flesh...or I look and feel crap in them. I should have realised a long time ago that I was on a hiding to nothing with their so called fashion..but I kept on trying.

Not anymore. I don't need to discuss with QVC my returns rate. I'm not thick and I have wised up....I will spend my dosh on some quality items and they can stick their static.......:cheeky:

Warn me more like....:sweat:

I think I buy from QVC because I am a busy working Mum and don't want to spend hours trawling round the shops on what little leisure time I have. I have tried to purchase clothes from QVC and that is what has rocketed my returns...........because they don't fit, look and feel crap in the flesh...or I look and feel crap in them. I should have realised a long time ago that I was on a hiding to nothing with their so called fashion..but I kept on trying.

Not anymore. I don't need to discuss with QVC my returns rate. I'm not thick and I have wised up....I will spend my dosh on some quality items and they can stick their static.......:cheeky:

Can I suggest Next my lovely? They have online videos for many of their items and they deliver the next day - the very next bliddy day! The prices and fabrics (only QVC has fabrications !) are much better than QVC. You don't need to have that brick of a Next catalogue - you can do it all online. They come and collect your returns as well.

(I promise I'm not on commission!) :sun::blush::happy:

How Very Dare They!!! Why not add up all you have spent over the time you have shopped with them. The only things they have going for them are the 30 day mbg and the easy pays that set them apart from other retailers. As the 30 day mbg is not as water tight as they claim then this another nail in their coffin as far as I can see. I think their demise will be a long time coming, but they seriously need to look at what other retailers both on line and high street are doing in these straightend times to build and retain a customer base. Today I recieved a parcel from Amazon, ordered items on Tuesday night and it was free p and p. Beat that QVC!!

Can I suggest Next my lovely? They have online videos for many of their items and they deliver the next day - the very next bliddy day! The prices and fabrics (only QVC has fabrications !) are much better than QVC. You don't need to have that brick of a Next catalogue - you can do it all online. They come and collect your returns as well.

(I promise I'm not on commission!) :sun::blush::happy:

You are so right. Thanks. I used to buy all my stuff from next and M&S. Going to grab my self a nice coffee and choccie biccy as house is quiet for once.....and check them out........cos I have got MONEY TO SPEND (can you hear me QVC? )

I have sent more things back recently but if I get any questions from them I'm gone.I agree there are other companies who offer better services & competitive prices.I recently bought a small electrical item from the Co-Op on line Ordered in the afternoon, delivered NEXT morning ( free!!) I frequently order from Amazon & am always pleased with their free delivery.
QVC you can't 'throw' customers away--This 30 day MBG which they push at every opportunity ( & more) is obviously not what it seems, what else is there?

I think QVC should not have this policy of trying and sending back .Most of the other online retilers dont allow you to use them .Like I shop from laredoute and they dont charge for return or exchange .Also if there is a problem with size they send a 10 pounds voucher promotion .QVC allows to try the products and earrings which I doubt anyone does and some people abuse that system .
I for one will return any item that does not catch my fancy ,or sizing problem immediately .
I never sent used items back .

I think QVC should not have this policy of trying and sending back .Most of the other online retilers dont allow you to use them .Like I shop from laredoute and they dont charge for return or exchange .Also if there is a problem with size they send a 10 pounds voucher promotion .QVC allows to try the products and earrings which I doubt anyone does and some people abuse that system .
I for one will return any item that does not catch my fancy ,or sizing problem immediately .
I never sent used items back .

Do you think they register on our returns record if people send back 'used' as opposed to 'tried on' clothes. Just wondered as it often seems like the people who get the letter are clothes buyers? I know the 30 day mbg should still be as valid, and I'm not for one minute assumming the OP sends back used clothes. Just wondering, as some other posters on here have said they have really high returns but haven't had the letter. I wish we had some QVC insiders on here to enlighten us.

None of the clothing I sent back was worn-simply tried on , hated , packaged up and sent back the next day or within the week. Labels on.....and I don't have B.O or a stinking house (unlike the person who obviously sent a kipling bag back that is amongst my returns cos I then received it and it stank of fag ends! )

Do you think they register on our returns record if people send back 'used' as opposed to 'tried on' clothes. Just wondered as it often seems like the people who get the letter are clothes buyers? I know the 30 day mbg should still be as valid, and I'm not for one minute assumming the OP sends back used clothes. Just wondering, as some other posters on here have said they have really high returns but haven't had the letter. I wish we had some QVC insiders on here to enlighten us.

I don't imagine they note whether items have been used or not judging by the number of people on here who have received used goods (me included). Whilst I appreciate that excessive returns cost them a lot I don't think returns due to items being faulty, incorrectly described, not matching the stated sizing etc should count when they look at returns rates.

You are so right. Thanks. I used to buy all my stuff from next and M&S. Going to grab my self a nice coffee and choccie biccy as house is quiet for once.....and check them out........cos I have got MONEY TO SPEND (can you hear me QVC? )

M&S are fab! Their website's great and they deliver to stores, so I don't miss deliveries when I'm at work :happy:

M&S are fab!Their website's great and they deliver to stores, so I don't miss deliveries when I'm at work :happy:

I ordered a TV late on a Friday night. They rang me the next day ,delivered on the Monday.They also came and installed it. Free p&p and a 5 year warranty. They rang me yesterday to see if i had been happy with their service. BRILLIANT EXCELLENT SERVICE!!
:mysmilie_59: :mysmilie_480: :mysmilie_378:

Latest posts

Back