WAITLIST - Is there a time limit on this?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've tried a few times as well, and never got anything on waitlist - and by the sounds of it, you're lucky if you do - so it seems a bit pointless.
When items have sold out, just say they've sold out QVC!

My understanding of Waitlist is that they wait until disgruntled customers return the item, having seen and felt the 'quality', and deciding it falls short of what was pitched. Then Q send out the item, badly packaged, often soiled with evidence of the previous customer's use of the 30 day MBG, to a new and unsuspecting victim.
I wouldn't go on Waitlist for anything, thanks.

I've tried a few times as well, and never got anything on waitlist - and by the sounds of it, you're lucky if you do - so it seems a bit pointless.
When items have sold out, just say they've sold out QVC!

Frenchie - PAL has summed it up in one (below) - I think the term should be UNlucky if you do as 9 time out of 10 it is a return.

My understanding of Waitlist is that they wait until disgruntled customers return the item, having seen and felt the 'quality', and deciding it falls short of what was pitched. Then Q send out the item, badly packaged, often soiled with evidence of the previous customer's use of the 30 day MBG, to a new and unsuspecting victim.

Yes of course. Since reading this wonderful forum about manky returns being sent out, that is another reason to avoid wait list!

I've had the odd thing from waitlist but ive never had a letter after 90 days.I don't do it now because I forget about them being on waitlist .I've had something turn up out of the blue when I would have cancelled if I remembered.

I figure if I can wait that long for it or forget about it I don't need it.

I have never received a wait list item and don't bother with it now. I only used it (some years ago now) for a few YC items but then I noticed nearly half the stock was on wait list. This included items which they had said would not be repeated, or the previous Christmas stuff when they had brought out new. I think they should only set it up for items they know will be back in stock, which the suppliers should be able to confirm.

The most irritating thing is, as I have read on here, when they get the item back but it is sold onscreen before the wait list is completed. What is that about???

Seems rather unfair for that to happen! Finding it really frustrating, they should just take it off the Website until the item/s come back in stock! Makes sense to me!:mysmilie_7:

That sounds awful, no thanks! :mysmilie_10:

I've received a few things on waitlist and I have to say that they've all been in perfect condition. I don't mind receiving a return if it's in good nick, after all most clothes that you buy from shops have been tried on by other people before you buy them.

I suppose giving them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps 90 days is waiting time for more products to be manufactured and then shipped (from Far East???), normally by sea, and then clearing time at the docks, all adds up to the time they can actually despatch from Liverpool. Just an alternative to the manky returns !

:puke:
I've received a few things on waitlist and I have to say that they've all been in perfect condition. I don't mind receiving a return if it's in good nick, after all most clothes that you buy from shops have been tried on by other people before you buy them.
I agree, but 'as long as it's in good nick' is the caveat. The trouble at Q is that they are not thorough in their checking of returns, it seems they just scan stuff in and scan it back out again without a second glance. (We've heard some real horror stories on this forum over the years; not just handbags with used tissues and bus tickets in, but also Birkenstocks with 'dog do' on the sole, and Carole Hochman pyjamas with 'lady stains' :puke:).

Glad I'm not the only one who's been disillusioned by and now no longer bothers with the wait list items! I've been on it many times - mainly for bedding items - and not one has ever arrived within the 90 days. They've never contacted me to let me know what was happening or that it had expired - not so much as an email to let me know :(

I've also tried calling up to see if they any idea when an item may come back come back in stock and they never have a clue! I don't understand why they don't just put items as out of stock or unavailable if they have no idea if or when they will get fresh stock. Grrr!

:puke:
I agree, but 'as long as it's in good nick' is the caveat. The trouble at Q is that they are not thorough in their checking of returns, it seems they just scan stuff in and scan it back out again without a second glance. (We've heard some real horror stories on this forum over the years; not just handbags with used tissues and bus tickets in, but also Birkenstocks with 'dog do' on the sole, and Carole Hochman pyjamas with 'lady stains' :puke:).

Oh I know the horror stories, but it doesn't put me off waitlist. If something arrived that I didn't like the look of I'd just send it back under DSR so it didn't cost me anything. I just wanted to make the point that getting something in grotty condition isn't a given.

Latest posts

Back