ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tree Peony 3 Bare Roots Collection
Item Number: 563556
QVC Price £22.00
One Time Only Price £17.98
Availability In stock
UK P&P £4.45

Fill your garden with a profusion of gorgeous colour with this Tree Peony three Bareroots Collection. Easy to look after and so satisfying to grow, the Tree Peony is a classic garden plant that provides vivid colour year after year. This delightful collection includes the bright white fully-petalled Xiang Yu, the deep burgundy of Guan Shi Mo with a contrasting yellow eye, and the beautiful pink hue of Wu Long Peng. Direct despatch: UK mainland. Please allow 7-10 working days for delivery.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.563556

not a bad price for a tree peony BUT ive never had much joy with stuff sent out........rough as you know whats.......

My tree peony's which were the tsv last year are actually starting to shoot again now. Fingers crossed I get more success with them this year than last where I managed just one flower between all three!!!!

I got the 3 tree peonys the year before last so this is now their 3rd year. Had absolutely nothing on them for the last two years but at the weekend I noticed all 3 have either 1 or 2 decent sized flower buds on them :mysmilie_82:
I've no idea if it's too early ( probably is ) and they'll drop off :mysmilie_73: Or maybe the cold winter has done them good because I think they come from the mountainous regions of China?

My mum's tree peonies arrived covered in mildew! She has told QVC who have allowed her to plant them and call back within 3 months if they die, but to receive them like that does not exactly inspire confidence!

Peonies can take a few years to get established before they will flower, and they don't like being moved. I think it's too wet to be planting them yet, as it takes the bare roots a few weeks to come to life and in the meantime they could rot if your soil is as sodden as mine is.

I wouldn't buy them yet but it would be an idea to plant them in a deep pot of good compost and keep them sheltered until they sprout through the soil then plant them out. Feed them with rose or tomato food to produce more flowers.

I got the 3 tree peonys the year before last so this is now their 3rd year. Had absolutely nothing on them for the last two years but at the weekend I noticed all 3 have either 1 or 2 decent sized flower buds on them :mysmilie_82:
I've no idea if it's too early ( probably is ) and they'll drop off :mysmilie_73: Or maybe the cold winter has done them good because I think they come from the mountainous regions of China?

marley
not trying to teach grandma to suck eggs as the saying goes but my own from china brought back by a 'friend' on a plant hunting treck......its dies back by about 80% but ive new shoots starting out now that i thought way back when...they were flower buds & turned out they wernt............hope they are growing tips as the buds will come along soon enough & please feed them as well.......

I brought these last year and had not one flower between them and this year they are still just dead looking sticks.
I can only hope that they spring back to life once we have some warmer weather.

Latest posts

Back