Why is he not married?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't understand the permanent engagement either. Totally pointless.

I had an engagement just for a year, whilst we planned and saved for the wedding. We had the date booked almost straight away and for us it was a big bloomin deal and apart from the safe arrival of our children the wedding day itself was the best party I have ever been to and was the happiest day of our lives. In addition, as I said in my earlier post "being married" provided the security I clearly needed. We are the "Weathergirl family" We are "team Weathergirl". My little children of ages 2 and 4 already struggle with their surname, but they know who they are, who their "tribe"is, and who they belong to. I firmly believe, having co-habited with an ex for 8 years, that marriage, provided it is a happy and sound one, is worthwhile and extremely valuable for children. Interestingly, my ex, who never wanted to marry me, (I ended it), decided to marry the next person he met only 3 months after I ended it. Sorry, but I have to say it wasn't marriage he didn't believe in....he just didn't want to marry me!!!! (To quote "When Harry Met Sally"). Never a truer word spoken. I wasn't determined to marry at any cost though....I was proposed to a couple of times and declined before I was lucky enough to meet my husband. I would never advocate marriage just for the sake of having a wedding.

We are married and I love being married. It does make a difference to me, we have been married for 28 years and it still feels special. We got engaged after our 2nd date - crazy! Then we decided to get married the following valentine's day which was 8 weeks later. We were very young, I was 18 and Paul 19, we were both students and going by statistics, we should probably be long parted. It was tough at first, mainly with no money but we knew it would get better when we were qualified. We had a baby 2 years later, (Lucia was born just 1 month after I took my nursing finals) but we do now as we did then, all wages go into the same pot, no mine and yours distinction and it works for us.

That is just our story but I respect the wishes of other people, you have to do what works for you, be that married within 8 weeks or 28 years. I don't pass judgement, it's none of my business! I have never heard Charlie mention his partner to be honest, I have heard Julia Roberts say that she and her man are not married, she looks very happy to me.

Inge x

Be married, don't be married, whatever you BOTH want.

But why is it that with both CB and JR (and Chuntley pre separation) that they all seem to have a nervous hesitancy when they mention their long long engagements?

If it's what YOU want don't try to justify it, either say it loud and clear or accept it is no ones business but yours and say nothing.

Well I remember him presenting a TSV last year (can't remember what it was now?) and every show he presented he kept saying "my father-in-law to be has got one of these and loves it..." He said it so many times that someone started a thread on here titled 'Charlie's getting married!!'

Thread is here http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?38082-Charlie-s-getting-married!

So what was all that about then!?? :mysmilie_506:

Maybe Michelle just doesn't want to be married to Charlie?

Lol in a rather roundabout way (and after a glass of wine!) I think that was what I was trying to say in my post above! That was my own experience anyway. :)

Could it be that they are both happy and content in their relationship and neither of them wants to marry?.

my point was why do they mention it at all as it often smacks of insecurity and that should not be the case if they are both happy with the decision.

I think we are all agreed that 30 plus years is not an "engagement"

Latest posts

Back