where have these guests gone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alibali

Registered Shopper
I had stopped watching QVC for a while last year and when I tuned back in again I now see a new guest presenter for SBC , what happened to lorraine? I liked her , also the nails inc woman has gone and a different one in her place, just being nosey wondering what happened to them.

Alibali x

I think Lorraine will be on IW this week with her own version of SBC.

Whatever happened to the woman who used to sell vacuum cleaners, carpet cleaners, etc? She was very strict with the presenters and stood no nonsense from them lol. There was a hilarious clip on here once (can't find it now, does anyone remember it?) where everything was going wrong and the male presnter was in stitches.

Interesting thread-the guest presenter can make or break an hour for me.The obvious example of this is Philosophy,it's not the same without Lee,and now we have lost Ian on PK.Anyone remember a skincare range from years ago called Syence,it had a lovely guest I think his name was Stephen,he had the most relaxing voice ever,I wasn't really interested in the range itself,I just liked his presentation of it.Back to the present day-I prefered the original Diet Chef person,she seemed much friendlier than the new one.

Interesting thread-the guest presenter can make or break an hour for me.The obvious example of this is Philosophy,it's not the same without Lee,and now we have lost Ian on PK.Anyone remember a skincare range from years ago called Syence,it had a lovely guest I think his name was Stephen,he had the most relaxing voice ever,I wasn't really interested in the range itself,I just liked his presentation of it.Back to the present day-I prefered the original Diet Chef person,she seemed much friendlier than the new one.

Ahhh, the lovely Lee:heart: from Philosophy. I still miss him and I even miss Jill Goldsmith from Molton Brown. At least when they were on, especially on TSV day, you knew you were in for something half decent.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to the woman who used to sell vacuum cleaners, carpet cleaners, etc? She was very strict with the presenters and stood no nonsense from them lol. There was a hilarious clip on here once (can't find it now, does anyone remember it?) where everything was going wrong and the male presnter was in stitches.

that was catherine stewart. marvellous. (and it was charlie brook)

Ahhh, the lovely Lee:heart: from Philosophy. I still miss him and I even miss Jill Goldsworthy from Molton Brown. At least when they were on, especially on TSV day, you knew you were in for something half decent.

I really liked Lee. He was SOOOO GOOD at his job. He was passionate about philosophy. I've only watched once since he left, it's just not the same. Just couldn't watch who took over from Lee. Don't buy it now either. It annoys me how the guest presenters just disappear, no explanation. I used to like the kipling lady too.

And if anyone's not seen that clip :wink2: ................ (hopefully it will work)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNvddotTck4

I've lost count of the number of times I've watched it and it still cracks me up. I must get a life, lol.

Hilarious video

Thanks for the link Toril, I had tears of laughter running down my cheeks while watching it, it just gets better and better (or worse and worse for them LOL)

I used to like watching the computer related programmes when Tim (was that his name?) was on as I felt he gave some good tips. His sister used to do some cleaning products. Neither have been on for ages.

I much preferred the orginal kipling lady.

"JML" Marie-whathername is just not knowledgeable enough for me.

I really dislike when brands are represented by fame hungry wannabe's.

It also annoys me when the orginal guest can't be bothered to turn up either.I hate Indigo Moon clothing - but its like their creator,just can't be bothered to turn up any more? Bit like Lee Sands?

What happened to the occassional Kim & co stand in?

I used to like watching the computer related programmes when Tim (was that his name?) was on as I felt he gave some good tips. His sister used to do some cleaning products. Neither have been on for ages.

I used to like him as well, I think his name was Tim Goodwin, but I may be wrong.

I also think I know why he went. He had to stand in for one of the presenters (I'd better not say who, will call him J :cheeky:) who was announced as being "ILL". During his stand-in show, he said that "J was as ill as a newt", obviously he implied being the worse for drink. I don't think he was very pleased at having to stand in, and had a dig at J on live TV.

I never saw him again, I think he was sacked, as J was valued as a presenter more than he was.

and I even miss Jill Goldsmith from Molton Brown. At least when they were on, especially on TSV day, you knew you were in for something half decent.

Yes Jill and Molton Brown just disappeared without warning and TSVs were fab, and maybe even better than the outlet shop in the Lowry in Salford Quays. I could spend a whole day in there.

Yes Jill and Molton Brown just disappeared without warning and TSVs were fab, and maybe even better than the outlet shop in the Lowry in Salford Quays. I could spend a whole day in there.

Debbie Flint's blog says Jill Goldsmith helps the new guest presenters practice their selling skills at the 'QVC Guest Excellence' seminars.:flower: :flower:

Jill Goldsmith ALWAYS worked for qvc and just fronted for MB, which is interesting and Amy Garcia who fronted occcasionally for Kim and Co is a reporter for Look North BBC, Tim Goodwin is a lecturer

I remember a great American guy who worked for smash box. Can't remember his name, but have vague recollections of him getting some sort of promotion so never to grace ukqvc with his presence again. Oddly enough not bought any smash box recently!

Latest posts

Back