Tommie Copper TSV 02/01/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I did as well.🤭 Couldn't stand him. Many many years ago I went with hubby on a coach trip to Batley Variety Club to see him. Most boring evening I've ever had. I went with him because he always came to see acts I wanted to.

Attachments

• Socks TSV 1.jpg
    Socks TSV 1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Socks TSV 2.jpg
    Socks TSV 2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Socks TSV 3.jpg
    Socks TSV 3.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Socks TSV 4.jpg
    Socks TSV 4.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Socks TSV 5.jpg
    Socks TSV 5.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 80
Is that for travelling why would you need 4 pairs?

Maybe tney can be used for varicose veins or cellulitis? Thankfully I don’t have either of those but I have a friend who wears similar for her veins. Hers were prescribed by a doctor though.

Or maybe they’re selling four pairs so they can be washed after long flights or in case the elasticity goes.

Knowing some of the selling tactics used at times, we’ll probably be told that they’d make lovely gifts for the postman, teachers, neighbours and Uncle Tom Cobley and all. 😉

My aunt was a nurse. She'd been told by a consultant she worked for to wear compression every day or pay for it in pain and vein.

She took his advice and is now retired having suffered neither.

Too late to edit but...

I've worn compression socks/tights on and off over the years but last year discovered a lovely pair from M&S (recycled energising cosy knee highs, item T609017A). They're long enough to get to my knee easily and stay there all day. They actually do energise my legs somewhat, too. However, I've recently bought another pair and found them not so long, and nor do they have quite the grip last year's did.

Every year I find something from M&S I love (usually underwear as I've not left the house since Covid so haven't needed new clothes), only to find that IF by some miracle the same item is available, the quality's not there. Very annoying! However, anything is better than nothing and they're still warm and supportive even if they're not up to last year's standard.

Tommie Copper Set of 4 Regular Fit Over-the-Calf Compression Socks
Item Number: 737670
QVC Price £90.00
Todays Special Value Price £29.97
P&P £3.95

Discover the comfort of the new-to-QVC Over-the-Calf Compression Socks from Tommie Copper with this four-pair set. Much more than your regular socks, they boast a clever compression design and are made from a sweat-wicking, anti-odour fabric infused with copper and zinc, which works to keep your feet dry and fresh. Perfect for work, sport and play, these socks will help you to feel your best all day.
*A great saving: If you were to buy the Tommie Copper Over The Calf UltraGuard Socks from QVCUK.com after this offer ends, you'd pay £90 plus P&P. So, for our Today's Special Value price of just £29.97 plus P&P, you're saving £60.03.
For your day-to-day - these soothing socks offer targeted compression designed to help provide relief to your feet and calves, making them especially beneficial for long days on the move. A wide stay top band adds to their long-wearing ease and ensures getting them on and off is a breeze.
Hidden comfort - they might look like normal socks, but these pairs work behind the scenes to help keep your feet more comfortable than ever. The fabric is infused with Tommie Copper’s patented Znergy Technology, designed for its anti-odour and sweat-wicking properties, and each sock has the added benefit of cushioning at the heel and toe.
Choice of colour, size and fit - tailor this set of socks to you by choosing between the Basic, Blue, Grey Multi or Pink selection, all of which include four pairs of socks in your choice of size and Regular or Wide fit.
  • Cushioned heel and toe
  • Wide stay top band for easy on/off
  • Comfort toe seam
  • Targeted compression for feet and calves
  • Znergy Technology: copper and zinc infused
  • Anti-odour technology: designed to stay in the fabric for up to 50 washes when using regular liquid detergent
  • Regular fit option: 92% polyester, 6% elastane, 2% other
  • Wide fit option: 88% polyester, 9% nylon, 3% elastane
  • Machine wash cold only
Contains:

• 4 x NEW Over-the-Calf Compression Sock Pairs

Colour options:
  • Basic
  • Blue
  • Grey Multi
  • Pink
Size options:
  • Small Regular (Women's 3 - 4.5 or Men's 2.5 - 4)
  • Medium Regular (Women's 5 - 7.5 or Men's 4.5 - 7)
  • Large Regular (Women's 8 - 10.5 or Men's 7.5 - 10)
  • XL Regular (Women's 11 or Men's 10.5 - 13)
  • Small Wide (Women’s 3 - 4.5 or Men's 2.5 - 4)
  • Medium Wide (Women’s 5 - 7.5 or Men's 4.5 - 7)
  • Large Wide (Women’s 8 - 10.5 or Men's 7.5 - 10)
  • XL Wide (Women’s 11 or Men's 10.5 - 13)

These are cheap I bought a pair from Boots they cost around £15.00. Wether anyone needs four pairs not sure. the name Tommy Cooper is interesting
So easy to read 'Cooper' instead of 'Copper'. Often, compression socks are next to impossible to remove without a struggle. These are easy off and on. I suppose if you wear a pair every day you'd need 4 pairs. The gloves were my favorite. And maybe the knee brace. In cold weather, I find that pain from an old knee and wrist injury crop up. Jill did a good presentation imo.

These are cheap I bought a pair from Boots they cost around £15.00. Wether anyone needs four pairs not sure. the name Tommy Cooper is interesting

I have the Boots pair - bought for the last time I flew nearly 20 years ago. They're still a fight to get on or even get my hand in to get them on. Mine were the graded compression type the pharmacist helped me get the right size for. I've lost weight since then and they're still restrictive!

I suspect the Tommy Cooper ones will be more like the soft energising ones I mentioned earlier. I considered the gloves as I've worn fingerless gloves since my first chilblains in my early teens. The palm grip looked good, too. I use the ones with knobbly bits on the palms as I use crutches and without a grip, I'm downright dangerous with them. Mine were a fiver, though, so I'm not sure about the cost.

Jill's presentation was good (better than the glimpse I just had of Chloe), but her sniffing drove me nuts!

Latest posts

Back