The' Yong Kim Club'-- In or Out?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Why I have this hour on?-- who knows! There was a post a few days ago about Presenters reading posts & Ms Flint has made a couple of comments at the beginning of the hour along the lines of people not understanding the range as if it was beyond some of us to appreciate it.As if? I understand clothes, dare I say probably more than the said Ms Flint & can appreciate fashion looks which are totally unsuitable for me but these pieces are (IMO) vastly overpriced for the quality as they appear on screen.So perhaps there is something sadly lacking in my education? The guest mentioned the 'Yong Kim' club, I'll never be a member, will stay firmly on the outside, but each to his/her own.

I'm in but I do get that it isn't for everyone. Its not that people don't understand it or as DF has just said aren't confident enough to wear it (that's just a flipping daft thing to say!!), they just don't like it. It would be a rum old world if everyone did like the same. And even though I am in, I don't like it all by any means.

There's plenty of fashion on QVC and on the high street I don't like and wouldn't wear. There's some I do like but it doesn't suit me so I don't wear it.

I'm Out out OUT!

:cash: Exorbitant prices for garments in a fabric you can get on the DHS for less than a quarter the price.

:yawn: The colour palate is drab.

:mysmilie_854:How patronising of Debbie with her comments, as she stands there looking a total mess. :mysmilie_849: Very much the emperor's new clothes in my opinion.

I totally respect that others will have a different opinion. The above is just my opinion.

Last edited:
They are shapeless garments which all seem to be made from two pieces of fabric stitched together in slightly different ways to create what Q claim to be a range of stylish clothes.

That fabric is £4.95 per metre, 54 inches wide (apols for mixing inches and metric, I'm of that generation !) on Chelmsford market and it's not rocket science to drape and stitch - don't even need to get the hems level now sharks teeth are in. Get as much fabric as poss gathered, ruched, as pockets or draped at hip and thigh level to add bulk where most of us don't need it et voila -haute couture for a super bargain price.

I'm the wrong shape for the Yong Kim clothes. I'm also too old to wear skintight clothes. I believe people should wear clothes suitable to thei shape and age

Ms Flint is ful off poop, Yong Kim is an extortionate rip off, probably costs a tenner to make (including labor) and then QVC flog it for over one hundred, so I'm guessing that's why the majority don't buy, the last time I seen a Yong Kim top...........well I didn't actually see it, the tears of laughter at the price was blurring my vision. :giggle:

I'm also definitely OUT
It looks awful, the only reason they suggest to layer, is so that you buy more really expensive items for one look.
I personally think you would get just as good a look from bin bags and hessian sacks and much cheaper too !:mysmilie_13:

Who the hell is DF to tell us about fashion when she lives in leggings and smock tops to hide her figure,how she has the cheek to write a slimming book is beyond me and more fool the people that have bought it.

I`m out. It reminds me of some of the outfits Boy George concocted in his heyday, all cobbled together lengths and mismatched layers. I think it`s a look only the young (28 and under) can carry off 100% successfully. On older people the odd piece might look ok matched with more conventional clothes such as jeans but that isn`t really carrying a look, that`s dipping your toe and sending out a half hearted message of look at me I own a YK piece , aren`t I brave or aren`t I fashionable, when the answer is no, you`re neither one thing or the other. It makes people look as if they`re trying to achieve something but not quite getting there and that`s why it always looks so wrong on DF, JR and some of the models. They mix YK with stillettos or peep toed wedges or sparkly handbags or flowery scarves etc etc and it simply isn`t meant to be worn like that.
Give a YK dress to an 18 year old and she`d probably wear it with striped tights, black Doc Martens, a pork pie hat, a combat belt and a khaki rucksack and look great. YK designs for the younger woman but at an older wealthier person`s price point and it doesn`t work. I wish she`d have a trip to Afflecks Palace on a Saturday afternoon when Manchester Uni design students are purposely looking for shapeless oversized clothes so they can do their own thing with them.
The balance isn`t right for the market QVC are aiming for, the style is wrong for most middle aged women, the price is too high for most younger women, the styling on air is contradictory to the ethos Ingrid tells us is YK and the presenters simply can`t carry it off.
I know a lot of people might disagree with my view but that`s how I feel about it and I feel you`ve got children ie. very young stylists and buyers, trying to dress middle aged women and failing badly.

Way out, in fact a different country.

