The naffest thing ever!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I happened to catch a bit of the nutcracker demo. The music got on my nerves so I quickly turned over, i didn't realise it wasn't even a proper nutcracker.

The mounted stags head is pretty naff and the Alison Cork twig TSV IMO is really naff.

I dislike animal ornaments of any description, no Q, putting a fake candle in them doesn't improve them and in many cases makes them even naffer.

I understand if you have kids and they make mum an awful naff bit of Christmas tat it is done with love and it is a given that it will be hung with pride but dear god, these things cost a lot and look worse than a blue peter egg box and sticky backed plastic creation.

I remember a recent Judge Judy show where two hill billy sisters were arguing over a road kill with one saying the other had made it into "Rigamortis stew"

Never been able to look at these sort of things since with out thinking of this.

You'd expect this naffness in Poundland, but the p&p is worth more than the shine-a-light they're flogging. Years ago, this is my contender for naffness (there were, and still are, many to choose from) they had a cheap looking (made in China) Father Christmas on skates holding a teddy bear (I've no idea) for £34.95 plus p&p, going round and round and round a railway track, now that looked creepy, and quite frankly suss if I'm honest.

I'm on my iPad so can now post some screenshots.

If you have a nervous disposition, look away now.

Well, I thought I could, but ST is saying it has the wrong extension, perhaps because I cropped them on my iPad.

Trying the nutcracker again, not cropped this time --------

IMG_2545.jpg

How about this item in the video?

This is a video I took myself at Fleetwood market (near Blackpool) about 5 years ago.

I must admit, I was tempted to get one, I think it was only about £40, which I thought was remarkable value.

What do you think, tat, naff, or wonderful?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Iu_n_YG8U

I've found a photo online, it is very lifelike (see my video for the movements)

IMG_2546.JPG

THIS IS NOW NEARLY £900 ON AMAZON!!!

How about this item in the video?

This is a video I took myself at Fleetwood market (near Blackpool) about 5 years ago.

I must admit, I was tempted to get one, I think it was only about £40, which I thought was remarkable value.

What do you think, tat, naff, or wonderful?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Iu_n_YG8U

I've found a photo online, it is very lifelike (see my video for the movements)

View attachment 12824

THIS IS NOW NEARLY £900 ON AMAZON!!!

Eww, that's a bit creepy, Strato. But it's given me an idea for a game QVC could sell ... something like this but models of presenters instead of Elvis, supplied with sponge balls, and as soon as they start saying "Jump to the phones", "Get one for your gift drawer" (or insert your own hackneyed phrase), you can chuck the balls and try to shut them up. It would be quite cathartic, I think!

Eww, that's a bit creepy, Strato. But it's given me an idea for a game QVC could sell ... something like this but models of presenters instead of Elvis, supplied with sponge balls, and as soon as they start saying "Jump to the phones", "Get one for your gift drawer" (or insert your own hackneyed phrase), you can chuck the balls and try to shut them up. It would be quite cathartic, I think!

I'm in!......I can then say I've thrown Elvis's balls! Not many people can claim that. :mysmilie_3:

Is there enough latex in this world to make images of all the annoying presenters and bland ambassadors?

I think we would add the BA from Buckley to that list, that voice would cut corn (not quite as bad as awful Techy Abbi)

Is there enough latex in this world to make images of all the annoying presenters and bland ambassadors?

I think we would add the BA from Buckley to that list, that voice would cut corn (not quite as bad as awful Techy Abbi)

The possibilities are endless!

I was going to put a photo up.

In the olden days of QVC, you used to be able to copy and save photos, which I always did when I ordered anything.

Now, if you click on the photo (on a PC) it just gets bigger, and there is no save function.

If you download lightshot you can take screenshots of whatever you like including a shot of live tv :mysmilie_14:
http://prntscr.com/cxyxjk

Eeek! It is like something you'd see in a 1970s horror film set in a murderous toymaker's workshop. I would be more worried seeing someone coming towards me dressed like this than dressed as a clown!

Exactly, I was scarred for life by the clown in Poltergeist, shudder

You could always melt the Plastic smarmeister that is Dale Franklin, well it's a start.

If you thought my video of Elvis was creepy, this will give you nightmares!

It is the same robot, but without its skin. BTW it is very complicated inside, with a computer, loads of motors, and can move eyes up, down, left, right, move eyebrows, and do the lip curl.

It also has sensors which detect where you are, and the head and eyes follow you around.

Don't watch this video if you are nervous lol.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LV8Ws4JadTw