TomTom Start 50 Sat Nav TSV 02/10/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TomTom Start 50 5" Sat Nav with Lifetime Live Traffic & EU Maps
Item Number: 508866
QVC Price £121.00
Todays Special Value Price £99.96
P&P £6.95

The fast, clear and easy-to-use TomTom Start 50 satellite navigation system features an extra-wide 5" touch screen, a host of clever functions - including lifetime live traffic information that updates every 15 minutes, advanced lane guidance and tap and go - plus lifetime UK and Western Europe map updates. Whether you're driving familiar routes or venturing somewhere new, enjoy peace of mind and increased confidence with this feature-packed sat nav.

Easy instructions - with clear advanced lane guidance, 3D representation of junctions and optional voice instructions, the TomTom Start acts like your own personal navigator. Plus, with spoken street names and an intuitive Quick Search function too, it clearly and precisely guides you on every journey.

Maps galore - as well as providing maps for the UK plus 45 different European countries, the Start 50 includes access to map updates for the lifetime of the device, so you can be confident of keeping up to date with the latest information.

Less stress, more safety - advanced lane guidance clearly shows which lane to take at junctions, meaning no last-minute panics, lane-changes or missed turnings.

Live traffic updates - IQ Routes uses data collected from TomTom users to accurately calculate the travel time of your route, allowing for rush hour, traffic lights, and even shopping crowds. The RDS-TMC receiver gives you live traffic updates every 15 minutes, allowing you to be rerouted on a faster alternative route and get to your destination on time (or before)!

Save time and money - Eco Routes helps you find more fuel-efficient routes that save you money, as well as reducing your impact on the environment. The device also has speed camera locations, and warns you of other alerts, including fixed speed cameras for the road ahead.

Intuitive user interface so it can be used straight out of the box with no set-up
IQ Routes provides accurate journey times and information on points of interest, including phone numbers and opening times
Smart Extras include Frequent Destinations and Parking Assist to locate nearby car parks
Integrated mount
Extra-wide 5" LCD touchscreen

What’s in the box?

TomTom Start 50 sat nav
Micro USB cable
USB car charger
EasyPort Mount
Quick start guide
Traffic receiver

Features:

Lifetime Maps - always drive with the latest map
Lifetime Live Traffic Updates - the RDS-TMC Receiver gives you real time traffic information that updates every 15 minutes, as well as options to reroute you on your journey
Advance Lane Guidance - clearly see which lane to take at key junctions
Spoken Street Names - helps you keep your eyes on the road
Tap & Go - tap on the map and you're on your way
Points of Interest - see places of interest around you including their opening times and phone numbers
QuickGPSfix - speeds up the time it takes to fix your GPS position
Eco Routes - offers the most fuel-efficient directions
Speed camera alerts
IQ Routes Technology - uses data collected from users to accurately calculate the travel time of your route
My Places - see your favourite locations on the map
My Routes - save, retrieve and edit your routes

Technical specifications:

Screen: 5" LCD 16:9 widescreen (480p x 272p)
Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
Battery life: up to 2 hours
Internal memory: 4GB (expandable via SD card slot)
Sat nav (h x w x d): 22cm x 14.4cm x 9cm (8.7" x 5.7" x 3.5")
Weight: 235g

Input/output:

1 x micro SD slot

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.508866

I thought the guy who demos the Tom Tom was an actual Tom Tom employee but am I wrong in that as, later on, I saw him demonstrating the Samsung TV?

I was surprised my other half actually got me to order this for him!

Well it arrived Tuesday and I have returned last night!
Other half said typical QVC selling old technology, he used to go to and from work and only told him there was a problem when he had been sitting in traffic for more than 5 minutes!

Latest posts

Back