TomTom Start 60 6" Sat Nav TSV 24/04/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TomTom Start 60 6.0" Sat Nav with Western Europe Maps & Lifetime Updates
Item Number: 506319
QVC Price £122.00
Today's Special Value Price £99.96
P&P £0.00

This easy-to-use touchscreen sat nav boasts a large 6" high resolution screen and is packed with plenty of smart features, plus detailed maps of Western Europe with at least four map updates per year for the life of the device. Whether you're driving familiar roads or venturing somewhere new, enjoy peace of mind with the TomTom Start 60 sat nav.

Lifetime map updates - you'll be able to download at least four complete map updates per year at no extra cost, for the lifetime of your sat nav - simply connect the device to MyTomTom, log in and the map will automatically download each time. Combine this with daily corrections from Map Share and you'll benefit from the most up-to-date maps available on the market.

More than just maps - each preinstalled map gives you points of interest, phone numbers and opening times, so you have even more information at your fingertips. Plus with 3D maps available, buildings and landmarks really come to life in stunning 3D. Simply tap the map and you’re on your way!

Quick Search - find your destination faster with intuitive search results. Quick Search starts to find your destination as soon you start typing.

IQ Routes - the world's biggest database of real travel times is built into every TomTom device. It allows for rush hour, traffic lights, even shopping crowds; so no matter what time it is, you can rely on IQ Routes to provide you with the fastest route and most accurate arrival times.

Advanced lane guidance - clearly shows which lane to take at junctions so you don't miss your turning. On the most difficult highway intersections, realistic 3D representation of the junction keeps you relaxed and safe.

Spoken street names - to make TomTom's directions even easier to follow, this sat nav will direct you using the names of the streets you're travelling along so you can be sure you're making the right turn.

Always there when you need it - there's a convenient foldaway mount that's integrated into the device to allow you to attach it quickly and easily to your windscreen. Using the optional mounting disc, you can turn it upside down and position it on your dashboard too, where the screen automatically flips the right way up.

Extra-wide 6" (15cm) touchscreen with bigger buttons and menus
Simply plug in and it's ready to go
Eco-routes for more fuel-efficient directions
Three months TomTom speed camera alerts
Parking assist to direct you to the nearest car park
Customise your most frequent destinations by choosing icons and adding your own text
Get free innovative new features with regular TomTom updates
QuickGPSfix to speed up the time it takes to fix your GPS position

What's in the box?

TomTom Start 60 sat nav
Micro USB cable
USB car charger
EasyPort mount
Quick start guide

Technical specifications:

Screen: 6" 16:9 LCD widescreen
Resolution: 800 x 480 pixels
Ports: micro SD card slot
Battery: lithium ion with up to two hour autonomous battery life
Sat nav (w x h x d): 16.9cm x 10.5cm x 2.2cm (6.7" x 4.1" x 0.9")
Weight: 300g

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.506319

Thanks for the heads up SCW
Only yesterday while sitting in traffic on the way to Plymouth my DD said to me you really need a sat nav ?
To which I replied "I am waiting for QVC to have one as a TSV" So this is going into my basket especially with summer coming up and Cornwall filling up with visitors.

Thanks for the heads up SCW
Only yesterday while sitting in traffic on the way to Plymouth my DD said to me you really need a sat nav ?
To which I replied "I am waiting for QVC to have one as a TSV" So this is going into my basket especially with summer coming up and Cornwall filling up with visitors.

aww!! glad i could help funny i live in Exeter (which is quite near plymouth)

Well it is a small world and the internet has made it even smaller.
I live in Cornwall close to the Eden Project and from Easter to October the number of cars on the road is up by 1,000%. So it is helpful to be able to find alternative routes especially on Saturdays when it is total chaos on the roads round here.

Well it is a small world and the internet has made it even smaller.
I live in Cornwall close to the Eden Project and from Easter to October the number of cars on the road is up by 1,000%. So it is helpful to be able to find alternative routes especially on Saturdays when it is total chaos on the roads round here.

that is so true & i can imagine it is quite hectic & so this item will be perfect as even sneaky little backroads with this will be so much quicker & better for everyones sake

There are mixed reviews about this on Amazon. I have an old tomtom one, with a little screen. It has it's limitations but on the whole, has suited me. The TSV has a bigger screen which would be helpful but I don't really want to pay for speed camera alerts after the initial 3 months. My old TomTom has them built in and apart from being upgraded a couple times, the alerts are always on it.

I don't think they should have speed camera alerts, if you're speeding you shouldn't be warned. I don't mean for the people who stick to the speed limit but want to be warned that they're one or two miles over, I mean for the persistent offenders who will end up killing someone some day.

I've got an old TomTom One, with a tiny screen. I've had it yonks and recently it has started to let me down; switching itself off half way to a destination, not holding a charge, that sort of thing. I thought this TSV might be a good replacement - I especially like the spoken street names, advance lane warning and the larger screen.
Mr L got the top of the range Go 6000 model for Xmas, with live traffic info etc and says it's a huge improvement on his original model, which I bought for him when they first came onto the market. However, since I retired, I'm only an occasional driver, so the TSV looks perfect for me.

