Wardrobe malfunction…? Or Sass?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did you glow in the dark?
Hubby said I might have done, but he wasn't allowed anywhere near me so he doesn't know. He thinks I probably did cos if anyone did it would be me. 🤣

He hasn't been the same since my mam told him about her great great great great and probably more greats cousin being the last witch burned at the stake in Scotland. He thought it was funny till she showed him the plaque she has about it. Thinks it's something I should have mentioned before we got married 26 years ago. 🤣

Last edited:
I've trained at all of them except bra fitter - - do you know of any courses for me?

Try working at M&S. They allow men to fit these days. My friend dragged her daughter out of the changing rooms faster than she'd ever moved but her daughter seemed accepting.

I know I'd have freaked out as a youngster had a man tried fitting me but it appears I've hit old fart status now.

Indeed. But this is presumably how Q wishes to present her these days, not using the “therapist” vibe. I don’t mind AY at all, but I don’t think she is as good as she used to be. I also have an under active thyroid so can sympathise with the additional weight! And I do not think that means her beauty comments are invalid. But she is certainly presented more as just a saleswoman these days, and just throws in the beauty expert stuff as a by the way. I have seen her in magazines on judging panels so she must have some status in the industry.

The status appears to be her sales figures. She manages to sell a lot so is in demand. The bottom line always counts the most. Beauty almost sells itself as it appeals to young and old that want to appear their best. I've bought from shows she's presented despite disagreeing with her advice and thinking she looks a mess. The MBG helps as no one else offers it in the UK.

The beauty expert claims make me cringe.

She should not have the enlarged, very flattering photo of herself on the wall in the background (she's wearing a navy jacket and a white blouse.) We all have photos of ourselves when we were younger and probably trimmer, but it's the 'now ' that counts.

I saw that, said nothing but poor Mr AE (who has the misfortune of sitting through my recordings) laughed out loud!

I caught the TSV presentation last night, the lip stuff. And have noticed this before, she is standing and moves from one foot to the other, lifting one foot and leaning on the heel part. She only does this when wear very high shoes, last night wedges. She doesn't do it in the trainers she wears. So if she cannot stand in the high footwear and has to move from foot to foot, why the hell is she wearing them? I just know she will have them off as quickly as she can at the end of a show. Sheer vanity, which does not seem to extend to her on air clothes, the highlighter, black eyeliner which show her eye bags.

I will say she is no doubt going through menopause, being in her mid 50s. Does she do the menopause shows on QVC?

Maybe she admires Abi Cleave's awful red pole dancer shoes.

You can be trained but it does not mean your good at make up. You need a skilful hand and eye.
That's true for all professions, I think. Imagine how many medical doctors just squeezed by on all their exams. I think many of them liked chemistry and math in high school, their parents were willing to fork out for them, and thought, 'Ah! I'll study medicine.'

As has been said on here many times. She trained over 30 years ago and does not seem to have updated since. Just rolls out the same, I am a qualified beauty expert, ever since. She might well appear in some magazines and get the big most important woman in beauty whatever. But, Caroline Hirons has herself a spot on Good Morning now that is a big deal as millions watch old Pip and Holly 5 days a week. That is the gig you really want to show how big you are.

I would say in an all out fight of the biggest in the business, Caroline would win with a knockout in the first round.

I do think that Alison Young is a good salesperson and excellent at mass selling beauty on TV. Recently though her "woke" statements are getting on my pips. Its too much!

Try working at M&S. They allow men to fit these days. My friend dragged her daughter out of the changing rooms faster than she'd ever moved but her daughter seemed accepting.

I know I'd have freaked out as a youngster had a man tried fitting me but it appears I've hit old fart status now.
I'd report that.

As has been said on here many times. She trained over 30 years ago and does not seem to have updated since. Just rolls out the same, I am a qualified beauty expert, ever since. She might well appear in some magazines and get the big most important woman in beauty whatever. But, Caroline Hirons has herself a spot on Good Morning now that is a big deal as millions watch old Pip and Holly 5 days a week. That is the gig you really want to show how big you are.

I would say in an all out fight of the biggest in the business, Caroline would win with a knockout in the first round.
Nadine Baggott is another one worth following.

Latest posts

Back