Where are Debbie Greenwood & Julian Ballantyne?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am not interested in any of the stuff women mainly present, hence I never see them, or if I flick channels and they are on, I haven't a clue which is which

Try watching a few of the ladies shows, they are very good. They sometimes do the technical stuff as well. I bet you like CJ Rich or JC Rich (something like that), she was very good.

Try watching a few of the ladies shows, they are very good. They sometimes do the technical stuff as well. I bet you like CJ Rich or JC Rich (something like that), she was very good.

Yes she was, because she knew her stuff - not some failed "dancer"/beauty queen

Just catching up on here. Debbie Greenwood was one of my favourites, I will be sorry to see her go.

I'm reading the comments about Julian leaving too. At least he will get to spend more time with his granny ;)

Just catching up on here. Debbie Greenwood was one of my favourites, I will be sorry to see her go.

I'm reading the comments about Julian leaving too. At least he will get to spend more time with his granny ;)

Sadly for him I think she may have passed away.

Another one bites the dust

Twitter is full of qvc changes lately and just now I've read a few tweets about Carmel joining the jewellery channel. Trying to figure out if that's a good move for her. As much as I'm trying to believe it is, I just can't see it. Even though I've lost some faith in Q lately, it's still the flagship channel of shopping IMO.

Whose next though, so many confirmed or assumed departures and where all the the new people? Interesting times ahead for Q that's for sure.

Maybe the hours she's offered work or other T&C of her new employment fit better with Carmel's new mother role? I don't tend to watch jewellery channels apart from flicking but I wish her well in her new job.

As I said on FB, contracts change. Hours on offer(look at the zero hours offered now by many companies) and how much they will get paid for said hours. A few years back a new boss took over at Corrie, so instead of all the actors getting same wages whether they worked that week or not. Suddenly it was you are paid for the work you do, so big story line and full wages in your contract, not working much less money. I remember the tabloids all having the story and how the actors very unhappy.

Well the "bod's" who watch over the Q website really need to get their act together, Carmel (along with the others who may or may not have been given the boot) is still on the presenters page and while her blog hasn't been updated for a month.
It really can't be good for their P.R with all of this gossip and rumor mongering going on on line.
All it would take is one of their email "q gossip" posts to put this to bed once and for all.

Well the "bod's" who watch over the Q website really need to get their act together, Carmel (along with the others who may or may not have been given the boot) is still on the presenters page and while her blog hasn't been updated for a month.
It really can't be good for their P.R with all of this gossip and rumor mongering going on on line.
All it would take is one of their email "q gossip" posts to put this to bed once and for all.

The website is rubbish and they have probably let the webmaster go as well due to cutbacks.

I agree a simple statement would help, but perhaps they are of the mind that they don't want to be forced into decisions and actions by that 'rumour mongering'? Or perhaps there are contractual, legal or just reasons of choice, why QVC (and the employees in question) don't directly address this. My Nana used to say that the problem with being nosey is that you have to be a very patient person!

I stopped working in IT 19 years ago when I had my son, and haven't kept up to date with developments but I reckon a week's cramming and I could do a better, more accurate job of running the website than the current shower of amateurs. My teenage kids definitely could. Ofcourse I'd bring supercoolwillow on board for his attention to detail!

Maybe there are so many rumblings going on at the Towers that PR is the last thing in their minds. They'll wake up in a minute and think 'crikey' we need to update the website on current presenters, in fact 'double crikey' the website needs a complete overhaul. The 'new' website when launched was far worse than the old one. They tried to reinvent the wheel.

Anyway I hope Debbie can start tweeting again soon and that she's got a nice new job :)

Twitter is full of qvc changes lately and just now I've read a few tweets about Carmel joining the jewellery channel. Trying to figure out if that's a good move for her. As much as I'm trying to believe it is, I just can't see it. Even though I've lost some faith in Q lately, it's still the flagship channel of shopping IMO.

Whose next though, so many confirmed or assumed departures and where all the the new people? Interesting times ahead for Q that's for sure.

Just seen Carmel on TJC doing a promo for an upcoming show. Carmel's facebook page still has her as Carmel Thomas QVC presenter and she has been posting recently.

Have I missed something? Has Carmel gone as well?

Carmel is no longer at QVC. Don't kmow if she resigned or did not have her contract renewed. She is due to brcome a presenter on The Jewellery Channel. Shame because I really like her.

As I said on FB, contracts change. Hours on offer(look at the zero hours offered now by many companies) and how much they will get paid for said hours. A few years back a new boss took over at Corrie, so instead of all the actors getting same wages whether they worked that week or not. Suddenly it was you are paid for the work you do, so big story line and full wages in your contract, not working much less money. I remember the tabloids all having the story and how the actors very unhappy.
Its a pity our MP's weren't paid in this way then some of them might turn up for work more often.

So whos left?

Pipa - on sabbatical for a month or more.
Carmel - gone
Debbie - disappeared, presumably gone.
Julian - disappeared, presumably gone.
Anna - gone.
Kathy Taylor - not seen her for a while, but maybe thats just me.
Craig - working more behind the scenes.
Will - doesn't present anyway

It seems to me that out of 23 presenters, we will probably only see 15 or 16 regularly.

Latest posts

Back