Viorelli

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kit10

Registered Shopper
Just noticed that there is a Viorelli show on Friday at 1 pm. Having purchased some lovely pieces years ago, I was quite interested. Until I discovered that this was an EMF beauty device! Opatra must be shaking in their shoes 🤣🤣🤣 so much for Steve’s bringing back Old School Gemporia.

No, definitely a Beauty device. They are calling it The Science of Light. Doesn’t look like it is part of Katie’s Visage range either. So many mixed messages on this channel. I suppose it could be chock full of rose quartz 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just noticed that there is a Viorelli show on Friday at 1 pm. Having purchased some lovely pieces years ago, I was quite interested. Until I discovered that this was an EMF beauty device! Opatra must be shaking in their shoes 🤣🤣🤣 so much for Steve’s bringing back Old School Gemporia.
At least it's not jade.

Tune in tomorrow and everything is encrusted with the stuff 😬

An EMF beauty device? HOW DARE YOU!

I've just got to let you know............ This will be no ordinary EMF beauty device. It'll be the very best on the market, with the finest internal mechanisms known to grace our Earth. Totally indestructible, nuclear bomb proof, and a legacy item that you can pass down for generations to come. MULTI-BUY!!! Buy three and get a free Jess Foley poster mounted in a gold tone frame. Good luck to each and every one of you! Well done! Absolutely.

Oh ManWithNoName, that is exactly how the presentation will go. I hope it is with Ellis. If so, I’m going to change my lunch hour just to watch it! I caught her today with those watches made from horse shoes. Taking the world by storm, apparently. Really Ellis, really?

Steve is coming on to present it with Angeline, I bet he will go on about having light therapy on his leg before the marathon, he tweeted about his sessions a lot before he did it. Still wish they were doing Viorelli stardust earrings though!

I imagine they have been seeing the similar items constantly on sale at TJC and deciding that they want a piece of that. I’m sure Steve is very aware of the competition. He did say that Sarah was looking into the beauty side of things and to expect more in the range.

I think the Management have definitely decided their course of action. Steve is obviously in agreement with how things are going if Sarah is involved in this new line, and he chose to bring it to air. I expect the markup is huge, and it dovetails nicely with Visage and Primal skincare. These things are selling regularly on other channels and he must be aware of this. I think he’s trying to model Gemporia on QVC, with Beauty Fashion and Jewellery. And if you look at QVC now, jewellery is a tiny fraction of what they sell, when once upon a time Jewellery was huge. They used to say that the Company was founded on Diamonique. They’ve stepped away from that, and I think that’s quite telling.

I think the Management have definitely decided their course of action. Steve is obviously in agreement with how things are going if Sarah is involved in this new line, and he chose to bring it to air. I expect the markup is huge, and it dovetails nicely with Visage and Primal skincare. These things are selling regularly on other channels and he must be aware of this. I think he’s trying to model Gemporia on QVC, with Beauty Fashion and Jewellery. And if you look at QVC now, jewellery is a tiny fraction of what they sell, when once upon a time Jewellery was huge. They used to say that the Company was founded on Diamonique. They’ve stepped away from that, and I think that’s quite telling.
Gemporia seems to moving into another direction not gems related/obvious fit with company name or vision.. what a mess..what does Gemporia stand for?

How the mighty have fallen aye Steve?!

Only 5 years behind TJC with this development

As i have said many times I don't think a channel just doing jewellery is feasible in 2023 looks like Steve finally agrees

Yes it will upset the regular high end collectors but judging by this forum they are upset anyway

As i have said many times I don't think a channel just doing jewellery is feasible in 2023 looks like Steve finally agrees

Yes it will upset the regular high end collectors but judging by this forum they are upset anyway

But then when channels start to go down the "lets sell a bit of everything" route, their competitor becomes Amazon - and the likes of TJC, Gemporia, etc will never compete with them either.

There's no reason why Gemporia can't survive as solely a Jewellery channel still - but not in its current form. They really need to go back to basics - create nice designs again, stick to Silver, Gold or Platinum without the tacky 'tone' junk, offer good quality jewellery, at reasonable prices (where there's profit to be made but without blatantly taking customers for mugs), cut out the dubious sales tactics and just let the products sell themselves without the waffle and BS.

Most importantly, just be content with a website and two channels. Their downfall in the past has been wasting money trying out short-sighted projects and getting a bit too big for their boots. Stop attempting world domination by setting up other channels abroad. Stop trying to flog jewellery in Virgin Atlantic flight brochures. Stop trying to flog jewellery in shops like their ill-fated attempt before. Stop wasting money on vanity projects like studio revamps and on-air graphics. I've lost count of how many revamped studios Jewellery Maker and Gem Collector have had - in addition to studio sets being created for The Lounge, Diamond Room and Rocks TV, only for them to close those channels down again.

Even when their business was healthy, they didn't seem content with just making a profit. They seemed to want to branch out with overseas channels and other sales outlets. Then when it all backfired, Steve seemed to lose interest.

They started their own decline needlessly in my opinion by trying to grow too quickly, too fast - and then their bread and butter UK channels and customer service started suffering in addition to the 'new' channels being unsuccessful.

Get your main bread and butter part of the business 100% right before attempting world domination with everything running at 60%.

Absolutely.

But then when channels start to go down the "lets sell a bit of everything" route, their competitor becomes Amazon - and the likes of TJC, Gemporia, etc will never compete with them either.

There's no reason why Gemporia can't survive as solely a Jewellery channel still - but not in its current form. They really need to go back to basics - create nice designs again, stick to Silver, Gold or Platinum without the tacky 'tone' junk, offer good quality jewellery, at reasonable prices (where there's profit to be made but without blatantly taking customers for mugs), cut out the dubious sales tactics and just let the products sell themselves without the waffle and BS.

Most importantly, just be content with a website and two channels. Their downfall in the past has been wasting money trying out short-sighted projects and getting a bit too big for their boots. Stop attempting world domination by setting up other channels abroad. Stop trying to flog jewellery in Virgin Atlantic flight brochures. Stop trying to flog jewellery in shops like their ill-fated attempt before. Stop wasting money on vanity projects like studio revamps and on-air graphics. I've lost count of how many revamped studios Jewellery Maker and Gem Collector have had - in addition to studio sets being created for The Lounge, Diamond Room and Rocks TV, only for them to close those channels down again.

Even when their business was healthy, they didn't seem content with just making a profit. They seemed to want to branch out with overseas channels and other sales outlets. Then when it all backfired, Steve seemed to lose interest.

They started their own decline needlessly in my opinion by trying to grow too quickly, too fast - and then their bread and butter UK channels and customer service started suffering in addition to the 'new' channels being unsuccessful.

Get your main bread and butter part of the business 100% right before attempting world domination with everything running at 60%.
Totally agree.

I think it might’ve been you who posted a while back saying that Steve’s heart isn’t in gems anymore and he’s moved onto his next pet project and only grudgingly returned.
I turned onto the channel today when he was presenting with Angeline and it was clear that this is spot on. He was so enthused about his current health promotion project and apparently is opening a clinic in Birmingham to further promote this. He seems to have minimal interest in gem hunting or jewellery making anymore and I suspect that as you rightly predicted the channel’s days are numbered.
It’s such a shame. In its heyday I loved watching Gems and I would watch and buy again if it ever returned to those days

Latest posts

Back