Upheld Complaints Against Sit-Up - 24 July 2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How about YOU provide US with some hard evidence that your the official regulator of shopping TV and owner of the worlds most accurate moral compass that you like to portray *yourself as? Maybe then people will bother to provide you with the 'hard evidence' you harp on and on about. *Until then * maybe you should stop presenting yourself as judge and Jury *and allow people to have an opinion without jumping down their throats and accept that you, like everyone else on here is just someone who watches and comments on a shopping channel.*

The evidence is there for everyone to see me duck. And I love opinions, even if they are never backed up with facts.

Here are some facts for you my darlink. Shameful.

http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/Advanced-Search.aspx?Start=7/30/2008&End=7/24/2013&Advertiser=Sit%20Up#results

I have a crack team on it of course .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

he absolutely does bing, you'd better believe it, I've got your back PJ, nothing to report at present, over and out! :cool: :bandit:

he absolutely does bing, you'd better believe it, I've got your back PJ, nothing to report at present, over and out! :cool: :bandit:

10-4 good buddy. All units stand down the pig is still in the mud. Keep all eyes on a person carrying muffins and fizzy wine ...

Quote Originally Posted by newtobid View Post
Pj

nothing has changed here

infact it is sad to see in the week or so i have ignored the forum it is basically full of posts were you and wirral gang up on bingowings

shame a lot of good posters appear to have gone or are in hiding (not myself others)

How many of my posts criticising bid have you read Pj because believe me there are plenty

I think bingowings gives as good as she gets, there is no ganging up it is just a bit of banter between people with opposing views. Of course if bingo was feeling ganged up on there is the report a post and belive me Graham and Sazza will treat it fairly and step in whre needed.

I am sure you have been critical of bid, I never said you haven't have I? :)

Hope you have a nice day,

PJ

I haven't been on this forum for quite a while too ntb and I agree with you that nothing seems to have changed while I've been gone
As PJ says, bingo can more than hold her own on here, she's a game girl with a wickedly funny sense of humour
So no, nothing has changed, I was LMAO at the banter between her and PJ and Wirral, it's hilarious
I think you need to learn about the concept of humour, banter, joking and teasing ntb, bingo's having fun on here, she's thriving on the banter and dishing it right back at us, we love her! nobody but nobody is ganging up on her

10-4 good buddy. All units stand down the pig is still in the mud. Keep all eyes on a person carrying muffins and fizzy wine ...

roger that
I've got it covered
the muffin is chocolate, repeat, the muffin is chocolate
over and out

that is your opinion deedee

certain posters making snide remarks back at myself and bingo who are then classed as "good banter"

were as other way it is abuse and hey surprise posts deleted within seconds

anyway the objective has been reached i am using the forum a lot less as there is little point debating with people who do not read the counter argument if indeed that is what i am providing

that is your opinion deedee

certain posters making snide remarks back at myself and bingo who are then classed as "good banter"

were as other way it is abuse and hey surprise posts deleted within seconds

anyway the objective has been reached i am using the forum a lot less as there is little point debating with people who do not read the counter argument if indeed that is what i am providing

ok so let's ask bings if she feels we're ganging up on her
yoohooo, oh bingo, wherefore art thou bingo? do you truly feel ganged up on my darling bingy wingy? :mysmilie_12:

certain people "play forums" very well and tread very close to the line

i cant be bothered to do that life is to short

Come on now Judge Judy! I know that you 'wanna be' members of officialdom and authority like to hold onto the past, but it's becoming a bit like a broken record now.

