What happens to returned goods?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thankfully I have never had anything used sent out to me, and when I do return stuff I do asap as I don't like things lying around reminding me of how weak willed and easily swayed I am!! On a more serious note I wonder if any of us would trade the 30 day mbg for lower prices?
If I'm buying something I know I won't want to return then I shop around for the lowest price but if I might want to send something back then I will pay a bit more from QVC so I have the option of returning it.

I bought an Utrasun TSV after being on waitlist and it was so obviously been opened and used, so i went onto FB and talked about it, i was contacted by customer services and they said that i could either have a new one or have a full refund including my p&p and that i could keep the one i had received. I thought this was very good service BUT it shouldn't have happened.

Recently I received a Gilman top that had elbow creases, I rang CS and complained that I ordered a new top and not a used one ,she apologised of course (I could not really lose my temper with her, because she was not at fault.) and asked me to return it.
If I have to return any faulty goods, I usually stick a bit of tape where the fault is, so if you see anything with sticky tape, it is from me:cheeky:

I probably wouldn't swap the 30 day mbg for lower prices, because if I don't think I need the 30 day mbg I usually go online and find it lower priced, with free next day delivery often included, and a normal guarantee. There are not many items that I've found where QVC is the best option without the 30 day mbg.
But, if getting unhygienic used returns is an increasing problem then that puts off using QVC even if they had lower prices and the mbg. From what people are saying here, they need to improve this fast and find a way to reassure people that they have taken action. I hope I don't sound hysterical but it is one thing that really disgusts me!

You see, reading these posts makes me not want to buy anything else from the shopping channels if they are just going to stick returns back onto the warehouse shelves. People should expect to be receiving brand-new goods and not second-hand ones.

I don't think it helps that so many people return the goods in the first place. Perhaps these people should be a little more discerning in their product choices. Or, perhaps the shopping channels need to spend more airtime on technical details and close inspections rather than giving the viewers all the flannel and gush that the presenters/demonstrators often do...

I have had items that were clearly returns.The most recent was a dress that smelt of B.O. - it went straight back at their expense!

Snap I had a couple of tops years ago, reeking of BO and curry with stretched stitching, so bad I couldn't even try them on.
Rung CS right away as I didn't want them thinking I'd worn them, still they insisted they were new items and didn't resend out returns.

I once returned part of an assorted flavour pack of Easiyo Yoghourt . I found I liked the natural ones but the fruit flavours weren't to my taste . I was refunded only a proportion of the cost . By the time I'd paid the return P&P it was hardly a free 30 day trial !!!

I once returned part of an assorted flavour pack of Easiyo Yoghourt . I found I liked the natural ones but the fruit flavours weren't to my taste . I was refunded only a proportion of the cost . By the time I'd paid the return P&P it was hardly a free 30 day trial !!!

Do you think you should have been refunded for the ones that you liked and had eaten?

wow! a proportion? is that the deal on foodstuffs? how is eating half the order different to using half??

I think that QVC should make it clear what their policy on foodstuffs is . I still don't know , like some others on here.
Is there a difference between returning part of a pack of something that can be eaten and returning a part used bodywash / personal care set or a scented candle set , for example ?
Non of these items can be , or should be resold !!

Latest posts

Back