What was your worst ever purchase?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh nearly forgot! The Back Magic thing felt like a medieval torture device (due to a neck/arm problem I have) so that went straight back.

The Slanket problem is prob. because I'm only 5ft nothing and if I try to walk in it I fall flat on me face!! OK,ok, I know, you're not supposed to walk around in it............oh, and I get a cold back.......when I walk around in it!!:3::54:

Oh nearly forgot! The Back Magic thing felt like a medieval torture device (due to a neck/arm problem I have) so that went straight back.

Back Magic was my best ever purchase! DH's back has never been better, and he takes it to demonstrate to his (back-challenged) relatives.

I've got that...and it's one of my best things in the kitchen! Do you mean the one that consists of three parts, put the half a orange on the juicer, press the lid down and twist?..It works great for me...but only on citrus fruits though..they did claim it would do apples....it didn't!

yes, thats the one, stupid me never thought of organes, :11:might have to give it another try if I can get to the back of the cupboard, as I can imagine you are right on the citrus fruit ....... lol.
I promise I do have brains somewhere:34:

That's the one!! :1: (see post #75)

I couldn't move my planter when it got to about half full of compost, so I went out and bought those smaller terracotta strawberry pots at great expense. Plus the compost had to be some fancy mix of regular compost and special gritty stuff - also at great expense.

I then spent ****** ages transplanting all the strawbs over (which were by now looking very dry and dead), but got just one crop - which was admittedly delicious - before all the planks croaked it. I couldn't face dismantling the plastic hexagonal horror (which had taken hours to assemble) to get my money back........

oh my, i am loving this thread. Where do I start?
I have a steam cleaner that just doesn't seem to clean anything. And the Vax carpet cleaner - easier to go and hire a rug doctor for a day.

I put myself on waitlist for a cooks essentials vegetable slicer, I waited FOUR MONTHS for it... yet I've probably used only twice since I had it. It now sits in the back of the cupboard...

But the biggest load of rubbish I bought was the Calico Cottage Fudge packs/ready made mixes. Easier to do your own from scratch, and not such unhealthy ingredients.

worst was the marcasite watch bought from price drop it was the biggest heap of poo you have ever seenhad bits of what looked like coal supposed to be marcasite and the rest of the strap was lumps of steel made to look like marcasite
Best was my silver watch with diamonds from gems have had it three years now still same battery never misses a beat and have had so many complements on it

yes, thats the one, stupid me never thought of organes, :11:might have to give it another try if I can get to the back of the cupboard, as I can imagine you are right on the citrus fruit ....... lol.
I promise I do have brains somewhere:34:

Oooh let us know how you went, seriously you'll be left with an empty shell of orange rind when you've finished, you'll be surprised at how much juice you'll get from two largish oranges!

Also remember a steam cleaner I bought, I think possibly from Shop! back in the early days....it was absolute pants! You filled the tiny reservoir with tap water and then had to wait about ten minutes for it to be ready...when it was it just let out a pathetic little "puff" of steam, and you had to constantly press the button to get this to happen as well. It didn't clean anything! Bought a steam shark portable steam cleaner from one of the infomercial channels, and despite it having quite a few lousy reviews..I have found it to be amazing...for a small machine, boy does it have some power, it literally blasts grime away!

I couldn't move my planter when it got to about half full of compost, so I went out and bought those smaller terracotta strawberry pots at great expense. Plus the compost had to be some fancy mix of regular compost and special gritty stuff - also at great expense.

I then spent ****** ages transplanting all the strawbs over (which were by now looking very dry and dead), but got just one crop - which was admittedly delicious - before all the planks croaked it. I couldn't face dismantling the plastic hexagonal horror (which had taken hours to assemble) to get my money back........

This is all horribly familiar....:1: We used it as a compost "silo" for a couple of years and when we finally got to the bottom of it, took great pleasure in throwing the eyesore out!

Thought i would tell you about two of my worst buys ever! They were both a few years ago now, and i really should have learned my lesson from the first purchase, which was a tin containing mussels, which you had to prize open, and inside were pearls, which you placed into these caged earrings - awful, the pearls were so small they fell through the cages! i sent them back! the next item, was a watch, and i bought it because the presenter said the dial was an actual REAL genuine silver old sixpence. When it arrived, it was ok, i wore for everday use, and it was a conversation piece - but a year after purchasing it, i dropped it, and the glass smashed, and the back fell off, revealing a lovely piece of compressed cardboard! not a real sixpence! I felt a right donkey! and to say i was peeved, that didnt cover it! Oh, and my mum bought my boys (when they were really small) that Santas Polar Express Train, the track was so small the train constantly derailed itself, and it was so cheap and flimsy, the music pierced your ear drums, and the cat was terrified of it, so that got misplaced accidently on purpose! (bad mum, lol) I havent pruchased from them ever since

OH Dear. I think I must have bought at least 90% of everything mentioned so far:12::12:
One to add to the list was the green ball you fill up with( a lot!) of compost and stick plants into the holes around it to give a beautiful display of flowers supposidly completely covering the ball.
. The plants were dreadful and remained tiny so you could see all of the green ball,it looked dreadful....and I ordered 4 of them lol. It was the same with the green plastic bags that you filled with plants .
Then there was the air cooler that used frozen ice packs . I thought it would be great to use in the bedroom at night but it made such a racket that I couldnt sleep.
Unfortunately I could go on ,and on and on......................:34::34:

Not from qvc...but my absolute worst purchases were the air o vac, which was supposed to dry and iron your clothes simultaneously...it was basically a pop up laundry hamper, with a hole in, in which you insert a cheap hair dryer. It was unstable, and fell over more than once, the metal struts that came dislodged in the fall, were red hot, so I burned my fingers, any garment longer than a pair of knickers trailed the bottom of the unit so the air wouldn't circulate. It took a hour to dry one of OH's work shirts in it, the motor cut out twice during this time, and when finished, it still needed a good going over with an iron!

H20 Vac...heavy, cumbersome, impossible to clean, unhygienic and didn't do a very good job. Awful product. Thankfully I got full refunds plus p&p on both of these appalling products!

I fell for the hype on space bags which burst !, I got a water feature form Bid-up which "trips" the power every time we try and turn it on :11: when I tried to complain I was outside the returns date !, the foam stuff that is supposed to clean the carpet, which didnt.
I reckon we are all hypnotised into buying these things.

Latest posts

Back