Will You Admit to the Ultimate AY sin?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

coachella

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone - as I said in my previous post, I have not been on here for a year but have been reading avidly and laughing lots. I must confess that in the past (13 years) I have bought almost every single skincare TSV. Tot that up - could have had several exotic hols, house extensions blah, blah. Anyway, I went to a 'do' and won a treatment worth £500 of enhancements. I now have fillers in my nasolabial folds and splashed out on Botox. The results are incredible.Had the fillers 8 months ago and they are still ok. Apparently it will cost £395 for top up which should last another 8 as the more you have the less you need? Botox was £295 for 3 areas - I am 39 so it has lasted really well and they did it so I had movement in my forehead. Anyway, I have saved a ****** fortune and look better for it. I will not be tempted by AY's ' Ooh, you will look so young if you buy this,' anymore. From now on it is L'Occitane milk soap and spf 30 for me.

Not guilty.

I would not bother with fillers/ botox etc, but cut straight to the chase.
I am coming close to a BIG birthday ending with a zero and I've told everyone & anyone that they should start saving now for my Blepharoplasty.
I don't know who it was in the gene pool that gave me these pesky little lower eyelid bags. They were there, looming ominously, in my first ever infant school photograph.
I wish them gone.
The rest of my face can sag "gracefully" :giggle:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2007557/Madonna-plastic-surgery-Experts-closer-look.html

Last edited:
I am getting a very close look at 50 and it's a bit scary. I have always said that once I got to 50 I would let myself go to hell in a handcart. I lied!

And my dip in the gene pool has blessed me with a fairly pretty face and good skin ... now it's stopped playing silly buggers with adult acne. At 49 (waaaaaaaahhhh!!!) I genuinely have next to no lines and wrinkles. My skin is still quite plumptious (so though is my backside) and I am happy with the look and feel of my skin. Mostly.

I don't believe the hype that any "beauty experts" trot out. Once the damage is done it cannot be permanently reversed with creams and potions.

I'm not sure I would go for any kind of invasive procedure but I get why others would and do. The nearest I've got is a peel many years ago and investigating laser therapy to get rid of acne scars.

i am happy with my skin on my face but would pay for breast reduction/shaping and lipsuction on my hips/thighs and bum...just a thought!

64 in a couple of months, never had anything done, never will! Needle phobia! However, for me too, good genes...I've hardly any wrinkles, skin is plumpish (like you Tinks, so is that on my bum!) and soft, so no complaints. Yesterday while I was out I bumped into a girl I used to work with and last saw at post-natal clinic 30 years back - I was shocked. She is 60 next year she said, and honest to God, she looked older than me - wrinkles, rough dry-looking skin - maybe not good genes maybe ill-health or maybe she's just not looked after herself, so we should all look for blessings to count I reckon!

I always said I would love smaller boobs, I am small backed but all boobs. Oh and something to rid me of my very dark circles, but as they are caused by medical problems they no doubt would just come back.

Agree with Tinkerbelle, you cannot stop aging, if such a cream existed we would all use it and the cosmetics companies would be out of business. The cosmetic companies are there to sell a dream and we jump for it. Just read the book War Paint about Elizabeth Arden and Helena Rubstein, Revlon and Estee Lauder and push to sell more and more to women with promises of this will do whatever. Still going on today. Just find a brand you like and use it. Its better than using nothing.

The thing with botox the eyes get really wrinkly. Its the part that can move so does all the work and wrinkles more. See these famous women who use it but boy do they have awful eye wrinkles etc. I won't mention the neck area or the hands.

Apronectomy !! When I had my two children it just all fell out. Only being 5ft in height there was not much room & I was stretched really badly with my first one:sweat: If I had the money I would seriously consider it. There is only so much that slimming pants will do !

I recently stopped wearing contact lenses as I needed varifocals, so now I'm wearing my glasses most of the time and find I'm less bothered about my crowsfeet as they're less visible behind the arm of my specs. I'd seriously consider laser eye surgery but then I'd have to rething how I feel about my eye lines. The rest of my face (and matching backside) is plumptious so the glasses are doing me a favour at the moment. The best thing I ever did was to start pencilling in my eye brows after one of shavata's helpers showed me the difference it made. After years of having invisible blonde brows, thinking I had a huge tefal forehead which made me look as though my featured had slumped to the lower quarter of my head, it was like having a face lift so I'd thoroughly recommend having your eyebrows done- relatively cheap too!

I'll never say never though and I have horrible scar tissue around my ankles and knees through frequent injuries from being hypermobile which I'd have removed in a heartbeat cos it makes my legs look fatter than they are....and tummy surgery to smooth out my caesarian shelf cos no exercise can shift it.

