The Real Pie Company?? wonder whats happend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, that has happened, but we can't change it. Of course I feel for anyone who looses their job, but that's life. ( It happens every day, & all of us bitching won't change things.) It's probably happened to many of us at some point - me included.

Note to say that the last bit of my previous post was a joke. Just saying.

I think I can speak for us all SB when I say we're not bitching. Speaking personally I like to call people out on their deceit, especially if it effects people's lives and financial situation. I was told once by a close work colleague, we was discussing work or something then she fondly came out with "you don't suffer fools gladly" it's always stuck with me that, because she's absolutely right.

Ahem! You're not Brett Wanabe by any chance. :mysmilie_17:........only joking. :mysmilie_17:

I'm really quite astonished that TRPC continue to appear on QVC. If I headed up a multimillion pound brand I certainly wouldn't give airtime to shady outfits.

I think I can speak for us all SB when I say we're not bitching. Speaking personally I like to call people out on their deceit, especially if it effects people's lives and financial situation. I was told once by a close work colleague, we was discussing work or something then she fondly came out with "you don't suffer fools gladly" it's always stuck with me that, because she's absolutely right.

Ahem! You're not Brett Wanabe by any chance. :mysmilie_17:........only joking. :mysmilie_17:

Bitching was a bad choice of word. I guess I was just trying to lighten the mood.....

I would never buy food from Q, but read these posts with interest.

I don't eat pies very often, but recently had one from M&S Gastropub range, it was called 'steak and old peculiar ale' pie. Absolutely delicious and can recommend.

It was even 'crammed to the crust' :cheeky:

I live not far from Wigan where the locals are know as "Pie Eaters". There are small bakeries everywhere who make their own pies but I buy Pooles pies which are frozen but still made in Wigan. Asda sells them in packs of 4 for under £3 and they`re lovely. I like the steak ones but hubby prefers the potato and meat ones.
When he was a miner in a local pit they`d call at the pit canteen and buy a potato and meat pie which would be placed inside a buttered barm ( a large bap) and they`d eat it as they walked to the pit head cages to go a couple of miles underground for a 12 hour shift. Four generations of his family had worked down that pit and he was the last before it closed forever. Between him, his brother, his father, his Grandfather they must have scoffed thousands of pies en route to their back breaking work and it was maybe the only decent bit of grub they got until they went home. Everything below ground was always eaten with a mouthful of coal dust and black hands so they took very little with them.
Nowadays we have no local pits, there used to be 4 of them but we still have a Technical College where young men and women learn to be mechanics, engineers, bricklayers etc and during their lunch break you`ll see them queuing in the local market hall to buy pasties on a barm, pie on a barm or even pie and peas on a barm !

I would never buy food from Q, but read these posts with interest.

I don't eat pies very often, but recently had one from M&S Gastropub range, it was called 'steak and old peculiar ale' pie. Absolutely delicious and can recommend.

It was even 'crammed to the crust' :cheeky:

They used to serve organic pies in Planet Organic in Muswell Hill - an eatery I frequent - and were delicious and high quality. Since they stopped serving them I haven't had any pies. I once had a goat cheese and vegetable pie on a cross-channel ferry.

I live not far from Wigan where the locals are know as "Pie Eaters". There are small bakeries everywhere who make their own pies but I buy Pooles pies which are frozen but still made in Wigan. Asda sells them in packs of 4 for under £3 and they`re lovely. I like the steak ones but hubby prefers the potato and meat ones.
When he was a miner in a local pit they`d call at the pit canteen and buy a potato and meat pie which would be placed inside a buttered barm ( a large bap) and they`d eat it as they walked to the pit head cages to go a couple of miles underground for a 12 hour shift. Four generations of his family had worked down that pit and he was the last before it closed forever. Between him, his brother, his father, his Grandfather they must have scoffed thousands of pies en route to their back breaking work and it was maybe the only decent bit of grub they got until they went home. Everything below ground was always eaten with a mouthful of coal dust and black hands so they took very little with them.
Nowadays we have no local pits, there used to be 4 of them but we still have a Technical College where young men and women learn to be mechanics, engineers, bricklayers etc and during their lunch break you`ll see them queuing in the local market hall to buy pasties on a barm, pie on a barm or even pie and peas on a barm !

Please write a book.

So would that be Chloe Everton's pie butty??

CC

They used to serve organic pies in Planet Organic in Muswell Hill - an eatery I frequent - and were delicious and high quality. Since they stopped serving them I haven't had any pies. I once had a goat cheese and vegetable pie on a cross-channel ferry.

Goat cheese and vegetable pie???? Really?? Mr CC (a prolific meat and potato pie eater) is outside slashing his wrists as I write :mysmilie_17:

CC

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really quite astonished that TRPC continue to appear on QVC. If I headed up a multimillion pound brand I certainly wouldn't give airtime to shady outfits.

Well blow me down with a feather! I just looked on QCommunity and the latest QCam film is dedicated to.... TRPC. Will interviews Brett who gives the same old spiel about it being a family-run company, just eight staff, every single pie handmade and crammed to the crust. No reference of course to having come back from a difficult situation, change of ownership and Will just said how fabulous the new ones sound and how everyone at Q loves them and they want the old favourites back too.

So I think that shows us where Q stands in this debacle. We will sell any old crap so long as we make money, regardless of the spurious claims. I thought Brett did look a bit uncomfortable during the film but that maybe just how he normally looks! Or perhaps stress from all the brouhaha.

Sounds like you live by me Vienna, I live in Saint Helens a strong miners town (or was) we're fifteen minutes away from Widnes and Warrington one way, twenty five minutes away from Liverpool the other and just under ten minutes away from Knowsley and the Safari Park, we live just past West Park and Taylor Park, just before you get the Town Centre :mysmilie_3:

Sounds like you live by me Vienna, I live in Saint Helens a strong miners town (or was) we're fifteen minutes away from Widnes and Warrington one way, twenty five minutes away from Liverpool the other and just under ten minutes away from Knowsley and the Safari Park, we live just past West Park and Taylor Park, just before you get the Town Centre :mysmilie_3:

Pretty much a pie free zone here in Surrey but I used to love a Pimbletts when we visited my family near Sherdley Park.

Pretty much a pie free zone here in Surrey but I used to love a Pimbletts when we visited my family near Sherdley Park.

That's only a few minutes away from me as you head to the town centre, just past the retail park and The Shires. :mysmilie_3:

Well I have just seen a post on Facebook from a local Farm Shop with a picture saying they now have these pies back in stock.

Latest posts

Back