I am short 5' 1 and half " large busted, trust me Yong Kim not a good look on someone like. The tops would be past my knees for one and I do not do layers.

I'm out, too shapeless and nothing special for the price you pay. Plus, i'm a size 18 and i find that 'lose and floaty' look actually makes you seem bigger, I do not need that!

I'm out. Even if I liked the clothes, which I don't, no way would I pay the ridiculous prices. I would look like a munchkin in most of the offerings. I did think the Kim Yong show was slightly better last night without IT.

Dip toe in I guess, because I like some of the tunics they do. I own 4- a bright pink one, a grey and white striped one, a plain grey one and thegrey one DF wore last night which was a TSV. I don't like the layered look at all and don't like the dresses. Join clothing are quite similar-Ibhave one of their dresses (eBay bargain) and a Join tunic top. When I wear it it just looks like leggings and a tunic, or jeans and a tunic. I wear with Ugg style boots or knee high boots in winter, birkenstocks or flip flops in summer. I would never wear leggings or jeans with high heels-have always thought this looks ridiculous. I chose them because I just liked the tops.. no other reason... looking "edgy" never even crossed my mind! I got mine either on eBay or in last clicks or TSV.. I think the only one I paid full price was my really "drab" bright pink one!

I agree that when the presenters layer the clothes they look like they are trying too hard and often look silly. Why dont they just wear the tops on their own?

I watched a little bit of it yesterday morning and I have to admit there was one piece that looked not too bad. It was a dress with a zip down the front and it could be worn as a coat as well. Then their was a dreadful looking yellow and white stripped waistcoat - apologies if anyone bought it, looked like from my mothers ragbag in the 50's. Ms Kim is laughing all the way to the bank.

Definitely OUT.

Judging by what DBF dresses herself in, I don't think SHE gets it.

I'll do a Julia now - only joking! :mysmilie_458:

Out
I would be hard pushed to say which imo is the biggest rip off ...Yong Kim or Join, I don't think I could find one item from either Fashion (lol)pieces that I would wear...

I'm out.

I wouldn't pay that kind of price for any clothing brand to be honest. And I'd certainly not entertain those prices for some of the crinkle look garments when I can get the same effect by flinging my clothes on the bedroom floor and tromping all over them.

Erics mum, you are so right - and I shop at Chelmsford Market myself! I'm no skilled dressmaker, but even I could run up something that is almost identical to the Pong Dim - sorry, Yong Kim - range for next to nothing. Ms Flint is a fine one to criticise others - IMO she looks as though she's dressed from a bargain basement jumble sale at times.
They are shapeless garments which all seem to be made from two pieces of fabric stitched together in slightly different ways to create what Q claim to be a range of stylish clothes.

That fabric is £4.95 per metre, 54 inches wide (apols for mixing inches and metric, I'm of that generation !) on Chelmsford market and it's not rocket science to drape and stitch - don't even need to get the hems level now sharks teeth are in. Get as much fabric as poss gathered, ruched, as pockets or draped at hip and thigh level to add bulk where most of us don't need it et voila -haute couture for a super bargain price.

I'm out. Even if I liked the clothes, which I don't, no way would I pay the ridiculous prices. I would look like a munchkin in most of the offerings. I did think the Kim Yong show was slightly better last night without IT.

A Yong Kim show is always better without Ingrid.

And frankly the only QVC presenters who can just about get away with wearing YK are Ali Keenan and Jackie Kabler - both tall and slim ladies. Debbie may be a good saleswoman, but she is the worst possible advert for just about any fashion range at QVC - she has no clue what suits her and puts together items which really don't complement each other. She doesn't even seem to know what colours are best on her. Not everyone has a knack with clothes - I know I don't, so I do identify with Debbie's lack of skill in that area... but in her place (I refuse to say shoes) I would get proper advice about dressing for on air appearances (and not from the so-called stylists that work on or guest on QVC!).

Last edited:
I am 100% out too, the prices to me are ridiculous, the same with Join which I watched a bit of this morning and apparently is Simon Biagi's wife's favourite. To me the items should be in the £20 - £30 price bracket, to me that is what they look like they would cost and that is what I would expect to pay for them. Some of the items I do like, as I am a tunic with leggings/jeans/boots/sketchers sort of girl, but I would never in a million years spend £70-£100 for a tunic, especially one that looks like it would cost £20, to me it would be throwing my money away, and I don't have money to throw away.

Latest posts

Back