Tili Tote of Treats

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

After telling myself I didn’t need one of these calendars I realised that I was almost out of my Leighton Denny renovate over the weekend. Figured I may as well buy the calendar with it in as I usually have a shay and blue perfume mini in my bag and my daughter likes the mascara…therefore using my logic it wouldn’t cost much more…😁

Anyhoo, my local store didn’t have any in, and suggested a larger out of town store that she believed had some in stock left. I phoned up and asked if they could check to see if the store had stock before I drove the extra 30 minutes to get there. They had 400+ available!
So worth ringing around local stores as they are still out there!
Yay, hope you got or will get one ok? Well worth it! Funnily enough, the LD Renovate was one of half a dozen items in the set that I do repurchase and made it worth buying in my case (no pun intended).

Good news for me, too! I visited an out of town store today and was just going to say to an assistant, “Probably a silly question but do you have any M&S beauty advent calendars left?“ while she laughed in my face, when I saw a stand with quite a few on. As I walked around, I saw at least another three stands, with probably 30 on each. So, you’re right, definitely worth trying elsewhere. I was going there anyway but it’s a good idea to ring first as you did.

Yay, hope you got or will get one ok? Well worth it! Funnily enough, the LD Renovate was one of half a dozen items in the set that I do repurchase and made it worth buying in my case (no pun intended).

Good news for me, too! I visited an out of town store today and was just going to say to an assistant, “Probably a silly question but do you have any M&S beauty advent calendars left?“ while she laughed in my face, when I saw a stand with quite a few on. As I walked around, I saw at least another three stands, with probably 30 on each. So, you’re right, definitely worth trying elsewhere. I was going there anyway but it’s a good idea to ring first as you did.
Glad you managed to find one 🙂

I just saw this and wondered if it would any good as Christmas gift for my SIL.

It was only her birthday 2 days ago and already I’m stressing about what to give her for Christmas!

Never really know what to get her - esp with my situation, I never get to see her (or most anyone), and don’t feel I know her any more…

Also feel like I have to tread on eggshells with her a bit and don’t like to get present “wrong”…

Anyway I decided the tote gift bag wasn’t right when I spotted it had an intimate wash in it…!

[It wouldn’t offend her (I don’t think?!), unlike when I bought her what I thought was a lovely Lepel sleep/lingerie set of shorts and camisole?!
Still no idea what it was about it that upset her!]

Out of interest, I looked up aforementioned intimate wash on QVC.
Seeing as it’s produced by Australian Bodycare who do all the tea tree oil “stuff”, I thought “surely that can’t contain tea tree too” - would that not sting like hell down there…?!

Short answer is it *does* indeed contain tea tree oil, and several reviews confirm that it can also cause intimate burning stinging! 😳 🤣

Link to product included as part as a lovely “intimate collection”.
Some v positive reviews, but another one not ideal for the sister in law, me thinks! ;)

Hmmm. I have pretty sensitive skin but still use the normal ABC wash on my "intimate" bits. I must have elephant hide down there as it's never stung or caused any reaction :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, several years ago I had bacterial vaginitis. I know ABC sell something for it but I didn't want to use that as my old GP (wonderful guy, used common sense along with his medical degree, all delivered with a lovely bedside manner - why don't they make them like that any more?) always used to tell me to be very wary of what I used there and gave me a tip on the best way to get rid of it. Tip available if you message me!

Back to BV, my friend has had it countless times and gets very upset about it. She's never used my tip as she's a bit squeamish but still takes antibiotics (problematic in their own way for BV) or uses the OTC Canesten stuff (costs her a fortune and only works for a bit). She's deeply embarrassed as she can smell quite strongly of fish at times. Her GP told her to just splash water there but let's face it, ladies, our playground is near our sewage plant and we do need something to keep the bad bugs at bay.

I was told years ago but luckily never had to try the advice. Plain natural yoghurt, the ‘live’ stuff applied on a tampon is supposed to neutralise the bacteria and calm the skin.

Latest posts

Back