Umm I thought the presenters were wealthy?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry to say but 'Residential Care' is not free in Scotland, it's 'means' tested and the majority pay the full rate. Personal care in the home is free to all regardless of income, thankfully, but how much longer this can continue at it's present standard is questionable

Thanks Huggles, it was obviously personal care at home I was thinking of. I remember now looking into it when I was arranging home care for a very elderly friend. It's means tested here too and my friend had to pay almost the full rate as well.

I feel for you Maria. This heartbreaking scenario happens all the time in England and it truly is sickening and forcing people to sell their homes should be stopped. :angry: I believe residential care is free for anyone who needs it in Scotland (please correct me if I'm wrong) so why can it be made available there and not south of the border?? This is why I am determined to use the equity in my house whilst I am still young enough to benefit from it and if the day comes when I need care then the State can provide it. I've paid taxes since I was 16 and as far as I'm concerned I am entitled.

I would strongly recommend that you check the rules of notional capital, if you are deemed to have spent your capital in order to "take advantage" of the system they can assess you as if you still have the capital...... this means no matter that you have nothing, you or your family will still be charged as if what you had is still in your possession. Be careful!

They could assess me all they liked, if I hadn't got anything left they couldn't take it, and I have no family who would have to fork out for me.

They could assess me all they liked, if I hadn't got anything left they couldn't take it, and I have no family who would have to fork out for me.

Well said! and good for you! PP. I hate the way this B****Y country goes about things. :headbang::angry:

Latest posts

Back