The' Yong Kim Club'-- In or Out?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now I'm actually quite skilled with the old sewing machine but I absolutely hate working with the stretch jersey fabrics. They're not chuffing easy unless you have a proper overlocker. I've only got an overlocking foot attachment and it often over stretches the fabric so the hems/seams go slightly fluted.

Interesting to read your comments.I am not against Yong Kim BUT it is a niche market look for those who can pay higher price points.Debbie Flint really hit on a nerve when she was trying to justify the look of the range & why we should be paying these prices ( i.e those who don't, simply do not understand these fashion looks) as if! Debbie looks a mess ( as IngridT in this range) Claudelia the model can carry it off (but she could carry off a bin bag?)

I'm in! Definitely.

Mind you, there's a lot of YK i can't buy, since I'm a size 22 and most of her stuff doesn't go up to my size.

I love what I have though. Its the cut, the drape, the colour palette and the natural fabrics. I avoid the cringably bright colours (because they don't suit me) and stick to the lovely soft neutrals and stone/khaki/greys. Love 'em! Usually buy on easypay safe in the knowledge that these clothes wont date, and will still be working for me in 5 or 10 years, even if i lose weight. Excellent quality and value for money - that phrase Price Per Wear is a good description.

I loved Lagenlook when it arrived on the scene (still got some), and now wear clothes like YK, Join, Marla Wynne, and some excellent eBay sources.

While i dont really care if other people dislike my style, it is always nice to get compliments, and I do, often enough to know that other people think i look Ok.

I did notice yesterday when there was a close up of the asymmetric skirt that there were bits of thread hanging off the bottom. Not good for something that expensive. Must admit I have seen threads hanging on other fashion shows. Is nothing checked before models dress???

Wonder how Many YK clothes DF tried to sell in her Jumble sale , Did anyone go ? I know she has fans on here :mysmilie_59: ?

I'm definitely out. Those clothes would swamp me and they look a right old mess half the time, unless you're tall and thin, which I'm not. The prices are stupid as well for such thin fabric. Jackie Kabler had a YK dress on the other day and she looked good in it but her legs are twice the length of mine. I'll pass.

CC

Now you see, I really don't like this range. I have a problem, not so much with weight but height (well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it) and Yong Kim garments would just make me look totally ridiculous - a bit like a balloon. I'm just under 5ft 2in.

Another OUT. Like others have said, way overpriced for what it is. I've also noticed that even though the designs are meant to be loose, they always look too tight and 'huggy' on the models' bustlines making the tops even more shapeless. Not very flattering IMO.

Latest posts

Back