Jude xx

Why is it we're all so aware of our bad points but not our good ones? Surely we all have some good ones?! If I were rich enough, and that way inclined, I would certainly have a tummy tuck and a boob lift, bum reduction, hand lift, neck lift, oh I'm sure I could find plenty of work to keep a plastic surgeon happy! My mush could stand laser work on the broken capillaries around my nose and who my age (and younger!) hasn't sat in front of a mirror and just held up the lower half of the face and thought how much better it looked?! But I'm determined I'm not going to get hung-up about it - my own mother could never have called me beautiful but I've had 60 odd years to get used to my face and as long as I can make the best of what I've got bugger the rest!

i have never seriously considered plastic surgery and as i am terrified of needles the idea of botox is too scary to contemplate. i have been lucky enough to have clear(mostly) smooth skin but now i am 40 i can see wrinkles/lines starting to appear. i obviously laugh too ****** much!
i am considering having laser treatment for the hairs on my legs and my armpits. i have noticed that the older i get the darker and thicker my hair is becoming, before i only had to shave the lower part of my leg now i have to do the whole thing... summer dresses are a nightmare! lol. i have always shaved(dabbled in waxing but gave it up as i am not fond of pain), i invested in a 'all singing and dancing' epilator at last year which promised so much but gave so little so i see this as the next logical step... but i have to convince my other half that i need it as he isnt over fond of the idea

Sign me up!! I will absolutely be going to have my hooded eyelids removed at some point. Maybe not for another 10 years when makeup can no longer disguise them (I'm 38) but I'm so doing it. I've already had my boobs reduced and that was life changing, I recommend anyone to have it done, the difference you feel is just unreal.

I have decent enough skin and relatively few wrinkles (thanks Elemis Pro Collagen eye and SPF) but if there's something I'm really not happy with then I'll be getting it sorted. Nothing too invasive and probably nothing like Botox that you have to keep doing. But a one off surgery? Definitely!

AY sells snake oil, they all do.

Tx

I bet when we were in our 30s we all said,"Never", but then Mother Nature showed us what's what.

well I'm 30 and although nothing in dire need of fixing other than losing a few (a good few!) pounds if I won the lottery I would get the following done in this order -

Skin peels to sort out acne scarring
teeth done so I can have nice straight gleaming white teeth
Pay for a personal trainer to sort me out and if that didnt work then lipo here I come!

Of course this is all dependant on me winning the Euromillions, so wish me luck!! lol x

I spent some of the money inherited from my Mum on orthodontic work to straighten my lower teeth and thoroughly recommend it. Not just aesthetic benefits but before I wasn't able to get floss between as the overcrowding was so bad and I battled with gum disease; now I'm on course to keep my teeth as long as is humanly possible and my gums are problem free. I'm so glad I did it and I'd consider whitening too but I drink far too much tea and I'd have to have a couple of crowns updated to match.

I have a dear friend who moans constantly about what she thinks is wrong with her face, hair, body and I come away feeling drained; let's face it - those who mind what you look like don't matter and those who matter don't really mind. It amazes me how much she thinks people are interested in criticising her, when I doubt anyone else notices and she'd come across as more friendly if she wasn't so judgemental of herself...it's all in her head sadly and I've given up arguing that she looks lovely as she doesn't believe I'm sincere. Very sad.

Jude xx

I think most of us had teenage angst. Our Mama used to say,"Don't be so quick to point out your flaws to others because you might forget them, but they won't"

Most of us came to accept what we were.

Ladies! That "teenage angst" returns in a new guise - "mature angst" :giggle:

Jude...I used to be like that friend! So fond of finding and dwelling on my faults that I wasn't living & enjoying life. One thing I've found about growing older and that is I no longer give much of a flying fig roll what anyone else thinks about the way I look - they can take me or do the other thing!

I'd forgotten that I had my teeth "done" when I was in my twenties!! What am I like??

I needed orthodontic work for non cosmetic reasons but the orthodontist straightened my top teeth whilst he was about it. They weren't bad before but I do now have fairly white almost perfect teeth. ****** painful though.

I'm very positive about myself on the whole possibly too much so. But I am struggling a bit with the way my body shape is changing. I was always an hour glass albeit a big one but in the past year or so I have really noticed my body shape changing to be more apple shape. Diet and exercise doesn't seem to change it much. Ah well. Will just have to keep trying.

Your post Tinkerbelle reminded me of my friend. We've known each other for 44 years.
She's adamant she would NEVER have anything done. We meet up for lunch with another school friend from time to time - and get the sermon.
Phrases like 'grow old gracefully', 'maturity goes with wisdom', 'every line tells a story', 'face lifts mean wind tunnel effect' etc

I just HAVE to remind her about the very expensive dental work she had done.
Then there was that mole/ wart/ beauty spot she had removed
Oh, yes - electrolysis
Oops, nearly forgot - the facials

Well, someone's got to remind her!

I'm having botox and fillers next month!!!!!!!!!!!! Very excited and rather nervous too.

I'm also toying with the idea of having my top teeth done. Although they are straight and white, there are gaps between them which I really hate and would like not to have them.

Oh, and I'd like a decent pair of boobs too please. :grin:

Latest posts

Back