Trying to think of a skincare range that QVC used to sell.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Daisygirl

Registered Shopper
but can I think of the name of it? No!!! It was an American brand, well I remember an American presenter being on, and you only needed a miniscule amount on the skin, and yes, claimed to work miracles. That's the one thing that sticks in my mind about it - the tiny dot like amount you had to use and it was something to do with molecules, or, you know, something that NASA created or something :dull:

Can anyone put me out of my misery and tell me the name of it .... please? (No I'm not thinking of getting it anywhere lol it's just driving me mad :thinking:)

I think your thinking of Bionova. A lady with dark hair used to represent it. They said you used a tiny amount and the nano molecules worked differenlty with the skin than other more moisturising brands. It was quite expensive and I never tried it as I remember them saying you may go through a few weeks of breakouts or flakiness while the product works which never really appealed to me.

I think your thinking of Bionova. A lady with dark hair used to represent it. They said you used a tiny amount and the nano molecules worked differenlty with the skin than other more moisturising brands. It was quite expensive and I never tried it as I remember them saying you may go through a few weeks of breakouts or flakiness while the product works which never really appealed to me.

That was it!! Thank you, thought I was dreaming when just popped into my head the other day! I remember it was soooooooooooooooooooo expensive as well - I'm talking extortionate - they couldn't have sold much :flower:

I tried it - was quite pleased with the results but no better than some of the other lines. I think I have seen it in Peter Jones. :smirk:

That was it!! Thank you, thought I was dreaming when just popped into my head the other day! I remember it was soooooooooooooooooooo expensive as well - I'm talking extortionate - they couldn't have sold much :flower:

Oh, yes Bionova! They did manage to sell quite a bit to me:blush::blush:...and how regretful, too! Not just for the fact that I've managed to waste a small fortune and be gullibly taken in by their scientific mumbo jumbo, but worse still, it sensitised my skin horribly and ever since I've suffered frequent skin allergies! That taught me a lesson not to believe much what is being said on a (here is a clue for me:grin:) shopping channel.

It was couple of years after starting shopping with QVC and at a point where I've started to see the first signs of ageing appear:devil: Having already tried all the major brands that Q offers and not seeing a tremendous difference, I fell for the 'out of this world science' spiel. Nana was the guest presenter (the daughter of the CEO chief scientist) and she had flawless skin which I naively thought was down to her using her dad's little jars (not a chance!).

Anyway, I had about 10-11 little jars and pump bottles (I really must have been completely nuts:wonder:!!) all for different parts of my face (what was that all about??) and used it faithfully and exclusively for nearly a year. Looking back, my skin was actually worse than ever with Bionova, but I allowed myself to be persuaded by their customer service (yes I did contact them) that it takes time to let the miraculous nano ingredients do their job.

So I went along with it for far too long and as I say toward the end my skin started to react badly. They tried to persuade me again that it wasn't the products fault, but that perhaps I was applying too much of the creams on my skin. Well, all I can say is this: if I was to apply any less than what I was already using at the time it would have been the case of 'Emperor's Clothes' syndrome, i.e. nothing there at all and only pretending to dab a product. I was using minuscule amounts, anyway.

Can't recommend Bionova at all. Feel very resentful that I have been so stupidly naive and trusting and allowed to be taken for a ride by these people. This really was live and learn experience for me :headbang:

oddly enough i used decleor and elemis. more elemis for well over a year and my skin was greasy,spotty and heavily scarred.

before that it was quite good but i fell for the premium rang clap trap.used avon for years and everyone would comment on how good my skin is.

now i use alpha-h and my skin is amazing.

i think that a lot of brands have too many ingredients that are actually not that active in a positive way and are just smells and textures and fancy hype and packaging.:confused:

Hi

MMmm well it proves we are all different and there shall never be one skin care product to suit us all. I had tried all the skincare products on qvc - and had eventually settled on alpha h being the best of the bunch (all ready done all the high street brands expensive and cheap - no joy there). But I still had blackheads, acne spots and an oily skin - but now my skin was also started to age - my upper lip had developed vertical lines - tried other products - I kept the lines and gained a whole new set of spots! Tried a trial pack of bionova - and wow! No longer an oily skin, my upper lip is brill and I no longer have any acne spots - a few blackheads remain - but there was also a textural change in my skin - it felt more spongy it felt like a normal skin. I was so impressed I now order the stuff from the states and go for there custom blends - and again more improvement. I now use my ultra sun in the day time and the bionova on a night (The bionova eyemake remover knocks the socks off florcil) - I am occasionally tempted to try other ranges - but my skin slowly reverts back - and the spots and the greasiness return. Cost wise - a standard £60, 14 gram jar face moisturiser last me eight months, the same size eye cream 2 years. They also make the only neck moisturiser I can use - all the other bring me out in massive numbers of skin tags - their moisturiser doesn't and reduces the size and the number of tags present. Even with all the tat that QVC bring these days - I will always be grateful for them for introducing me to this range.

but can I think of the name of it? No!!! It was an American brand, well I remember an American presenter being on, and you only needed a miniscule amount on the skin, and yes, claimed to work miracles. That's the one thing that sticks in my mind about it - the tiny dot like amount you had to use and it was something to do with molecules, or, you know, something that NASA created or something :dull:

Can anyone put me out of my misery and tell me the name of it .... please? (No I'm not thinking of getting it anywhere lol it's just driving me mad :thinking:)

Was it Karen Hertzog?

Latest posts

Back