Trousers !!! Enough !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
What's going on ? we appear to have a breeding programme of trousers in all different forms.

No fashion programme is now complete unless there are at least 4 different style/length/type/colour/fabric of legwear, whether its a full blown trouser or legging/jegging type being offered. AND the models are in complete trouser overdrive with killer heels when modelling tops, tunics and everything else !

Not one show has been trouser free of late, and I've said this before, they are THE most boring item of fashion that can be described. NOTHING nice can be said about any of them. My eyes glaze over as soon as I see the dark, boring legs hanging down from the hanger; its then that I switch over.

How many maxi skirts have we seen this year - barely any, and now its going to get worse as we head into autumn and winter.

Ha ha .Yes ,I like trousers but there's only so much you can do to make them appear different.A few longer well cut skirts would not go amiss but not Michelle Hopes frilly ones........

Lets face it ,apart from Marla Wynne most of the fashion shows could be rolled into one and no one would notice the difference.

I agree. More actual Summer wear for those who want to buy it. Yesterday there were some trousers on that in my opinion were horrible. Both on the more slender model and on the larger model. They had several in shorter style as are many on now but so boringly unflattering. I didn't like the horrible tops they put with them either.

Worse still is that the usually say 'a trouser' instead of 'trousers', drives me insane.

They look so ridiculous on the tall models, the hems are at 'half mast' as my Mum used to say, made even worse by the shoes - towering heels, high heel gladiator styles or flats, none are the right style for trouser(s).

I think the problem is they are all so boring !! I have bought DG in the past but not recently ...the choice is dire I can only comment on that brand as I haven`t bought any other from QVC When Diane used to come occasionally she would bring a more expensive pair that was a bit different ..... at the moment I think they are just selling and trying to wind down the stock they have ...I doubt we`ll see her again!!

Where are the skirts? Many brands used to offer skirts, but these days it seems to be only Michele Hope.

The biggest problem with the trousers is that for far too many brands they are not trousers, they are leggings, jeggings and treggings.

If they were not all made of the ubiquitous polyester-elastane mix and there were some linen-mix, or cotton-mix, or wool-mix trousers... and they were offered in a better range of fits. What I particularly resent is that you can get better quality for a fraction of the price elsewhere, yet they have the bare-faced cheek to say the opposite!

I quite like watching the fashion shows, (just for a laugh) especially the one size fits all, the many silly looking trousers and the I have just got out of bed tops lol. I feel very well dressed when I watch qvc fashion. lol

This morning ,Quackery factory's cut off pedal pushers with scollaped hems are not only boring but hilarious.They should be for children not adults.Who would wear them.

I don't wear skirts or dresses, so I didn't notice that there has been a strong bias towards trousers. I'm usually only half-watching, though, so maybe the whole thing did roll into one for me, Turandot!

I thought Kate (Nina Leonard) looked really good today, in her wider-leg 'pants'.

I just don't get the leggings thing. The skin-tight looked has never worked for me (makes me look like a lollipop),and I don't think I've ever seen anyone look good in them. I don't like my trousers too wide (definite trip-hazard), so I'm very grateful to Joanna Hope! Wonder if she's related to Michele?

EllieM - no, many years ago I emailed Michelle Hope's company asking if Joanna Hope was any relation, and the reply came back as 'no'. Hell of a coincidence that both fashion groups have a somewhat unusual name for a brand, and Michelle and Joanna are names that are associated with a certain age group, so who knows.

This morning ,Quackery factory's cut off pedal pushers with scollaped hems are not only boring but hilarious.They should be for children not adults.Who would wear them.

Ahh, but take a trip around the theme parks of the U.S and you are generally met with the sight of large American ladies squeezed into 'pedal pushers' - another instance where the 'fashion' is aimed at middle aged America.

I thought Cate (Nina Leonard) looked good today - the clothes seemed to fit her better and consequently she looked better. I can't wear any of these nylon stretchy things in the summer as I just melt and they stick to me. OK in the winter though. I wish they would do more cotton/mix things as they are much more comfortable but of course they don't stretch so they would have to do a bigger range of sizes.

CC

I thought Cate (Nina Leonard) looked good today - the clothes seemed to fit her better and consequently she looked better. I can't wear any of these nylon stretchy things in the summer as I just melt and they stick to me. OK in the winter though. I wish they would do more cotton/mix things as they are much more comfortable but of course they don't stretch so they would have to do a bigger range of sizes.

CC

And what on earth would they do to fill in all the time the models/guests/presenters now spend showing us how much it stretches? Give us size details maybe? No such luck.

Latest posts

Back