New Presenter - Josie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

With a long story, which has already been told. 'I will tell the story again'..... Not that I heard it the first time.

Troth tells more stories than Jackanory.

Jess Foley totally lapping up this current story, totally shocked with her 'Gromit' face and motions to the producers - despite hearing the same s**t every time he's flogging his Jadeshite.

Just seen this on the Dirty Harry Jewels website.

"Each piece tells a story".

So not only do you have to hear a story from Dave Troth when he's flogging it on your screen for three hours, as soon as you open your Jadeite bangle, it's going to start telling you another story.

I think he needs to rename the business "David Harry Stories"

DHJ.jpg

Bring back Covid-19!
Only if it selects certain people.

And, a related note to the jade. I was (and this is a serious comment) thinking, do you think carved stones need to be opaque rather than translucent? That way, you'd be able to appreciate the carving. Look at Cameos of old, as an example.

Only if it selects certain people.

And, a related note to the jade. I was (and this is a serious comment) thinking, do you think carved stones need to be opaque rather than translucent? That way, you'd be able to appreciate the carving. Look at Cameos of old, as an example.

I think some translucent carvings work - such as fire opal carvings. They can look quite nice. Fluorite carvings also look quite nice.

Carvings tend to work better on stones that don't have a 'waxy' lustre - and that's why Jade carvings don't work or stand out. The lustre just doesn't show off carvings very well. Carvings also seem to work better on stones that have colour banding / shading. 'Single' colour stones don't make the carving stand out.

The stones I mentioned work well because they're contain colour banding, and things like mother of pearl also work well for carvings too.

EDIT: 'Chevron' Amethyst also works well too because the white and purple blends set the carving off well - whereas 'plain' Amethyst doesn't.

I reckon Dave Troth and Lindsey Carr must have beds in the attic of the Gems TV studio - both of them never seem to go home.

I bet on the rare occasion Troth goes home, his daughter says "Daddy, will you read me a bedtime story?"

Bedtime comes and Troth starts reading his story:

I once bought some Jadeite from Bernard Liu,
Who gave me a great price if I bought a tonne or two,
Some viewers love it, some think its tat,
but it usually sells out to some gullible pratt.

I don't just sell Jadeite, I sell other shite,
Such as queen conch shell and filled lepidolite.
Some people query if they're natural rocks,
So I avoid their questions by using 30 second clocks,

I mumble my stories for over an hour,
With my mundane voice and face that looks sour,
If my claims sound far fetched, I tell viewers to trust me,
Especially when I'm on with Jess Foley. Absolutely!

I reckon Dave Troth and Lindsey Carr must have beds in the attic of the Gems TV studio - both of them never seem to go home.

I bet on the rare occasion Troth goes home, his daughter says "Daddy, will you read me a bedtime story?"

Bedtime comes and Troth starts reading his story:

I once bought some Jadeite from Bernard Liu,
Who gave me a great price if I bought a tonne or two,
Some viewers love it, some think its tat,
but it usually sells out to some gullible pratt.

I don't just sell Jadeite, I sell other shite,
Such as queen conch shell and filled lepidolite.
Some people query if they're natural rocks,
So I avoid their questions by using 30 second clocks,

I mumble my stories for over an hour,
With my mundane voice and face that looks sour,
If my claims sound far fetched, I tell viewers to trust me,
Especially when I'm on with Jess Foley. Absolutely!
As someone who has written poems (not published), I'm impressed :) And amused ;)

I think some translucent carvings work - such as fire opal carvings. They can look quite nice. Fluorite carvings also look quite nice.

Carvings tend to work better on stones that don't have a 'waxy' lustre - and that's why Jade carvings don't work or stand out. The lustre just doesn't show off carvings very well. Carvings also seem to work better on stones that have colour banding / shading. 'Single' colour stones don't make the carving stand out.

The stones I mentioned work well because they're contain colour banding, and things like mother of pearl also work well for carvings too.

EDIT: 'Chevron' Amethyst also works well too because the white and purple blends set the carving off well - whereas 'plain' Amethyst doesn't.
Some examples attached. TMWNN's dreaded agate, opal and "Chevron" amethyst. Crap lighting but you get the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20240407_185944.jpg
    IMG_20240407_185944.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240407_185319.jpg
    IMG_20240407_185319.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240407_185726.jpg
    IMG_20240407_185726.jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back