Unsociable? Perhaps.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Is it just me, but if I ever need a returns label, or have any queries about an order, I prefer to send an email, rather than have to speak to someone about it. I know it's a freephone number, but that's just my character.

I always send emails to QVC rather than phoning because it gives me a record of when and what I've said in case they quibble. It also means I have a record of their replies.

I have to say Ideal World's CS always respond sensibly when I've had occasion to email them, whereas speaking to their call centre is never very easy to get my point across. I know their CS receives heavy criticism but I've found emailing is the way to get a prompt and helpful response.

I have to say Ideal World's CS always respond sensibly when I've had occasion to email them, whereas speaking to their call centre is never very easy to get my point across. I know their CS receives heavy criticism but I've found emailing is the way to get a prompt and helpful response.

IW CS is diabolical, i emailed them and phoned them over 12 times when they STOLE money from me and it take almost 2 months for me to get it back!! I'll never shop with them again. Wrong Forum i know, but still be aware of them!!!

I'm the same. Too many occasions when call centre staff have said one thing, and done another (or nothing at all). Emails are by definition a written record.
I do wish Q was faster at replying to them though.

They are slow at replying. The reason I don't shop with IW, is the appalling customer service.

It's not just Q, I never talk to real people if there's an alternative, no matter which company I'm dealing with. Unsociable? Absolutely!

Have to add that I often shop with IW and have always had very quick delivery and excellent service (so saying, everything I buy from now on will probably go pear-shaped!).

I avoid contact with unfamiliar people as much as possible in general. Obviously I'm sociable with friends, friends of friends, colleagues and the like, but dealing with strangers makes me nervous tbh. I'm pretty shy and entirely lacking in assertiveness so I find it a lot easier to stick to email as much as humanly possible. It's not like QVC customer service (in my experience) is remotely good, I've had loads of aggro with them, so it's a bit less intimidating to sort it out without having to physically talk to them.

Latest posts

Back