The Steam Mop Man and Charlie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SusieJ

Registered Shopper
Just watching the show now and wondering: is the steam mop man really really short or is Charlie really really tall? There must be a good foot of difference between them.

Charlie is over 6ft and steam mop man under 5ft - I would think. I've always thought he may have once been a jockey - LOL!

Charlie is over 6ft and steam mop man under 5ft - I would think. I've always thought he may have once been a jockey - LOL!

I get asked that too, for some reason... :wonder:

Oh isn't it annoying? i find myself shouting at the screen.."you don't pronounce the H you silly man" it's aitch..aitch AITCH.

Oooh, I'm so glad it's not just me that gets to irritated by this! Gah! Where does it come from - is it considered posh? I think it's ignorance! Keeley of Elemis is another culprit.

It's a combination of a regional influence and a touch of ignorance! My husband says Haitch as do his family but I've always corrected our kids so they don't say it. Even though I've used on-line pronunciation tools to prove my point, he won't be told in a strange sort-of inverted snobbery.

He says AL-mond instead of Ah-mond too...I've given up!

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back