trousers trousers and more trousers....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I see Quacker are on today, and looking at their site, the new items appear to be jeans and more jeans. Whjat IS it with all the 'fashion' labels, they are concentrating more and more on trousers/jeans/jeggings. They are the worst item to get the fit right yet from MWynne to Ruth Langsford and all the others, their hour long programmes give over a lot of time to them, and then my eyes glaze over.

Personally I wont entertain any that dont have pockets, and we are all different shapes so no fashion brand can cater for everyone. I prefer ankle length but the thighs/hips and waist never match up - baggy waist and tight hips and belly. So I find it a minefield.

Agree re shape. My hips are much larger than my waist size so I have to take a substantial bit off the waist (ashamed to say some have had to be let out recently).

A few years ago Marks did different cuts to suit various shapes, I remember Marilyn (as in Munro) was one, and I had better luck. I think they have done this again but nothing as good as those I purchased.

All clothes no matter the price tag are very hit and miss for continuity of sizing.

I see Quacker are on today, and looking at their site, the new items appear to be jeans and more jeans. Whjat IS it with all the 'fashion' labels, they are concentrating more and more on trousers/jeans/jeggings. They are the worst item to get the fit right yet from MWynne to Ruth Langsford and all the others, their hour long programmes give over a lot of time to them, and then my eyes glaze over.

Personally I wont entertain any that dont have pockets, and we are all different shapes so no fashion brand can cater for everyone. I prefer ankle length but the thighs/hips and waist never match up - baggy waist and tight hips and belly. So I find it a minefield.
Finding a trouser type that suits you is a bit of a mission. M&S were always reliable then something went wrong & I've bought some acceptable ones from Sainsburys. Strangely my Mr T's never had an issue, just looks for waist & leg measurements.

Always find Kim & Co. trousers fit well.

It always annoys me that plus size companies assume that if you are bigger you must be tall and big all over but fairly solid when in reality a lot are short fat and flabby.

Yes, there is clearly just one pattern size that gets enlarged all over regardless of shape. I'm 5'7 with average arm length, but a 3/4 sleeve on a large top/jacket is about the right just above the cuff length for me.

I've just received a couple of items from Kaleid0scope tops that fit great. HOWEVER, lessons learned from the past, despite me being anywhere between an 18-22 depending on make, I always order a size 26 YEP a 26 from this company because a 22 would barely fit a size 18, so it really is hit and miss. Trousers I would rather try on in the shop than spend money on 2 lots of p & p returning to Q.

Never buy trousers from QVC as they never fit properly and they are too much money. The stretchy material type are horrendeous on me unless they are the wide palazzo type. Sizing within different brands is mad as well. I need an XS in some brands and a L in others.

CC

I like to go to Florida every couple of years and usually stock up on clothes for my sister and me.

I've noticed that many stores/brands do the same designs in petit, standard and tall. Across all sizes. So a short tubby woman could wear a size 22 petit and the garment would be properly proportioned. Ditto with a tall slim woman - size 8 tall.

I absolutely hate buying trousers. They are either too tight or too loose ( have feeling it is going to be the former at the moment) Have just ordered 2 pairs from Landsend as I like their jeans but need some lighter weight & they have 40% off at the moment.If I found a good fit I would order in every colour even if more expensive.I do not do crops or ankle length either.

The only jeans I had any satisfaction with were Guardier jeans, always a perfect fit for me, but expensive and I had to try them on in the shop, like you SF I would be a few pairs and they would last me years. (had to they were so ****** expensive)

The only jeans I had any satisfaction with were Guardier jeans, always a perfect fit for me, but expensive and I had to try them on in the shop, like you SF I would be a few pairs and they would last me years. (had to they were so ****** expensive)

yes I have always intended to try these, am I right they are German? I used to love German clothes then I was working but the waist to hip ratio was too straight for me.I had tight hips and over large waist.I used to get away with it for the styling.My wardrobe these days is far from that standard but does not need to be, relax!I would still pay the money because I am not into throw away fashion even now.

Yes. I used to get them in Fenwicks Brent Cross, and when I started travelling to Switzerland on a regular basis they were almost every fashion shop - but twice the price.

Latest posts

Back