Cuts both ways my love - We ain't never gonna agree on this one. Bid etc HAVE improved, but they imo they do seem to be slipping back into their old ways, and they'll end up getting themselves taking off the air if they're not careful, it's not what I want, do you? I hate seeing deliberately misleading sales tactics.

ok so let's ask bings if she feels we're ganging up on her
yoohooo, oh bingo, wherefore art thou bingo? do you truly feel ganged up on my darling bingy wingy? :mysmilie_12:

I'm a big girl (literally) and can hold my own (turns to camera and gurns) but do I feel ganged up on? Nah! I feel out numbered, but im thick skinned and like the banter (obviously) dont worry about me NTB sweety. Although it's kind
that you dox

I'm a big girl (literally) and can hold my own (turns to camera and gurns) but do I feel ganged up on? Nah! I feel out numbered, but im thick skinned and like the banter (obviously) dont worry about me NTB sweety. Although it's kind
that you dox

that's my girl bingo, I knew I had you right, I knew you could look after yourself, have a wicked sense of humour and enjoy the banter
we love ya bings xxxx

Cuts both ways my love - We ain't never gonna agree on this one. Bid etc HAVE improved, but they imo they do seem to be slipping back into their old ways, and they'll end up getting themselves taking off the air if they're not careful, it's not what I want, do you? I hate seeing deliberately misleading sales tactics.

No it's not what I want either. But I am of the opinion that they have really changed and are making a huge effort to maintain their neW standards. Its actually awkward at times watching presenters treading on egg shells clearly terrified to say anything that could be misinterpreted. But Unfortunately for them their every action is now scrutinised and people
naturally think the worst whenever anything even slightly contentious happens. And with the ASA obviously having no patience with them anymore you get the feeling that complaint that a year or so ago they would have discussed and resolved they now just throw the book at them. They have dug their own hole and only have themselves to blame but do they deserve to be burried in it?

that you dox

OMG from now on I will refer to NTB as Dox and will always ask "eeeeh what's up dox" :p

PJ

I'd just like to make an announcement that I've bought the rights to the screenplay for this thread.

Bingowings - Dot Cotton
Peter Simon - Alfie
Mike Mason - Dirty Den

Episode one - the above characters are in the pub discussing the latest ASA announcement. Dirty Den re-equalises the drinking establishments sound system... and kills the speakers in the process. Dot is carried off in an ambulance as she tries to poke Wirral with knitting needles with the worry angel (voodoo doll) she believes is real.... and Alfie starts talking to the walls.

The show was shortly cancelled thereafter.

No it's not what I want either. But I am of the opinion that they have really changed and are making a huge effort to maintain their neW standards. Its actually awkward at times watching presenters treading on egg shells clearly terrified to say anything that could be misinterpreted. But Unfortunately for them their every action is now scrutinised and people
naturally think the worst whenever anything even slightly contentious happens. And with the ASA obviously having no patience with them anymore you get the feeling that complaint that a year or so ago they would have discussed and resolved they now just throw the book at them. They have dug their own hole and only have themselves to blame but do they deserve to be burried in it?

I totally agree about the awkwardness, and I really feel for the presenters who are making the effort...for example, James Russell and Sally Jacks, and no one's hoping they slip up, and if they do they always try to clarify what they meant to say, what irritates me is when eejits like Guy Keane sh*t all over everybody else's hard work by looking down the camera, making agressive gestures with his hands and telling us in no uncertain terms that we will be paying one price, when in fact you'll be paying almost £10 more!

Hopefully the awkwardness will subside with time, and yes, I hope they do have time, but as a company they're going to have to crack down on those who seemingly refuse to comply with the new guidelines.

^
certain people "play forums" very well and tread very close to the line

i cant be bothered to do that life is to short

From the makers of Trivial Pursuit, new this summer is the game the critics are saying the can't put down, Forums.

- choose an ironic name like the first initials of your biggest idol or the opposite to what you really are.
- make more than one name and gave conversations with yourself.
- avoid the trolls and never have an open mind

Hey we may play forums Dox but at least we don't play prams ;-)

PJ.

I'd just like to make an announcement that I've bought the rights to the screenplay for this thread.

Bingowings - Dot Cotton
Peter Simon - Alfie
Mike Mason - Dirty Den

Episode one - the above characters are in the pub discussing the latest ASA announcement. Dirty Den re-equalises the drinking establishments sound system... and kills the speakers in the process. Dot is carried off in an ambulance as she tries to poke Wirral with knitting needles with the worry angel (voodoo doll) she believes is real.... and Alfie starts talking to the walls.

The show was shortly cancelled thereafter.

Thank the lord it got canceled. If it was written anything near as bad as the synopsis it must have been
awful!

Latest posts

Back