Thorntons TSV 20/11/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We've got several Leonidas stores over here (Dublin),lovely chocolates but very luscious imo

I can never manage more than one or two but that's probably a good thing!

I worked in Brussels for 6 months in my early 20s, back in those days I was a size 4-6 and could eat what I liked with impunity, so spent 6 months consuming steak or mussels and frites, followed by handmade choccies, so very delicious! I like proper chocolate shops where you can pick your own assortment, I'm particular about what I like and find general assortments contain too many non-favourites. These days I'd much rather have a few very good chocolates rather than lots of mediocre chocolates.

I thought I could guzzle any chocolates but last year I bought 2 boxes of black magic on special offer without reading the contents. They were 2 sorts of some awful filling and I managed to eat one sort but had to give the remainder to a friend's son to finish off as they were so horrible. Some sort of strawberry fondant filling.
I've been on the 5:2 diet for 6 weeks and lost 14lbs in weight. Only about 6lbs to go to get my bmi down to 20, so not buying chocolates to ruin the good work.

I have had them by mail order too.......and I get an occasional (very occasional) 20% off code.

Its the fresh cream (buttercream) ones I love!

There are Leonidas shops in London and you can get them in Harrods!!

Does anyone think this TSV is good value. I know the big supermarkets often have Thorntons on special offer. I am hanging back for now (but I do love Continental)

Does anyone think this TSV is good value. I know the big supermarkets often have Thorntons on special offer. I am hanging back for now (but I do love Continental)

Tesco have a boxes of Continental Thornton's on offer 460g for £10 or 300g for £5 and their mint selection 316g half price at £4. I've got two Tesco money off coupons and I buy these as gifts for colleagues, so am intending to stock up.

There are usually much better deals on Thornton's website than Q's TSVs. Their hampers/bundles are often up to half the RRP.

And you can buy a tin of cadburys chocolates for £6. A whopping 1.1kg - according to OH.
I just got the Thornton's flier from qvc today. A bit late!

I find the Thornton's shows pretty dull , doesn't exactly inspire me to buy and im fed up with the constant cutting up of chocolate and fudges into tiny peices and the presenters talking with there mouths full.

I find the Thornton's shows pretty dull , doesn't exactly inspire me to buy and im fed up with the constant cutting up of chocolate and fudges into tiny peices and the presenters talking with there mouths full.

Well I hope you have not just been watching Marverine on the five to six show. Yelling, oohing and aching, then scoffing.

Well I hope you have not just been watching Marverine on the five to six show. Yelling, oohing and aching, then scoffing.

Haha I just posted about her on the other thread , she certainly gives Charlie a run for his money on the eating stakes.

I haven't, I admit watched more than a few minutes of these shows today but who buys ( just seen 1 min. of this) Mince pies from Q--- or any other food item for that matter.I can understand if you want a bumper Thorntons collection which is cheaper than the shops but most of the food seems SOOOO overpriced it doesn't seem possible.Then they are 'sold out'!

I haven't, I admit watched more than a few minutes of these shows today but who buys ( just seen 1 min. of this) Mince pies from Q--- or any other food item for that matter.I can understand if you want a bumper Thorntons collection which is cheaper than the shops but most of the food seems SOOOO overpriced it doesn't seem possible.Then they are 'sold out'!

Tbh I think Qvc have a following of people that literally buy everything and anything that comes to air.

Tbh I think Qvc have a following of people that literally buy everything and anything that comes to air.

You are probably right. Earlier on they were selling 6 Fishcakes (they contained lobster) and I have to say they looked and sounded delightful.

The price? £26. They did come with free P&P though! I stretched to the TSV thinking they could come in handy for some reserve presents in case someone unexpectedly turns up but those Fishcakes were a bit rich for me :mysmilie_11:

You are probably right. Earlier on they were selling 6 Fishcakes (they contained lobster) and I have to say they looked and sounded delightful.

The price? £26. They did come with free P&P though! I stretched to the TSV thinking they could come in handy for some reserve presents in case someone unexpectedly turns up but those Fishcakes were a bit rich for me :mysmilie_11:

Im sure we will see some of these customers on Ch4's The hoarder Next door programme :mysmilie_59:

i didnt get the TSV but I did get the 'No added sugar' collection for my mother in law. From the reviews I read it is suitable for diabetics and since she was diagnosed a couple of years ago she has bemoaned the fact that she can't indulge every now and then. Hopefully she will enjoy these and go on to buy her own whenever she feels the need.
They were probably cheaper on the high street but i can't get to one lol

Latest posts

Back