The security of Travelon bag

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
LINK - - - http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.a....item.831615.cm_scid.BazaarVoice#BVQAWidgetID

I bought one of these SECURITY bags for my partner. The presentation shows that it has wires woven into the plastic to prevent it being slashed and the contents stolen.

It has 118 reviews, but I've just seen a recent one (below) that suggests it isn't very secure after all, so I posted a question about it.

I must say I am surprised that they actually published it.

Here is my question - - -

The following is a worrying review of this bag, if it is correct.

Is the following review true about only having wires in the front pockets?

"I work at an airport so I x-rayed the bag and the chain link security feature is only on the two front pockets and strap so if your bag got slashed at the back you would lose the contents"

If that particular review is correct then QVC and Travelon are naughty. I've just read the description and it is very vague as to the extent of the security "chain mail" apart from the strap. It's impossible to comment on the security in a review unless the bag has actually been slashed and it holds up.

I suppose the only way to clarify is to e mail or call QVC quoiting the feedback and ask for their confirmation. Or wait until it's shown again and call in live on air.

I maybe incorrect, as I haven't watched too many Travelon shows. :confused:
Taking note this bag has a review from last year, I'm sure they may well have made a comment with a recent bag that they have learnt to provide the protection to the whole bag.
Would be interested in the views of someone who's watched more often.

Is it any wonder airport security takes so long if members of staff are x-raying their purchases?:wink:

I bought one of the bags in question last summer as a TSV. I was very disappointed to discover that, quite clearly, the chain-mail (so to speak) was only on the lower half of the front of the bag. I could feel it there, and in the strap, but it was absent throughout the rest of the bag. All in all it was a most ill-advised purchase and it now resides in bag heaven (or hell?).

I feel like complaining to QVC or even trading standards, but I don't know how to record the QVC video as evidence, before it disappears.

Latest posts

Back