New Presenter - Josie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Have you got any Jade?

If not, I know just the man!
What could I get for my lump of Congo Jade?
IMG_20240407_200500.jpg

It's very rare. When I shine my torch at it, **** all happens.

That's the one. And yes, it has a variety of interesting shows: some of the kids show too. I'm far from a child, but sometimes simple explanations are what work for me ;)
Ha, yes indeed. I used to watch NHK via pure Internet site/IPTV and then on Roku/fire stick/NowTV but noticed last year it had appeared as one of the multi-channels on connected-Freeview on the Channelbox channel on CH 271.

I think NHK global is their public broadcaster version of the BBC World Service TV.

[
NHK WORLD-JAPAN launches on Freeview channel 271 via the Channelbox platform.

NHK WORLD-JAPAN, the international English-language channel from Japan’s public broadcaster NHK, delivers to the world the latest information about Japan and Asia. This channel reaches over 380 million households in 160 countries and regions via local satellite and cable TV providers.

NHK WORLD-JAPAN is available in the UK on Sky and Freesat and now became available also on Freeview, channel 271 bolstering the Channelbox news category which includes Bloomberg, Euronews, France24, TVP World and many other international news channels.

“NHK is a window to Japan and Asia and this TV channel is a perfect addition to the Channelbox and Freeview lineup of news channels”, said Tanya Kronfli, Head of Channelbox content and business development.

Channelbox is a multi-channel platform available on connected Freeview, channel 271, and Channelbox mobile applications.

Channelbox is free-to-air and has over 60 TV channels including Euronews, Fashion TV, NTD, France24, Fuel and many others.
]

When this channel first came to air in a previous incarnation, we used to play guess the final price! This was in the days when they had professional , knowledgeable presenters and sold a very wide variety of gemstone jewellery at competitive prices. I don’t think they spent more than 5 minutes on each piece and n that time a history of the gemstone, gem weight, amount of gold/silver etc was given. And I might just add no jade in sight!

I see Pig Trough is on again now, giving his hourly lecture. He’s been on 15 minutes and haven’t seen what he’s flogging yet. I have the sound turned off though.
How do they make any money, with him talking all the time? 🤔

See Ellis is on this morning. I suppose she’s better than Pig Trough and his incessant Jade. Did imagine it but had they added (irradiation/heating) to the description on screen. It’s not on the main description but really tiny on the secondary screens. Is this a cunning ploy to comply with ASA warnings?

Oh great, Jade! I think the channel should be re-named...Jadeporia - with Jade TV, Jade Collector, Primal Jade, Jade Jewellery Maker, etc.. All together now......We want more jade, we want......

Nurse! Where are my tablets?
I wonder, does Steve Bennett ever tune into Gemporia now, the company that made him rich, and wonder 'where did it all go wrong?' 'Why did I hand over the reins of my successful company to that Plonker, Jake the Fake'?

Jess Foley and Lindsey Carr have been on Gemporia for years - but they're still as crap now as when they started. Absolutely.

Its certainly not a confidence thing with this new presenter. Very much the opposite actually. She seems overly confident and is already coming across on screen as though she owns the place.
She will fit in very well then, there's a lot of that about! 😅

Troth tells more stories than Jackanory.

Jess Foley totally lapping up this current story, totally shocked with her 'Gromit' face and motions to the producers - despite hearing the same s**t every time he's flogging his Jadeshite.
Anything for a few quid I suppose!

Those phrases bug me no end. Alls. And I didn't know Drew was a behind the scenes man too. I liked him as a presenter. Did he leave before or after Lucy? I know he used to do stupid o'clock in the morning presenting: Jeff's slot if I recall, so not sure. And Ruth: I like her. Crazy, but knowledgeable in that she held your attention and was entertaining too. Surprised she got away in the night slot with all that shouting about sausages, if I recall. But her silliness was her charm.
Drew used to cover the 3a.m - 7a.m slot. and Ruth, the 11p.m- 3a.m. - both are excellent presenters, imo, a big loss to the company.

Some examples attached. TMWNN's dreaded agate, opal and "Chevron" amethyst. Crap lighting but you get the picture.
The leaves are nice. Where's the dog, Andy? I like him!

That makes a lot of sense, so I'm sure you're right.

Just watched 120 seconds of Hattie selling a candle. Struck me that her machine gun style of patter isn't that far off Little Britain's "yeah but no but" Vicky Pollard.

"Type A Sky Mountain Quartzite Jade"

So, Pigeon s**t grey coloured Quartz then.
I think I've realised why Troth always looks so 'pained'- Haemhorroids!

I think I've realised why Troth always looks so 'pained'- Haemhorroids!
Jadehorroids, if you don't mind! The medical profession re-named them, in honour of Jade himself (who definitely looks as though he has an advanced case of them, in need of urgent treatment). :rolleyes:

Drew used to cover the 3a.m - 7a.m slot. and Ruth, the 11p.m- 3a.m. - both are excellent presenters, imo, a big loss to the company.
I used to watch her til midnight. And, VERY rarely, I had a very quick peek at the 3-7 slot at around 5.30am, if I had to get up at 5 for work. But only for a few seconds ;)

Ruth had already reduced her hours voluntarily before all the redundancies, so we were going to see less of her anyway - but I always liked Drew.

Like Nick, they were under-used on the channels - instead, being put on the 'smaller' channels such as The Lounge, Gem Collector or the 'crack-of-down' hours that got less viewers.

They obviously didn't mislead and scream like banshees enough or have convincing enough 'false shock' faces :rolleyes:

Well I haven't seen Josie since she was doing what I think was her trial stint. Do we think she was a hit and has gone off to do her accreditation or was she a miss and we won't be seeing her again? It could be that I'm just not watching at the right time or she's off on JM or GC.

Well I haven't seen Josie since she was doing what I think was her trial stint. Do we think she was a hit and has gone off to do her accreditation or was she a miss and we won't be seeing her again? It could be that I'm just not watching at the right time or she's off on JM or GC.

They introduced her as a new presenter and said 'welcome to the team' - so shes definitely 'on the books' now. I suspect that now that Rachel Hatton is back to plug the gap in the mornings, there's no urgency to put her on, so she's just doing her training and acting as a 'sub' presenter until there's a regular slot for her.

Maybe Gemporia know something we don't. Perhaps there's a presenter about to leave that we don't know about yet?

Maybe Lindsey Carr is going to be moved over to JM full time to solve their problem of always being short of presenters?

Either way, I'm in no rush to see her again. Just from the two brief stints that she's done, I can tell that she's going to be as bad and annoying as the current shrieking, shouty bunch.

Do you mean this one (image 1) or this one (image 2)? 😁.

Attachments

• IMG_20240411_041844.jpg
    IMG_20240411_041844.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240411_041649.jpg
    IMG_20240411_041649.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back