I have ordered mine, with the FREE P&P I felt that all I had to lose was the return P&P if it didn't live up to expectations.
I have never ventured into the world of Sat Navs before so it will be interesting to see how I get on with it, I will report back and let you know how it is going. and if I decide to keep it after the 30 days are up.

Watched the midnight launch and saw the brand ambassador and said to myself

''hang on... aren't you the Samsung guy''

yet they will have two people represent no no/phil kingsley/etc in the same ****** show.

Did anyone hear Jill Franks on the LR show just prior to the launch of the TSV? After a trailer for the Tom Tom she went on and on about how she couldnt live without a Sat Nav in fact she was so dependant on it that she had 2 YES TWO in her car, 1 as a back up!!

Apparently she was in such a muddle that Larry bought her one for her birthday and it has been her saviour.

Now call me cynical but does anyone believe that JF would get a sat nav for her birthday? Mulbury bags, Tiffany jewellery yes but a Sat Nav no way.

Actually when I'm ranting - how annoying was JF and the stand in for Nicki they were like silly school girls and if JF had flicked that hair once more I was going to fire something at the screen. For years we called her "Flicky" in our house but either she stopped it or I didnt watch her much but I don't think it was ever as bad as last night. I dont think it is helped by the long fringe swept to the side. Sorry to say but she is getting pretty rough looking.

Did anyone hear Jill Franks on the LR show just prior to the launch of the TSV? After a trailer for the Tom Tom she went on and on about how she couldnt live without a Sat Nav in fact she was so dependant on it that she had 2 YES TWO in her car, 1 as a back up!!

Apparently she was in such a muddle that Larry bought her one for her birthday and it has been her saviour.

Now call me cynical but does anyone believe that JF would get a sat nav for her birthday? Mulbury bags, Tiffany jewellery yes but a Sat Nav no way.

Actually when I'm ranting - how annoying was JF and the stand in for Nicki they were like silly school girls and if JF had flicked that hair once more I was going to fire something at the screen. For years we called her "Flicky" in our house but either she stopped it or I didnt watch her much but I don't think it was ever as bad as last night. I dont think it is helped by the long fringe swept to the side. Sorry to say but she is getting pretty rough looking.

Personally I wouldn't believe JF is she said that Saturday followed Friday, she's totally disingenuous and is economical with the truth. She doesn't realise that to be a good liar, you need a good memory.

Watched the midnight launch and saw the brand ambassador and said to myself

''hang on... aren't you the Samsung guy''

yet they will have two people represent no no/phil kingsley/etc in the same ****** show.

Yes James is the Samsung guy now. But he was Tom Tom for absolutely ages. I think he has just expanded a bit.

aww!! glad i could help funny i live in Exeter (which is quite near plymouth)

Small world indeed I grew up 5 miles from Exeter in a little town beginning with T and ending in M. Love Exeter great memories of my time at Exeter college and all those drunken nights out.

I need a new sat nav too mine must be over 10 years old. Haven't had chance to watch today, is this tom tom any good? The review someone left is poor.

Last edited:
Small world indeed I grew up 5 miles from Exeter in a little town beginning with T and ending in M. Love Exeter great memories of my time at Exeter college and all those drunken nights out.

I need a new sat nav too mine must be over 10 years old. Haven't had chance to watch today, is this tom tom any good? The review someone left is poor.

WOW!! it is small indeed when you chat to people on here like that

How is everyone getting on with their satnav? I dithered a bit, then decided to buy one as I can return if not suitable. Not sure about it. The enclosed instruction leaflet was next to useless. The online PDF info is not very helpful, either. A resounding positive - It picks up location very quickly - my little TomTom One takes ages to load up, so that's a vast improvement. The screen doesn't flip as was stated on the presentation. The satnav itself will rotate but not the screen. I have seen a video review on line of the Start 60 and the screen flipped (like an iPhone) but it must have been an older model. The screen isn't very responsive and there is a time lag from touching the screen to it performing the request, meaning if I have tapped it a few times due to frustration, it inadvertently opens another screen page!
I don't have similar 3D screen pictures as shown on the box, either. Mine just looks like a street map so what is the 3D about? I do like that it has the written and spoken street names. I can't find the icon for battery life anywhere on it. I miss the written summary preview of routes that I have on my little TomTom One when deciding on alternate routes. I can't figure out the warning audible sounds - I had a choice on my older satnav. Finally, it is heavy and quite big and cumbersome. I think it will be going back :(

:mysmilie_468:Had mine stolen on Sunday. Visiting in laws in West Midlands (Black Country) and taking them out to lunch so DH opened the windows on the car, parked on the drive for 30 minutes before we left since it was such a hot day. Of course when we came to leave it had gone! A reminder to us why we left the area behind before starting a family never an opportunity to thieve is passed up.

Still got an easy pay left to make that will really rub it in.

:mysmilie_468:Had mine stolen on Sunday. Visiting in laws in West Midlands (Black Country) and taking them out to lunch so DH opened the windows on the car, parked on the drive for 30 minutes before we left since it was such a hot day. Of course when we came to leave it had gone! A reminder to us why we left the area behind before starting a family never an opportunity to thieve is passed up.

Still got an easy pay left to make that will really rub it in.

Blimey! That was quick, and cheeky! Sorry to hear that.

Latest posts

Back