Troll beads, Pandora, Love, Bum and now 'Prerogatives' on QVC...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
.... having just been looking at some bracelet beads in a shop and hub's saying 'you probably won't wear it', I now see QVC are selling their own version called Prerogatives. Thought ummm that'll be interesting, how much will the P&P for each bead be and I see it's 1p, (good call) and now I'm tempted BUT my thinking is. If you order a bracelet and loads of beads, how do you stand with the 30MBG? I don't know how many beads you need for a bracelet (anyone got a similar one?), but say if I don't like it and return it, will they see it as say 20 returns and then I'm banned forever and also waiting ages for 20 returns or do they see it as one return?? Might be a question to ask them.

Check out the new beads -

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.a...ah.UKJE-UK582?cm_re=Panels-_-6-_-Prerogatives

What do you think?

Interesting I have a Prerogatives bracelet from the US (about 6-8 years old) but it's a leather strap with silver sliders, some set with tiny semi-precious cabochons. You've just reminded me I'll have to dig it out for an airing.

Hmmmm these troll type beads are another emperors new clothes item to me. I have a friend who buys similar silver/glass beads and bracelets from china (tested as sterling silver) for pennies and sells them at car boots. She put a bracelet together for me and it came to less than a £1, far less infact.
The mark-up and profit Pandora and similar companies make on the back of their self-proclaimed collectable beads must be phenomenal.:cash:

They're nice enough but I just think no one wil be wearing them in 5 or 10 years time.

Jude xx

Its taken QVC quite a long time to get on the Pandora lookalike bandwagon. Gems TV do it and there are other lookalikes. As someone once said to me "pandora is just expensive ****". FOr £20 in John Lewis you can buy one ready made, admittedly it is not silver but looks the part.

a friend on mine is heavily into the pandora and has loads of bracelets. what gets me is how heavy they are when she has loads of "beads" or "charms" on them. I seriously could not stand that weight on my... to be fair... very little and leightweight wrists lol

I like the idea of these beads but everyone is wearing them, a bit like that awful trend a few years back for the lop sided heart hanging off a chain (I assume it was a designer influenced thing).

I can only echo the previous poster who said look on ebay, you can get job lots of very pretty beads and chains from China for pence.

If anyone is thinking of trying QVC's selection I just thought I'd let you know about Cookson's selection as their prices are wholesale but you can still buy from them and pay one lost of postage! Not sure about their 'returns' conditions as I've never returned anything - I buy a lot of my jewellery tools/materials from there but they also sell finished jewellery which is very good quality - and I used to work there!! This is the link to the charm beads and they also sell the bracelets and necklaces at a good price - all hallmarked Sterling Silver too so you know what you're getting. http://www.cooksongold.com/Charm-Beads/

Thanks for your help, hearing they're pennies from China and heavy and everyone has one has put me off!

Watched a video recently, possibly Pixie Lott, and she had a ring on with her initial made from a Scrabble piece. Why not follow trend, buy a box of Scrabble, piercing tool and cord and make yourself a lightweight bracelet! You could do your name, a greeting or even alter the message daily for a really non-predictable look!!!!!!!! We could start a trend, the secret ST forum society, only members recognise each other because of their Scrabble pieces. Would be interested to hear what people think, or not!!!!!!!!!:handshake:
There is no icon for a slipper or a rolled down sock or a compass, only the handshake, sorry :doh::doh::doh:

If anyone is thinking of trying QVC's selection I just thought I'd let you know about Cookson's selection as their prices are wholesale but you can still buy from them and pay one lost of postage! Not sure about their 'returns' conditions as I've never returned anything - I buy a lot of my jewellery tools/materials from there but they also sell finished jewellery which is very good quality - and I used to work there!! This is the link to the charm beads and they also sell the bracelets and necklaces at a good price - all hallmarked Sterling Silver too so you know what you're getting. http://www.cooksongold.com/Charm-Beads/

Thanks for that link maidmarian :clapping:

Watched a video recently, possibly Pixie Lott, and she had a ring on with her initial made from a Scrabble piece. Why not follow trend, buy a box of Scrabble, piercing tool and cord and make yourself a lightweight bracelet! You could do your name, a greeting or even alter the message daily for a really non-predictable look!!!!!!!! We could start a trend, the secret ST forum society, only members recognise each other because of their Scrabble pieces. Would be interested to hear what people think, or not!!!!!!!!!:handshake:
There is no icon for a slipper or a rolled down sock or a compass, only the handshake, sorry :doh::doh::doh:

I'll aim for a triple word score on bank holidays and for special occasions :cake:

Jude xx

although my first impression,is they're a bit behind the times with this "fashion" - I do remeber them doing rather expensive bracelets early on,and claudia raving over them - but as SCW said - they didn't seem to fair too well.

Oh my ... another jewellery channel at one time had charms on offer and I thought they looked interesting and pretty but calculated that if I put together a bracelet "full" of charms it would have amounted to about £100. Maybe you're not supposed to fill up the length of the bracelet but do something stylishly designerish with 3 or 4 charms. But those charms averaged £5 each with choices of glass, semi precious stones and sterling silver. These on QVC are really pricey ... maybe they're extra special. :cool:

Thanks for that link maidmarian :clapping:

No problems, wine!! They make their own chains, jewellery etc. (I've bought lots of their silver and gold chain in the past) and at least being hallmarked you know it's 'proper' Sterling Silver, rather than something a bit 'iffy' from abroad! Although I guess that might be okay anyway.:wink: I though Cookson's were good prices if anyone wanted to try one of those type of bracelets, as I've been tempted myself. I've looked at the Pandora, Trollbeads etc. and I was very interested in QVC's 'Prerogatives' range too but Cookson's are so much cheaper. I like the Clogau Gold 'Milestones' bracelet idea - I think QVC stock some of the beads/charms but it would cost hundreds and hundreds to make up a decent charm bracelet!! Then you might go off the idea anyway.

.... having just been looking at some bracelet beads in a shop and hub's saying 'you probably won't wear it', I now see QVC are selling their own version called Prerogatives. Thought ummm that'll be interesting, how much will the P&P for each bead be and I see it's 1p, (good call) and now I'm tempted BUT my thinking is. If you order a bracelet and loads of beads, how do you stand with the 30MBG? I don't know how many beads you need for a bracelet (anyone got a similar one?), but say if I don't like it and return it, will they see it as say 20 returns and then I'm banned forever and also waiting ages for 20 returns or do they see it as one return?? Might be a question to ask them.

Check out the new beads -

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.a...ah.UKJE-UK582?cm_re=Panels-_-6-_-Prerogatives

What do you think?

i would go on an auction site & but from hong kong or china for a FRACTION of the price.they say 925 silver but it isnt...however the beads are quite nice....[ well most of them are ]..have a look on you tube & see donna dewberry's demoing on painting.she wears loads of them in colours to match outfits.....as theyre loaded on im guessing that even she has been bidding /buy it now......just also to say had some quite a while & they look good & not discoloured or turned me green

Trollbeads were the first.

Pandora and alike have gone mad over the last 5 years, popping up everwhere !!!

But Trollbeads have been around for nearly thirty years so my loyalty stays with them. Each to your own I guess...

H

Latest posts

Back