Top Of The Flops

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember Landers Star fashion collection by Audrey Landers.The big selling point being she was in Dallas,can't remember the character she played,but much was made of it by Q.

Oh yes, I remember, think she appeared once with her mother standing vacantly grinning behind her.

Also remember a young girl bringing a fashion jewellery range called Pirate Verte. One show and then gone forever.

I liked Robert Maccannel the guest for Property of a Lady jewellery range (years ago). I still wear some of the pieces from the range (Last Clicks bargains). He's a presenter on Canadian Shopping TV now.

Lola Rose had a range of soaps, hand creams, bath stuff etc but never made a big impact. Not sure if there was ever a dedicated show?

I remember a YBF fashion range by Stacey that had poor reviews and ended up in clearance for ages and Ciate nail polishes. I don't think I've seen those since a Christmas set of minis last year. There's bound to be more suggestions to follow !

shes wearing the job lot now so not wasted after all

I also remember the Amaya candles that were meant to be the bees knees! Also I wonder what happened to Kimberley Selwood jewellery? I nearly bought a ring of hers, shaped like an arum lily. I looked at the online views and didn't bother. I'm not surprised Liz Earle make up hardly airs anymore, it's rubbish like their new shower nectar. It's appalling, doesn't lather up and smells synthetic. That's never on air anymore but my advise would be to give it and the matching body cream a wide berth.

Oh I forgot to add where are Prestigio with their rubbish tablets and smart phones. Their tablet I bought 2 years ago and it really is one of the worse things I have ever bought. I really hope QVC don't get them on again with a TSV near Christmas. I really hate that people will be duped into buying this rubbish like I was!

I liked Kimberly Selwood silver jewellery

Yes I have a pair of her flower silver earrings but she would probably have to vary her range to continue sales to the volume that Q would expect.I like Aurora but have 1 piece & that's enough for me.Lola Rose has moved on from her initial designs and diversified quite a lot.I wonder what Q would be like to work with --expect they would be up there with the most exacting High St. stores squeezing on price etc.!
Off topic! when I see Dennis basso on screen I imagine him looking at a monitor giving the sales & cash he is raking in.

I remember when they had the Pro Active skin care range ( its on lots of infomercials ) It was only on for a few shows and disappeared. Boots now sell it.

I also remember the Amaya candles that were meant to be the bees knees! Also I wonder what happened to Kimberley Selwood jewellery? I nearly bought a ring of hers, shaped like an arum lily. I looked at the online views and didn't bother. I'm not surprised Liz Earle make up hardly airs anymore, it's rubbish like their new shower nectar. It's appalling, doesn't lather up and smells synthetic. That's never on air anymore but my advise would be to give it and the matching body cream a wide berth.

Pia jewellery have lily-shaped silver items atm, earrings and a ring http://www.piajewellery.com/page/find/?name=lilies&page=1 I'm not sure how many branches they have on the dreaded high street but you might be able to see them in the flesh if there's a shop near you. As with qvc it's hard to tell how big/ small or weighty/tinny they are from a photo in a catalogue or on the T'interweb.

I learnt very quickly on Q to judge the size of stones from the model/presenters nails which was a measurement I could easily equate to whilst watching.

The ranges I can remember are: Moonstone bags, Tula bags, Tigliuanelo (?) Bags, a book reader aka Kindle, Joseph Esposito jewellery, and very resently Jackie Kennedy collection. Joan Rivers collection.

i liked carol smith crafting kits with dozens of projects that i completed many years after i bought it. also the old fashioned xmas gifts for children. my daughter was mad over a pinball machine on i bought on qvc.

The ranges I can remember are: Moonstone bags, Tula bags, Tigliuanelo (?) Bags, a book reader aka Kindle, Joseph Esposito jewellery, and very resently Jackie Kennedy collection. Joan Rivers collection.

I bought the Kindle the weird part was it worked out cheaper than Amazon, with the extras and four easy pay!!!!! :mysmilie_14: It had nothing but 5 star reviews, but I think Amazon decided not to give it to QVC any more. I love mine.

Remember AstroLift skin care big build up and bang now loads for months in TKMaxx.

When I first started watching Q, Beth Terrell was on all the time. I purchased a suede washable messenger type bag but I never knew if it washed or not as the handbag hardware/jewellery (God don't you hate both those terms) went all funny and sort of rusty, without the red IYKWIM, fairly quickly and was chucked out.

Mind you one or two items were in clearance for years and years after she had left.

Latest posts

Back